Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mobile phones

Just been watching the total devastation caused to a family by some moron using his phone whilst driving.

I see that at the moment the penalty is 6 points on your licence plus a £200.00 fine.  How laughable is that!!!!

The 6 points should stay but the fine should be £1000.00 along with a 6 month ban.  If you lose your job......tough, they know the score.

And finally.............put the phone through a crusher.

We are way too soft in this country as regards anti-social behaviour.  If you can't live by the rules, you've no place in it.

I really do dread what the future holds for our children.

• Like 1

I am totally against using a hand held mobile phone whilst driving. You see this every day (particularly in "white vans").

However,  I am a bit uneasy because as mobile phone use has skyrocketed over the last 15 years, KSIs have not also followed suit. I am not sure what this means but it may be that the danger is overblown.

I think that your suggestion Geoff is a step in the right direction, but still way too soft.

I`d suggest;

1ST OFFENCE-DRINK DRIVING ONLY-----12 MONTH BAN

2ND OFFENCE/ (OR FIRST OFFENCE)-DRINK DRIVING AND ANY KIND OF INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY--------60 MONTH BAN

3RD OFFENCE (OR SECOND OR FIRST OFFENCE) DRINK DRIVING AND DEATH OF PASSENGER OR 3RD PARTY-------BAN FOR LIFE AND PRISON FOR 10 YEARS (NOT REDUCEABLE.

Driver not permitted to argue Human Rights Act either.

In China they would be shot and family charged for the cost of the bullet.

UK Society has become too soft and few are willing to take personal responsibility for their actions.

Just my view, so rant over.

1 hour ago, malcolmw said:

I am totally against using a hand held mobile phone whilst driving. You see this every day (particularly in "white vans").

However,  I am a bit uneasy because as mobile phone use has skyrocketed over the last 15 years, KSIs have not also followed suit. I am not sure what this means but it may be that the danger is overblown.

Try driving whilst using the phone Malcolm, then tell us whether the matter has been overblown!!

• Like 1

On a similar path, I was driving into London last week on the A3 and was really distracted by huge brightly lit advertising screens which changed every few seconds.  Then further along the A3 there's big adverts on both sides of the roads.  I think they're every bit as dangerous.