Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Fog Options

I’ve just bought an is200 and I’ve been doing some bits on it. The front fog lights appeared to be full of gravel so I pulled them out. It looks like these things haven’t been looked at in years! The insides were completely deteriorated and full with mud and dirt.

I took the hose pipe to it to clean it out and bits of bulb, metal and glass all came out with the dirt. I’ve been left with essentially the housing:

6273d22ab48b1a0e59f493b26b063c2f.jpg

919d193804036fae816342b8bea553ff.jpg

These are the connectors that are inside the bumper:

39ea2b3a931e227b4bf0fbb5a8760ced.jpg

Are these salvageable at all or is it completely pointless to try?

I thought about either:

- Buying blanking plates (if they exist), getting rid of these and blocking up the bumper

- Buying what’s missing and somehow putting these things back together with new (or used) parts

- Buying whole used units that work from eBay and just plugging them in but not sure those electric connectors work (conscious that this might be pricey!)

- Blocking up the back of these so that no other dirt can get in, and then just put them back in the car without bulbs to fill the gap, but they then obviously won’t be functional

I don’t really want to be putting much money into this car as I bought it very cheap as a run around, so cheapest options will probably win, but if there’s a cheap way of getting these working then I’ll be interested. If anyone’s got any guidance on what to do here it would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not worth trying to get them into a good state. Either put them back on if you don't mind them not working (not tested in the MOT so cannot fail if it is secure), or purchase some new ones from eBay (make sure you get the correct ones as there was a design change on later vehicles and I'm not sure if they are interchangeable.

Not aware of blanking plates for these, you would have to make something up yourself.

Cheers Colin

Think I might just be blocking them up and putting them back in then. I’ll have a look on eBay to see if there’s anything going cheap but I doubt it.

Just chuck some 9006/HB4 bulbs in them and put them back in the car. Take the gauze off the rubber vent tube and put the tube back on. I never had any issues with water getting into my dogs after doing that

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up going with the easy option and just cleaning them out and putting them back together. Didn’t cost me anything and look 10x better. Not particularly bothered that they don’t work as it’s not meant to be a car I’m putting money into really!

• Like 1