Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

rear anti-roll bar bushings dilemma

arvel

hey guys, could anybody give me a link or explain how to change rear anti-roll bar bushes? they seem to be glued on bar and alloy mounts. I can buy the bushings but I don't know how to do them properly. I'd appreciate any help.

thanks in advance

That's right, unfortunately what you describe is normal on an 09+ car. The OEM bushes are actually glued in place, sandwiched between the 2 aluminium pieces.

DSC06399.thumb.jpg.06d71c043f59a6e3071f626ec5bcfe47.jpg

You'll have to somehow cut or dremel the old ones off, leaving the mounts and ARB free of any remnants before the new ones can be fitted.

DSC06408.thumb.jpg.2bbf46f48bafe0778c972184c117e178.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
20 hours ago, ahmed-abrar said:

does anybody know the size of the rear anti roll bar on a 2008 car , I'm looking to change  but not sure if a 14mm or 16mm bush(poly upgrade) will do the trick?

It's 16mm for pre-facelift, so yours. Poly bushes will be good if it's just sway bars, it won't make any real difference on its own in terms of stiffness. 

1 hour ago, H3XME said:

It's 16mm for pre-facelift, so yours. Poly bushes will be good if it's just sway bars, it won't make any real difference on its own in terms of stiffness. 

Thanks, will have to wait until April when some SUPERPRO ones are available from the distributor