Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

All season Tyres Recommendation for RX450h 2016

My 2016 RX450h Premier, has covered 15k on factory fitted Dunlop but now worn off. Is it too soon for the tyres to go like that?

Lexus dealership suggested that multiple factors , but no fault in car

Now I am looking for all season tyres 235/55/20 if anyone has suggestions where to get them from etc?

Thanks

• Like 1

I'm very happy with my Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season tyres.....not sure if they do 20" though....mine are 19".  They're very quiet and grip well in the wet, no experience of ice and snow.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

Michelin Cross Climates. Mine have done 10000 miles since October and are barely worn. 

I have read quite a few reports (mainly Honest John] stating how Michelin Cross climates improve ride comfort and noise levels, but none for an RX. Have you experienced notably improvements with these tyres? My 450h is shod with Bridgestones and I find road noise to be unacceptable, compared with previous Lexus' I have had.so, whilst the Bridgestones are not exactly at the end of their useful lives, I am tempted to change them. I would be grateful for your response. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flivoless said:

I have read quite a few reports (mainly Honest John] stating how Michelin Cross climates improve ride comfort and noise levels, but none for an RX. Have you experienced notably improvements with these tyres? My 450h is shod with Bridgestones and I find road noise to be unacceptable, compared with previous Lexus' I have had.so, whilst the Bridgestones are not exactly at the end of their useful lives, I am tempted to change them. I would be grateful for your response. 

They are a 100% quieter than the previous OE Dunlops. The ride is much softer and both wet and dry grip much improved especially at low temperatures. Fantastic in snow too. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, steveledzep said:

I'm very happy with my Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season tyres.....not sure if they do 20" though....mine are 19".  They're very quiet and grip well in the wet, no experience of ice and snow.

I also have these fitted to my RX and I am very happy with them.

I have had the Michelin Cross Climate fitted for about a year, and I was amazed at the way they cut the road noise. So much so, I have had a set fitted to my wife's Yaris with the same effect. Highly recommend!

• Like 2

On 4/13/2019 at 10:53 PM, dochybrid said:

My 2016 RX450h Premier, has covered 15k on factory fitted Dunlop but now worn off. Is it too soon for the tyres to go like that?

Lexus dealership suggested that multiple factors , but no fault in car

Now I am looking for all season tyres 235/55/20 if anyone has suggestions where to get them from etc?

Thanks

Sounds about right. I changed my Bridgestones at 16k

The above replies are all irrelevant as the only all season tyres available in 235/55 R20 currently are the Michelin Premier LTX AT £310 a tyre or the Michelin Latitude Tour HP. Both have H speed ratings so check with insurance company beforehand as they're lower than the V rating on the OEM tyres

Thats true as I have tried to search all the recommended ones but it doesnt match with tyre size

I suppose I am left with deciding summer vs winter tyres given the cost of all season tyres

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely Cross Climates.  I had a full set fitted in October 2016 and have done approx. 32,000 on them.  Great grip, quiet, comfortable and wear is excellent.  At my last service in January they had 5mm left on the fronts and 6mm on the rears

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JeffL said:

Michelin Cross Climate has been a favourite of honestjohn for a long time. However. they are now number 3 in the list.

Ooh yes - and No.1 on the list are the ones I've got and been advocating :yahoo:

• Like 1

Cross climates on both my is and wife's RX. Noticeable quieter, good grip. I swore I'd never go all season after a set of hankooks on my last car (which were the highest rated at the time), but these are in a different League, they actually seem more balanced for all season rather than just snow focused. Which seems a perfect fit the UK imo.