Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where do you guys buy servicing parts from?

Hi guys, 

Just picked up my LS430 and will be giving it a full service soon. I've always done my own servicing, brakes etc and only ever left the big jobs to the professionals. 

I'm a big fan of Euro Car Parts and have used them previously. I've always been able to find high quality parts there for my previous cars, often from the same manufacturer OEM use. However when looking there for parts for the LS430 they only seem to offer cheap off-brand filters, and there's no way I'm using them.

Is my best bet to go straight to the dealers for parts or could anybody recommend a decent online company? I'd much prefer to have parts delivered to me. 

Many thanks 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Lexus Swindon sell parts online:

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk

For expensive items you will find importing from the US cheaper than purchasing in the UK. Rockauto.com is a popular site which gives great service - you just need to make sure you don't need a European specific part.

• Thanks 1

Hi

I use Euro carparts for oil and a range of stuff.

For parts I try to buy Lexus but from Birmingham Lexus as they give a discount. 

Recently i’ve purchased lower ball joints for my LS400 from Rockauto in the States but I went for the top range at about £100 all in. Lower arm bushes were Lexus.

All pulleys, waterpump, belt were Gates parts from the US too at a snip as they were on offer. One pulley was same manufacturer as original part...true might have been made to different spec but who’s to know?

I’m careful of eBay and there’s a lot of cheap junk out there even by what seems to be reputable manufacturers and big distributors.

Next job up will be rear brakes and I’m torn as a pair of brembo discs and decent ceramic pads and shoes from the States even with tax and delivery are way cheaper than Lexus.

For me price and quality are a balance. I need to repair probably about £2ks worth of dents, bumper damage and get the wheels done and other half has allocation for new kitchen, bathrooms etc.. 😂

I’d like to see quality standards applied to replacement parts so buyers have knowledge and choice.

• Thanks 1

I'd go with what Simon has said. I buy parts from rockauto as even with delivery it's cheaper than main dealer parts, some parts can take from 3 days to a week to arrive, or I buy parts from lexus birmingham as Simon said, they do give a good discount. An example, I was looking at lower ball joints for an ls430 at Lexuspartsdirect, their price is over £80, lexus birmingham sell them for £52 All in and rockauto was around £30 for the same part, front pads and discs from Lexus birmingham cost me £142 all in. 

But Lexuspartsdirect do give discount on some parts. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I've just ordered some servicing parts from Lexus Parts Direct as I'd like to get that sorted over the bank holiday. I'll certainly look at RockAuto for other parts in the future. Wouldn't have thought shipping from the US would have been cheaper but the prices look good. I'd like to replace the radiator at some point so I'll compare prices there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Euro Car parts are my favourite, but I am to do a service using a Birmingham Lexus service kit. It is all good stuff but a bit pricy. I can't understand why the oil sump blue felt/aluminium washer is so expensive. It should be 40p tops. Anyone know who does them cheap?

I agree a Crosland oil filter is no good for me as I prefer a Made in Germany one.  After some research on the Mann website I found that the correct Mann oil filter is https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Toyota_Camry_3.0_2002/p/car-parts/regular-service/car-service-parts/oil-filter/?501820029&1&81cc983cfd5671b1ac29454e7e3d773dae9ed672&000231&utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks&awc=3997_1530624181_a521bc8162d64ac1711da5d3b0e30d9c which is a Mann W712/83Oil filter (the same as a Toyota Camry 2002, 3 litre). With the usual discount it is £4.53p at the moment, an amazing price.

Recently got my Denso plugs from Opie Oils at a very good price.  £52.51p for 8 DENSO iridium Spark Plugs [SK20R11]. Maybe a 1/3 the price of Lexus.

6 hours ago, LexusPartsDirect said:

Nice to see people recommending us, We do try 🙂

A big thank you to Daniel who helped me out getting the parts I needed today. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In relation to a comment above @messi, if you come across cheaper parts elsewhere please do get in touch as we will always do what we can to beat prices found elsewhere!

We hope to help and support the excellent Lexus community as best as we can.

For brake pads, I just phoned local Toyota dealership and asked for a price for the pads, quoted reg and was given a price. Told the parts guy, thanks for the price but I will just go to eurocarparts as they are much cheaper, he immediately gave me a discount to a near enough price of eurocarparts. Straight down to dealership, Toyota pads and I noticed receipt was put through as a local taxi firm. I know the Lexus dealership parts department don't do any deals and I always feel the dealership have the attitude that they are doing you a favour even dealing with you, hence I steer well clear of them if I can. Maybe worth a call to local Toyota dealership.

5 minutes ago, Surebet said:

Maybe worth a call to local Toyota dealership.

my local Toyota one is just 100 yds from the Lexus Main Dealer .......  and I remember being referred to the Toyota people when I first asked for stuff ( many many years back ) and I doubt my local Lexus main dealer ( Canterbury ) actually has a parts dept.............. why would they ............  probably owned by the same people

and I had a brilliant result from really nice service guys when I purchased my last Battery ( trade price and free fitting one cold day in the winter )

Malc

On 4/15/2019 at 5:29 PM, MLW said:

Euro Car parts are my favourite, but I am to do a service using a Birmingham Lexus service kit. It is all good stuff but a bit pricy. I can't understand why the oil sump blue felt/aluminium washer is so expensive. It should be 40p tops. Anyone know who does them cheap?

I agree a Crosland oil filter is no good for me as I prefer a Made in Germany one.  After some research on the Mann website I found that the correct Mann oil filter is https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Toyota_Camry_3.0_2002/p/car-parts/regular-service/car-service-parts/oil-filter/?501820029&1&81cc983cfd5671b1ac29454e7e3d773dae9ed672&000231&utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks&awc=3997_1530624181_a521bc8162d64ac1711da5d3b0e30d9c which is a Mann W712/83Oil filter (the same as a Toyota Camry 2002, 3 litre). With the usual discount it is £4.53p at the moment, an amazing price.

Recently got my Denso plugs from Opie oils at a very good price.  £52.51p for 8 DENSO Iridium Spark Plugs [SK20R11]. Maybe a 1/3 the price of Lexus.

Yep I get Blueprint blue washers...identical and a quid or so...depends on whose offering what at the time.

I get a Lexus oil filter but from any reasonable source...they’re made in a few countries but seem ok.

I too got plugs from Opie...very good value.

Air filter changed (now) every year as I failed emissions in latest MOT but non OE but not too cheap...changed filter, added cat clean and thrashed around for a few miles...results were perfect-very good indeed.