Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery hooked backwards!!!!!

Ketzy

Hi guys and sorry for bad English! Accidentally I hooked the batery backwoods on my lexus is220d 2008. I checked the fuses and 2 of 30A are damage on engine department. The car starts but has the Abs light on, P/S light on, airbag on, the power steering is not working, navi, electric windows, mirrors, rear back lights, day lights and I can lock or unlock the car. What you guys think it happens, I burn the Ecu, if ecu is damage I still turn on the car? I was very stupid, I know 

27 minutes ago, Ketzy said:

So the Ecu should be OK? you have any picture with hidden fuses? 

Sorry I do not have an 220d to take pictures of, but virtually all Toyota/Lexus cars have a clear plastic cover usually at the side of the fuse box. Under this cover "that cannot be removed from the top" is a long metal strip with a series of connections. It is this metal strip that is the fuse. Blown sections can be seen through the plastic cover, but the complete strip has to be replaced from the underside of the fuse box.

John. 

• 2 years later...

Hello. I'm having same problem now. Is there anyone knows what have to been done to resolve this problem. Nothing working in electrics. All what I can do start up engine. Many thanks.

If the main bus bar has been damaged by reverse polarity being applied ( ie Battery connected wrong way round, even for a split second!) then you will need to replace busbar unit in main fuse board under bonnet. You can normally actually see where it has failed by looking closely at silver metal construction in fuse board.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links