Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF "performance cars that cost nothing to own"

No surprise to me that the ISF comes into Autocar magazine's list of depreciation busting performance cars. But Shhhh just don't tell everyone !!

"There are certain performance cars on the second-hand market that are so well-regarded – and that are in sufficient demand – that their values are set in stone. Pick the right one and it’ll probably owe you nothing two or three years down the road. You could get back every penny you paid for it".

"post-2011 IS Fs still command £25,000, while the earliest cars are trading hands for around £18,000. It’s unlikely they’ll slip much further"

"IS F is exceptionally rare, which is exactly what will keep values strong in years to come."

Well we knew that I guess but it's what Autocar think too, and its certainly more fun than keeping the keeping the money in the bank! :yahoo:

I just need to wait until the RC F reaches a similar status before I raid the bank again

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/beating-depreciation-performance-cars-cost-nothing-own

• Like 4

More dribble about ride quality 🙈

Rear tyre wear. Really? It’s not bad at all, and I used to spank mine.

IS-F, an excellent car. And it doesn’t suffer from some of the issues associated with the RC-F.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gb1600e said:

No surprise to me that the ISF comes into Autocar magazine's list of depreciation busting performance cars. But Shhhh just don't tell everyone !!

"There are certain performance cars on the second-hand market that are so well-regarded – and that are in sufficient demand – that their values are set in stone. Pick the right one and it’ll probably owe you nothing two or three years down the road. You could get back every penny you paid for it".

"post-2011 IS Fs still command £25,000, while the earliest cars are trading hands for around £18,000. It’s unlikely they’ll slip much further"

"IS F is exceptionally rare, which is exactly what will keep values strong in years to come."

Well we knew that I guess but it's what Autocar think too, and its certainly more fun than keeping the keeping the money in the bank! :yahoo:

I just need to wait until the RC F reaches a similar status before I raid the bank again

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/beating-depreciation-performance-cars-cost-nothing-own

What I am hoping and expecting is that isf prices will bolster rcf and Rcf will bolster lcf much like the Elise bolsters the exige and the exige bolsters the Evora. If the top price isf cars are listed at 25 I would expect rcf to remain 5k plus above it at all times. 

• Like 2

I always see people complain about there not being a 3rd gen isf. 

I'm happy ours is the only version. I'm also happy the word is getting out. Push the prices up. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links