Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Long Delivery Dates on New ES

olliesgrandad

On 5/12/2019 at 1:16 PM, Dapprman said:

Could be worse - now they've taken deposits and launched the car over here and in Europe, the estimated delivery time on a Tesla 3 is 2+ years - and having seen the published financials for the company there's no guaranty they'll still be around then (the profit they announced last year was on cost of cars sold v cost of cars manufactured, the company still made close to a billion dollar loss).

And more Tesla’s are bursting into flames , while just sitting , parked ! They look great but wouldn’t touch one with a barge pole 

10 hours ago, Dealkent said:

And more Tesla’s are bursting into flames , while just sitting , parked ! They look great but wouldn’t touch one with a barge pole 

"look great" - maybe from 10 feet away, especially model 3. Even Dacia have better build quality, I could not believe the stories until I have seen and touched myself.

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

"look great" - maybe from 10 feet away, especially model 3. Even Dacia have better build quality, I could not believe the stories until I have seen and touched myself.

Seen a few Model X recently - the front and rear door handles are next to each other and the alignment on all the ones I've seen is shocking.

I pointed out the sticking quality issues to the lady at Tesla stand and she defended it by saying that "new Model S" is now much improved in terms of quality control. Sort of admitting that model 3 is just literally horrendous. That is considering that Tesla probably doesn't put the worst example for the show... and if it looks like that on the new car, I am afraid to even think about what it will look after say 30k miles.

Other thing to consider - quality expectation in US is quite significantly different from EU... so 8mm gaps in body panels and rattling trim is probably considered "good enough". 

22 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Other thing to consider - quality expectation in US is quite significantly different from EU... so 8mm gaps in body panels and rattling trim is probably considered "good enough". 

No, I'd say the opposite. They expect less rattles, quieter and smoother ride.

That is what they would "ideally" like, but not what average american manufacturer provides - even the most luxurious Lincolns and Cadillac are pretty appalling compared to "quality" of say BMW, I am not even talking Lexus. Basically, they are accustomed and used to car we would not approve in Europe. Yes their cars are massive and have cushy sofas instead of seats, but build quality is not great.

Back on topic....I’ve been trying to track mine to see when it’s going to set off from Japan.  As of today, according to Lexus UK, it’s still not allocated.  I’m unsure what that means unless it suggests that it still doesn’t have a build slot but surely Lexus know how long it takes an ES to be processed whether I’m next in line to go through the factory or 5000th in line.

Habu

• 2 weeks later...

3 months has now passed since my order went in and, as of today, Lexus UK still have no shipping details.   Car is due to my local centre around the 20 July so it needs to get a wriggle on.  According to Lexus UK they are only aware of the car’s status when it has been allocated to a ship.  

My current NX, which the ES will replace, is only 8 months old so it’s no hardship waiting a bit longer.

Does anyone have any details of their orders?

My NX took exactly 3 months from order to delivery.  The ES orders appear to be far greater than Lexus expected so there are delays with just this model.  Mine was ordered exactly 3 months ago and there no allocation yet for it.  Hopefully Lexus UK will advise soon that it has shipped.🤞

Lexus UK confirmed this afternoon that my ES order has now been allocated a vehicle stock number.  Anyone know what that means?  I’m guessing it’s a build number ready for being assembled?

Today i received a call from my dealer, my takumi ES delivery is rescheduled for somewhere september (hopefully) !!!!! this means more than 2 months extra wait. 

Apparently the demand for the hybride systems at Toyota and Lexus is so huge they now have problems delivering the goods on time ! 

I have an appointment with my dealer as to see what he can do, as i sold my car and will be whiteout a car from july 1. 

I will have the option to rescind the contract but damm i really like this car.... 

I ordered the car and signed the order on the 26th February 2019.  Gave the dealer my GS450h in Feb 2019  to achieve the best trade in having been told it would be July delivery.

I was advised it would be August about 4 weeks ago due the demand everyone is talking about.   He rang me yesterday to say the time line has moved again between the 26th August and 8th September but still no guarantees it will arrive then.     As my car is not built or had a chassis number allocated I asked my dealer  about a change of paint colour.  They rang Lexus and said it was possible to change the paint colour choice  but only by cancelling my original order and ordering the same car again.  Lexus UK also said the order would then go to the back of the queue  and could be December or Jan 2020 before it was delivered.   I've decided to go with the original choice of paint. If I receive another  revised delivery date I will cancel my order and consider a pre owned ES from the 36 cars that are currently available in the Lexus Network on Autotrader.      

• 2 weeks later...

Not long now, the ship carrying my car (Toledo) is somewhere off the coast of northern Spain on route to Bristol.

It went dark again around 8 hours ago but will hopefully come back into AIS range soon.

It's scheduled to arrive at Bristol docks tomorrow around 10:00 (not sure if the time on vessel finder is + or - 1 hour?)

Does anyone know how long it takes once the ship docks to get processed and delivered to a dealership? This must be a regular thing so they must have a general timescale (give or take) that these things take?

I'm trying to manage may expectations for getting my car in time for my holiday on the 27th of this month?

From last time, it took approx 2 weeks after docking to being ready for collection from the dealership. 

I have a provisional collection date of the 3rd July this time, which sort of confirms that timescale

Despite being a regular thing a lot depends on your location wrt Bristol and car transporter schedules. I'm just an hour down the motorway, collecting from Lexus Swindon. I guess there will be a significant number of cars heading along the M4 to London..

26 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

From last time, it took approx 2 weeks after docking to being ready for collection from the dealership. 

I have a provisional collection date of the 3rd July this time, which sort of confirms that timescale

Despite being a regular thing a lot depends on your location wrt Bristol and car transporter schedules. I'm just an hour down the motorway, collecting from Lexus Swindon. I guess there will be a significant number of cars heading along the M4 to London..

Hmmmm, that does present a dilemma...or does it?

I've been offered a brand new Audi A6 S Line with technology pack (virtual cockpit etc.) within budget and for delivery within a few days, well in time for my holiday.

However, it's more %BIK on my company car tax, which makes approx £150 pm difference extra out of my pay each month, so not insignificant. I like the A6, it's a stunningly nice drive but I'm not prepared to pay £150 out my own pocket (effectively) for it.

I suppose it's better to go on holiday in a courtesy car (2019 CT180h with premium pack) than swap to the Audi and pay £150 per month more in tax just to get in it sooner!

3 minutes ago, Sloth said:

I suppose it's better to go on holiday in a courtesy car (2019 CT180h with premium pack) than swap to the Audi and pay £150 per month more in tax just to get in it sooner!

And something nice to look forward to on returning from your holiday! :wink3:

Actually when you look at it, the Lexus has tons more kit on it as well.

The Lexus (ES300h F Sport with 'Takumi' pack) has lots of stuff that the A6 doesn't have (unless I spec it up and pay way over my budget as well as making it a factory order) such as...

• Power sun screen out of back window
  • 360 deg area view camera (A6 has basic rear view camera)
  • Adaptive cruise control with lane departure (Basic cruise only)
  • Auto pilot assist
  • HUD
  • Power boot with foot gesture control
  • Upgraded sound system (A6 only has standard Audi system)
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Quick clear front screen (not sure if it's an element or if it uses warm air?)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sloth said:

Actually when you look at it, the Lexus has tons more kit on it as well.

The Lexus (ES300h F Sport with 'Takumi' pack) has lots of stuff that the A6 doesn't have (unless I spec it up and pay way over my budget as well as making it a factory order) such as...

• Power sun screen out of back window
  • 360 deg area view camera (A6 has basic rear view camera)
  • Adaptive cruise control with lane departure (Basic cruise only)
  • Auto pilot assist
  • HUD
  • Power boot with foot gesture control
  • Upgraded sound system (A6 only has standard Audi system)
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Quick clear front screen (not sure if it's an element or if it uses warm air?)

Actually I need to check a couple of those? i.e. the 360 camera and quick clear/heated screen, neither are mentioned in the brochure even with the Takumi pack?

20 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

The Toledo has docked!! :yahoo:

Lol... yes I was just about to post the same :toot::clapping::clap::cheers::Jumpy: 

Sadly for me though I go away to Cornwall for two weeks on Saturday the 29th of this month so I'm highly unlikely to get my new car in time for that, which would have been very nice :no:

Mind you, I always knew it would be touch and go so I didn't get my hopes up too much.