Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4 minutes ago, Malc said:

at least we can all rest assured that the climate change will be forever improved upon with all these wonderful 000's of demonstrators choking the streets in London running all electric cars now and in the future ......  guess they don't need air filters for their non-combustible engines :whistling1:

Malc

I'm non political and support as much as I can Friends of the Earth type stuff but would never demonstrate, stopping buses and DLR etc from transporting pax around in fug free transport

Interestingly I read an article last week written by a member of Greenpeace. The article suggested that the manufacturer of mobile devices, tablets etc contributes to global warming by as much as 30%. If someone believes passionately in a cause they need to make sacrifices.  I wonder how many of those protesting would never buy a new device, thus making their contribution to their cause.  Somehow I think we know the answer.  It's easy to demonstrate against something as long as we're not the ones that have to change.

12 hours ago, Comedian said:

Look up the power used by the internet.

too much ' power ' in all respects ...  wonder if it's as much a pollutant cause as the figure brandished about that cows chewing the cud and farting / breathing etc cause 40% of global warming :wink:

so we've already reached 70% in passive global warming ................  and the rest from humans breathing ( we could selectively remove some of these, Trumps, Kim Jongs etc ), coal burning, wood burning, gas cookers and heating ............  so that leaves us with almost zero I would estimate from our beautiful wonderful petrol cars :yahoo:

long live 4 litre gas guzzling Ls400s :whistling: ...  with of course the correct air filters to stop them being choked up from your mobile phone output

Malc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Malc said:

too much ' power ' in all respects ...  wonder if it's as much a pollutant cause as the figure brandished about that cows chewing the cud and farting / breathing etc cause 40% of global warming :wink:

Animal agriculture is highly polluting in many ways but also in the way forest is cleared to make grazing areas + water usage and the reduction in food energy density. A double/triple whammy. It is apparently 56 billion animals per year raised, abused, transported and slaughtered. No reason not to think that won't have an impact. 

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

56 billion animals per year raised, abused, transported and slaughtered.

and the death warrant on all those harmless carrots, onions, leeks, cabbages, turnips and the like .....  oh my, when will we ever learn ..  it's people that's the problem, for heavens sake just stop them all eating I guess ...  then there's nowt to worry about at all

Malc

3 hours ago, Malc said:

and the death warrant on all those harmless carrots, onions, leeks, cabbages, turnips and the like .....  oh my, when will we ever learn ..  it's people that's the problem, for heavens sake just stop them all eating I guess ...  then there's nowt to worry about at all

Malc

Nowt to worry about, except the next volcanic eruption against which all man-made pollutants pale into insignificance!

Malc
Genius.....so original too.

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

Can we stick to the subject of the post please keep the politics off the forum.
To be fair many topics relating to cars etc is heavily linked to politics. Speed, fines, emissions, regulations etc.

Going to be difficult to enforce a non politics rule. Is that in the terms?

52 minutes ago, Comedian said:

To be fair many topics relating to cars etc is heavily linked to politics. Speed, fines, emissions, regulations etc.

Going to be difficult to enforce a non politics rule. Is that in the terms?

Maybe we should vote on it, how about a LOC referendum!😀