Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is the GTR morning into the RCF

Bloody spellcheckers it should have read Morphing 

Just seen this photo of the new GTR and as soon as I saw it I thought I've seen that before somewhere or did I take too many hallucinogens in my youth.

GTR50th_05.jpg

5 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ...

Does that mean the RCF will get 4WD and a whole heap more beans?

I've test driven the Gtr when it first came out and thought dynamically it was superb, but when I looked at it, it just appeared to be a rather bling/bad looking Mustang although in black it did hide some of what I considered its ugliness. Fast forward to a couple of years ago with the later model Gtr again dynamically superb/sublime after a few tweaks from the launch model, still couldn't make myself buy one yet again. I know we all have different taste but I just can't bring myself to liking the look of it although this latest incarnation is better.

Pass the mushrooms - I do like them a lot. But image problem so I'd feel only a bit better getting out of this as out of a Mountune Fiesta ST with nurburgring sticker. 

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I drove a GTR around the Dunsfold circuit about 4 years ago. Not difficult to see how Clarkson yanked his neck out driving one, Just phenomenal! 

They are fabulous cars, a good friend of mine bought one of the very first UK cars, we both did trackways together and his Gtr always whooped my RX7 despite it have 400 BHP and quite light.

But at the end of a years track fun things got a bit expensive for him, due to it being quite a hefty beast he had to replace bushes, arms etc at a cost of over 3K and that was quite a while ago. My smug face was on when all I'd replaced was some front brake pads, of course it could have been worse if I hadn't had the engine re-built just before our year of fun.

The later facelift cars (with more BHP) are a real improvement over the older cars, you don't need a stereo because all the transmission sounds that come through the car. But again it's a car you can't relax in believe me I tried for the first half of the test drive and gave up and floored it.

http://s713.photobucket.com/user/DavidWiltshire/library/

• Like 1

Sorry cocked up in the post above, it was supposed to be of my RX7 on track but somehow all of the content was shown. Page 15 shows the car but not the Gtr as it was nearly always out of the picture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martin F said:

Shame, it looks like a nice one.

I do like RX7's but not sure I could be dealing with the supposed fragility of them. 

I was lucky as I had Re-Worx just down the road and Chris and Jeff were considered to be amongst the best rotary engine guys around. Engine re-builds were a fact of life, they were superb cars both on the road and track and mine was a really good example.