Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Opinions sought - F-Sport Takumi Pack

Mike246

I need to make a swift decision regarding the ES I have on order.

The Takumi Pack includes the 12.3 inch navigation, Mark Levinson sound system, uprated front lights and a few other bits and bobs.

Any views on whether this is worth having for £ 4,000 extra would be welcome? On a 42 month PCP (my calculations equate to) an additional £ 60 per month.

22 minutes ago, Mike246 said:

The Takumi Pack includes the 12.3 inch navigation, Mark Levinson sound system, uprated front lights and a few other bits and bobs.

Any views on whether this is worth having for £ 4,000 extra would be welcome? On a 42 month PCP (my calculations equate to) an additional £ 60 per month.

I would say it definitely is worth it. 

I wouldn't want a £40k+ car and looking at the screen thinking I should have gone for the bigger screen. It lifts the whole interior. The other bits are very good too. 

Rayann,

Yes, that's been my thinking to date however a non-Takumi F-Sport has come along and I need to decide. A further factor is that the Takumi pack hikes the Vehicle Tax up into the stealth band. 

Sometging to bear in mind.  It tips the vehicle over the £40k mark so it’s an extra £320 per year road tax.

My F sport has the pack, for me it’s worth it as I’m a bit of a Hi Fi geek so the ML system is a must.

powered boot, heated wheel And key card for access are nice touches as well

I too think it's worth it... but I'm not paying for it!

The adaptive lights are a huge improvement on the standard ones (in looks too!), the ML system is excellent, the bigger screen is worth having too.

Not sure how it would affect the residuals at the end of the 42 months...

I have ordered an ES300h F Sport with Takumi Pack in Graphite Black which is due for delivery late July.

In my opinion, the £4K Takumi Pack is worth paying the extra for as the original small screen looks lost on the dashboard, the ML sounds are a must, as I have an IS300h Advance currently without the options on a 16 plate and although the sounds on the stock stereo are ok, they are just ok, but not stunning.

The heated steering wheel is a nice touch, as it the sun blind in the back and to top it off, the lighting upgrade is a must as the stock lighting is pants in winter weather if other models are anything to go by.

The trade off I have at the moment going from the IS300h Advance to the ES300h F Sport with Takumi Pack is that I lose ventilated seats,but gain a sunroof and a bunch of other extras. The only way I can see getting ventilated seats in an ES300h, is to go for the ES Takumi, which is too rich for me.

Although the list price of the car tops the £40k bracket putting the tax up from the £10 a year I pay on the IS at present, the first year is already on the car, and even though I don’t really enjoy paying car tax, if you want the toys, you will need to pay the price.

Lastly, the front grille on the standard ES and Takumi is hideous with the vertical bars plus the standard and Takumi models do not give an option in the UK to the same spec as the F Sport with Takumi Pack. 

Definitely worth the extra per month especially if you plan to buy the car on the final payment of the PCP.

Well, I've asked the question and your responses are conclusive.

I'm not sure if it is worth the extra £4k or whether I would use the head-up display but that's the direction I'm taking.

So, if anyone wants an F-Sport non-Takumi in Mercury Grey with a red interior for immediate delivery, my local dealership has one up for grabs.

For me, the Takumi pack is worth it especially for the ML audio, 12.3" infortainment screen, heated steering wheel, power blind and HUD - i.e. all the things staring you in the face plus the benefit of the AHS triple lights.  I wouldn't wish to be looking at the smaller infotainment screen knowing I could have upgraded to the 12.3" plus all the other goodies.

20 hours ago, wynants said:

I would upgrade just for the head up display alone; once you are used to this feature you can't drive a car whiteout it anymore

£4k for a HUD, seems a bit extreme. Both my wife's and my car have HUDs - they are useful but I certainly could live without it.

On 4/17/2019 at 5:59 PM, Mike246 said:

I specifically had experience (.. short.. you can find below) with ES F-sport + Takumi Pack... I cannot imagine it could be worse then that.. Cheap plastic all over... it is awful.

I understand that ES Takumi non f-sport are little bit more decent with at least some material instead of plastic. Otherwise, IS Takumi is another option... I really don't understand why anyone would want to buy Toyota ES F-sport +takumi pack for £40k+... wait... did I say Toyota... yes actually that is about right. It is not worthy to have Lexus badge.

• Haha 1