Good evening all

I am looking to purchase a IS300 Hybrid, what kind of MPG can I expect - currently run an Audi A4, 2 litre TDI & returning an average of 38mpg, driving about 30 miles a day.

I know it won't have any reliability issues as it is after all a Lexus

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Hi Javed, welcome to the forum.

The MPG depends on a lot of things, you driving style, speed, distance, weather etc. but I think you will improve on 38 mpg.

Take a look at fuelly to see what others are getting, 

http://www.fuelly.com/car/lexus/is300h

Paul

• Like 1

I was lucky to get 36 overall from my 15 reg Advance, quite disappointed (in the mpg), really, as I’d previously had a couple of diesels, and expected the hybrid to not be far off, but it was a good 10mpg down, on similar, conservative driving.  OK, I only did 10k miles in it from new.....

BUT - at the end of the lease, I was told it would be collected on a date a couple of weeks ahead, so I visited a petrol station.  A couple of days later, the lease people phoned to say they’d brought the date forward.....

At that point, no longer bothered about mpg, I discovered Sport mode, and realised what a quick car it could be, but no 36 mpg, of course!

Having said all that, though, I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it had to go back when I retired.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 9:51 PM, Javed said:

Good evening all

I am looking to purchase a IS300 Hybrid, what kind of MPG can I expect - currently run an Audi A4, 2 litre TDI & returning an average of 38mpg, driving about 30 miles a day.

Thanks in advance

Hey bud,

What age is the is300h? I have a 2019 is300h and I get about 44.8mpg (since I got the car in March, 1650 miles so far) and it has been a big mix of long motorways journeys and short trips to the gym.

My mum has a 2014 IS300h premier and hers struggles to get to 40mpg (38,000miles on hers)

On 4/17/2019 at 9:51 PM, Javed said:

Good evening all

Thanks in advance

I owned a 2014 f sport and got low 40s generally. 

Recently I had a 2018 loan car which I drove for 1000 miles and that was much better on fuel into the low 50s so this would suggest the later cars have improved mpg. 

Newer models are slightly better. The F Sport is a few mpg below all the others due to the aerodynamic drag of the styling. The 18" wheels of the F Sport and Premier also affect mpg.