Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS300H

Javed

Good evening all

I am looking to purchase a IS300 Hybrid, what kind of MPG can I expect - currently run an Audi A4, 2 litre TDI & returning an average of 38mpg, driving about 30 miles a day.

I know it won't have any reliability issues as it is after all a Lexus

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

I was lucky to get 36 overall from my 15 reg Advance, quite disappointed (in the mpg), really, as I’d previously had a couple of diesels, and expected the hybrid to not be far off, but it was a good 10mpg down, on similar, conservative driving.  OK, I only did 10k miles in it from new.....

BUT - at the end of the lease, I was told it would be collected on a date a couple of weeks ahead, so I visited a petrol station.  A couple of days later, the lease people phoned to say they’d brought the date forward.....

At that point, no longer bothered about mpg, I discovered Sport mode, and realised what a quick car it could be, but no 36 mpg, of course!

Having said all that, though, I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it had to go back when I retired.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2019 at 9:51 PM, Javed said:

Good evening all

I am looking to purchase a IS300 Hybrid, what kind of MPG can I expect - currently run an Audi A4, 2 litre TDI & returning an average of 38mpg, driving about 30 miles a day.

Thanks in advance

Hey bud,

What age is the is300h? I have a 2019 is300h and I get about 44.8mpg (since I got the car in March, 1650 miles so far) and it has been a big mix of long motorways journeys and short trips to the gym.

My mum has a 2014 IS300h premier and hers struggles to get to 40mpg (38,000miles on hers)

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 9:51 PM, Javed said:

Good evening all

Thanks in advance

I owned a 2014 f sport and got low 40s generally. 

Recently I had a 2018 loan car which I drove for 1000 miles and that was much better on fuel into the low 50s so this would suggest the later cars have improved mpg. 

• 5 weeks later...

I've talked about this on other posts, but I can easily get between 50-55mpg (55mpg is in 15 degree + weather) combined mpg after using a full tank of petrol. The IS300h is a very fuel-efficient car if you master hybrid driving, and you can still have fun with the car driving it efficiently. Adjust your driving based on the following tips and your mpg will go up considerably.

- To maximise regen braking, when you know you're going to stop or slow, take your foot off the pedal as early as possible and brake very gently. You should be aiming to never engage the wheel brakes and always break/slow using regen braking to stop and slow the car. It'll take a few weeks to master, but once you make it habit, expect big fuel economy gains.

- Always use ECO mode around town, it'll ensure you stay on the Battery as much as possible due to the dulled throttle response. Also, around town and in ECO mode, be gentle on the throttle to ensure the engine doesn't kicks in.

- Use cruise control for 40+ speed roads (A roads and motorway) and stay at one speed as much as possible.

- Get up to speed quickly and cruise on the Battery at 40 below speed, by taking your foot off the pedal and easing back on it again to maintain speed on the Battery, it's called pulse and glide.

One should aim to try and have the Battery fully depleted when leaving urban areas. Following this advice, you will be on the Battery about 70% of the time in urban areas and you will be surprised at how fuel efficient the IS300h can be, it's a great car and the best Lexus IMO between fun and fuel economy.

AvgFuleEco3.jpg

AvgFuelEco2.jpg

AvgFuelEco1.jpg

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links