Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Plug identification in the boot lid?

Hi there, was having a look at the the boot lid today as was hoping to install a 3rd party camera, and came across a plug tied back. Looking at it I am wondering whether it is part of the oem camera connection. Potentially if I bought the reverse camera it may be plug and play? Will try and upload some pictures, once I have reduced the size some how.....

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

Can someone post a picture of there oem reverse camera position on the boot lid please. Would like to compare with parts found online.

Funny you should post this, I was having much the same thoughts..... searching eBay for 'lexus 86790-53010' shows a few OEM cameras second hand from around £25 upwards.

I can't quite tell from your pic, but is the connector just a single row of 5 contacts? All the ones on eBay that show the connector appear to have a squarish connector with 2 rows of contacts?

Di you notice that the standard plastic panel (where the number plate mounts) doesn't have the central cutout that the cars with nav and camera have (different part numbers)?

I use my Android phone with Waze in a dash mount and I think I've figured out how to automatically switch it to video display and back (my IS is a non nav poverty spec). I've just bought a cheapy camera to try with a USB OTG compatible video grabber (digitiser) that I already have.

Andrew

Hi thanks for the response. I believe the plug has two rows of 5, although I don't recall the 2nd row of contacts being used. If you have found a camera for 25 quid I might take a punt! [emoji3]. All the one's I've seen are about 400 quid! Which is a little steep if it doesn't work! Can't think what else the plug could be for if it's not part of the oem camera loom. My IS has the standard navigation, you are not missing anything, as mine is about 4 year's out of date! Google maps is much better.

Somewhere on these forums is a topic where someone bought a generic reversing camera from China for a tenner or less and you could get it either with or without the guide lines. His write-up also showed how to wire it in. I think it was an RX300 that the guy had so try a good search of the forum and you may find it.

Somewhere on these forums is a topic where someone bought a generic reversing camera from China for a tenner or less and you could get it either with or without the guide lines. His write-up also showed how to wire it in. I think it was an RX300 that the guy had so try a good search of the forum and you may find it.
Hi Herbie, thanks for the info, I found the post, was an interesting read. Although my situation is a little different. I currently don't have a standard camera fitted. So was wondering if the white plug I found is part of the oem camera loom, as would rather use that if possible. I suspect the cars are too new for people to have really played around with them. Doesn't seem to be a great deal of info about on the is300h...