Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Homebase Ultimate Workstation

Well I took my wife yesterday to Homebase to buy a small tin of outside paint. 

She has been talking recently about getting some more storage space in the garage for household items to free up cupboard space in the house. 

Well we encountered a very stylish garage Workstation unit with stainless finish drawers and cupboards.  Drawers run nicely and are all  lined in black foam. A nice wooden worktop finishes it off nicely. At £749 it's exceptionally good value compared to other tool units and is huge at 72 inches long. Sadly I have spent this afternoon moving everything to fit it in when it arrives on Monday 😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well it arrived today. Like all these things not without incident if I'm involved. Luckily 2 brilliant guys delivered it. First probletwhen unpacked was that the base was scrap as the forklift in the warehouse had crushed one lower corner beyond redemption. 

1 1/2 hours later new base arrived. Men had kindly fixed the wheels on to move it easily.

It is MEGA HEAVY. 

Having greased their palms with good old spondooliks, they agreed to help fit the top cupboards. 

WARNING THIS IS A 3 MAN Job. 

An hour of graft and job was a good un. 

Don't think that this is a click and collect item unless you have a wagon with a tail lift. 

It was assembled in my car port and only just squeezed through the height of the garage door. 

Fabulous quality for the price and looks great. 

• Like 5

On 4/20/2019 at 7:32 PM, olliesgrandad said:

Well I took my wife yesterday to Homebase to buy a small tin of outside paint. 

She has been talking recently about getting some more storage space in the garage for household items to free up cupboard space in the house. 

Well we encountered a very stylish garage Workstation unit with stainless finish drawers and cupboards.  Drawers run nicely and are all  lined in black foam. A nice wooden worktop finishes it off nicely. At £749 it's exceptionally good value compared to other tool units and is huge at 72 inches long. Sadly I have spent this afternoon moving everything to fit it in when it arrives on Monday 😂😂😂

You certainly know how to entertain a lady! 😂😁😂

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, doog442 said:

I stuck my old kitchen in the garage....similar result .

Is that a radiator in there ? ..fair play:wink3:

Yes that is a radiator. Keeps the chill off and the wife's pet Fiat nicely aired. 😎