Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

My Drivers Headrest is fully forward and hurting my neck how does it adjust Manual says just pull it back but mine wont move is there a secret button ?

TAI

Robert

Robert,

I have not tried the Mk4 450h but I found the Mk4 GS300h headrest so uncomfortable forcing my head forward that I had to remove it to drive the car. I tried an number of other models in the show room and experience the same problem. The salesperson seemed unable to understand this was a problem as it wasn't for him. He was however about 10" shorter which may explain it. I may be over average UK height but he was well under average.

Does the 450h headrest move automatically with seat height as it does in my 2007 model?

John

John

Yes the Headrest does protude forward and is giving me a stiff neck and it doesnt move automatcly like the mk 3 i had I have reclined the Back seat a bit and seems a little better now i will see how i get one

But i cant for the life of me get it to move yest the passenger one is back and not protruding forward

Next time i am in Sheffield i will get Lexus to have a Look

Robert

well still cant get it to move but have found out that the seat at about shoulder height bends there with switch on seat base that made the top half of seat move backwards and forwards and this was in fully forward position  on retracting that part  it as moved the angle of the top part of seat a lot better by moving it back so it looks and feels a lot better but still could not move headrest but passenger headrest is back but driver forward so they must move looks like a call to lexus but for now its acceptable

Thanks All

Robert

As you can see from the video, you need to use both hands and use quite a bit of force to allow the ratchet mechanism to move from the forward most position to the back.

You could always swap the driver and passenger headrests over, they look symmetrical.

If you have the Premier model with memory seats I think you will find that the fore and aft adjustment is electric: it's one of the many buttons on the seat itself.  The height adjustment is still manual, but the headrest itself is a different design to that in the manual and on the video.

41 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The three seat designs that I've seen don't have any electric adjustment for the head restraints.

220224116_ScreenShot2019-04-23at19_26_10.thumb.png.dd6df9954ec25b251fb1a588c58344f0.png

Maybe there is a fourth design?

Mine is type A, and button 5 moves the head restraint - it may also do something to the very top of the seat. The head restraint itself is quite different to the illustration a few pages later in the manual, and defies all attempts to adjust it directly.

5 is meant to adjust the top part of the seat back rather than the head restraint itself, which is what I believe Robert adjusted to make things slightly better.

Looking on some of the US forums, seems the premium seats don't have movable headrests, other than the butterfly design which allows the sides to come in.

I guess the seatbacks with an adjustable top don't get forward/backwards adjustable headrests, and the non-premium seats do.

Thats done it Colin and David

the top part moves and alters the angle of the headrest it articulates just below shoulders and its 100% better now before my head was touching the headrest all the time making me lean forward now its not touching and feels better.

I even had my son pulling the headrest and he said Dad this will break if i put more force on it my headrest doesnt look like the video its like a soft Cushion inside a box like structure was the same as my old GS300 anyway many thanks for taking time to point me in right direction its much appreciated

Robert

14 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

5 is meant to adjust the top part of the seat back rather than the head restraint itself, which is what I believe Robert adjusted to make things slightly better.

Looking on some of the US forums, seems the premium seats don't have movable headrests, other than the butterfly design which allows the sides to come in.

I guess the seatbacks with an adjustable top don't get forward/backwards adjustable headrests, and the non-premium seats do.

I have a premier and no matter how hard I try and pull them they don't move!

Just to clarify my headrest problem(if it is a Problem) after i adjusted the top part which i didnt know about i have now got a very comfortable seat I went up north yesterday and it was perfect got out of the car just as i got in. When I bought the car from Sidcup on the journey home i thought i had dropped a clanger I adjusted back rest lift front of seat all to no avail and by the time i got home my neck was very uncomfortable the three buttons 5 6 7 ithought was for lumbar adjustment so i tried to move headrestraint but to no avail then  i was sat at side of passenger seat and could see what button 5 did it altered angle of upper back rest which in turn altered angle of headrest so maybe thats how it is it is perfect now well as perfect as i can get it thank you all for your advice it is most appreciated

Robert

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KayCee said:

i was sat at side of passenger seat and could see what button 5 did it altered angle of upper back rest which in turn altered angle of headrest

I believe it is an active headrest which will move forward in an accident to prevent whiplash, and therefore you will see it move with different seat angles.