Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HPS Silcone Intake hose for the ISF up for grabs

Hi guys,

Just been cleaning out the garage and forgot I have a currently unused Black HPS intake hose for the ISF sat here gathering dust. It removes the stock resonator, provides more laminar airflow, improves induction noise and gives a more linear acceleration curve too. Claims about 5whp gains.

Photos of the actual item below.

it was on my car for under a thousand miles before I secured a second hand AFe Takeda Retain intake which is not compatible with the HPS. It’s been sat around since about September last year. It’s in perfect condition. Not a mark on it.

You can only get these from the states, cost me £131 plus £15 postage plus £24 import tax so about £180 all in. If anybody wants it I’ll do you a deal for way less than that. It’s  going on eBay anyway but thought I’d let the forum know.

DM me if you are interested 😎

55C56DE5-A892-4837-BA0A-B409D077B702.thumb.jpeg.6838f7ceabd53a55a452c2385b1b4352.jpegF317F135-BE16-4BEA-97E9-2948122352F4.thumb.jpeg.194acfcf91f60fbe990bbf6b46f49206.jpegFD92365F-C66A-4A35-969E-B4A463DBBA5E.thumb.jpeg.f007d4a35d9b822b48a4dcdea6c87819.jpeg

1 hour ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Oh you absolute arse...  I have literally just imported one a couple of weeks ago 😉

On a different note I am probably keeping my HPS and selling my Takeda 😉

Never!! 😩

Sorry mate.

On a side note, just read your post whilst taking a swig of tea and promptly snorted it down my nose in an actual LOL moment!!

Good skills 😂

• Like 1

@NothernDan On a serious note.  What makes you take the Takeda over the HPS setup.

I am caught in 2 minds.  I like the noise of the Takeda but have an issue with it supposedly losing power (even though I probably can't notice).  Currently have the HPS with Tom's drop in filter fitted.

i need to sell one as expensive bits of kit to have sat around.

decisions decisions 😞

1 hour ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

@NothernDan On a serious note.  What makes you take the Takeda over the HPS setup.

I am caught in 2 minds.  I like the noise of the Takeda but have an issue with it supposedly losing power (even though I probably can't notice).  Currently have the HPS with Tom's drop in filter fitted.

i need to sell one as expensive bits of kit to have sat around.

decisions decisions 😞

So, for me it is about noise.

We need to face facts that without a remap you are never really going to notice any extra power gains at the levels both the HPS and Takeda claim. They both claim about the same gains but they are minimal. 

The HPS definitely makes a deeper rumble over stock and also gives a much more linear acceleration pull but remember I also have the intake flap mod so mine is permanently open. Don't believe what others tell you, you still get the two stage noise with the flap mod but you just get it earlier. 

The Takeda just screams more at higher revs and that is better for me. Gives the same linear acceleration as the HPS just more noise into the bargain so it gets my vote for now. 

I'm building my own intake system which will require a map so my Takeda will be up for grabs later this year too. 

We need @Twellsie to pitch in on this. He is the induction engineer so knows his stuff.

My view is that, other than the RR racing tuned intake and the one I'm building myself, all of the induction kits are visual and noise improvements only so If that's what you are after you can take your pick. 

If you are after power gains, get your wallet out and go big or go home. The bigger the filter the better the noise and avaliable gains. At full tilt all of this heat soaking nonsense is largely irrelevant. 

• Like 1

in any induction setup what you are trying to create is laminar flow, for which their is three elements, viscosity, velocity and geometry, the two we can influence are velocity and geometry, the easiest to address over standard is geometry, the standard item has a resonator box which is there to tune the induction sound, it will however create turbulence, this sounds bad, but the diameter of the induction hose will have been specced to allow allow for this loss anyway, next point velocity, we can increase velocity by having a free'er flowing filter, again the standard system will have been specced for the total air requirement the engine needs, if the standard filter wasn't up to the job it would suck the inaction hose flat, which it doesn't.

so in summary you are not going to make any gains from an aftermarket induction setup, in modern day cars the induction setup is incredibly well thought out.

So why bother"upgrading" and I use the term upgrading loosely, as mentioned before there will be little to none performance benefits, but what you can gain is sound, which for me is what a big V8 is all about, when you look at any performance car they try to balance the sound of the exhaust with the sound of induction, I have a noisy exhaust, so I want a noisy induction, which is why I am developing my own induction setup, which will include a smooth radius silicon elbow like Dans

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Twellsie said:

in any induction setup what you are trying to create is laminar flow, for which their is three elements, viscosity, velocity and geometry, the two we can influence are velocity and geometry, the easiest to address over standard is geometry, the standard item has a resonator box which is there to tune the induction sound, it will however create turbulence, this sounds bad, but the diameter of the induction hose will have been specced to allow allow for this loss anyway, next point velocity, we can increase velocity by having a free'er flowing filter, again the standard system will have been specced for the total air requirement the engine needs, if the standard filter wasn't up to the job it would suck the inaction hose flat, which it doesn't.

so in summary you are not going to make any gains from an aftermarket induction setup, in modern day cars the induction setup is incredibly well thought out.

So why bother"upgrading" and I use the term upgrading loosely, as mentioned before there will be little to none performance benefits, but what you can gain is sound, which for me is what a big V8 is all about, when you look at any performance car they try to balance the sound of the exhaust with the sound of induction, I have a noisy exhaust, so I want a noisy induction, which is why I am developing my own induction setup, which will include a smooth radius silicon elbow like Dans

Big up the expert!! Cheers Obi Wan, we would be lost without you. 😎😎😎

6 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Cheers chaps....  so basically refit the Takeda, enjoy the noise & sell the HPS pipe and Toms drop in filter once @NothernDan has flogged his 😉

I do have a noisy exhaust as well which helps 🙂

Yep, mine is on “the bay” now so I’ll keep you posted!!

• Like 1

I can’t find it 😂😂.....I know nothing about the mods, all I do know is I had a cat back SS pipe fitted with resonator removal, is this any good for me? 😉

i still haven’t forgot about the front lip either 🙄

18 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

I can’t find it 😂😂.....I know nothing about the mods, all I do know is I had a cat back SS pipe fitted with resonator removal, is this any good for me? 😉

i still haven’t forgot about the front lip either 🙄

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F143224965158

it’ll make it sound better!! 😎😎

1 hour ago, NothernDan said:

Big up the expert!! Cheers Obi Wan, we would be lost without you. 😎😎😎

there may be other reasons why it may make sense to develop a billet MAF housing, which could accommodate alternative forms of additives.......

currently on v3.0 and pretty close

59 minutes ago, Twellsie said:

there may be other reasons why it may make sense to develop a billet MAF housing, which could accommodate alternative forms of additives.......

currently on v3.0 and pretty close

Nitrous!!!! 😎🔥😎🔥😎🔥😎🔥

5 hours ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

@NothernDan I will now place one of mine up for sale seeing as yours has sold 🙂

Either the Takeda intake or HPS Pipe with the Toms Filter...  Watch this space...  or ebay...  😉

Keep the Takeda man. Definitely more “scream” above 6,000rpm

• Like 1