Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2019 v1 Map Updates released

A quick check of the Lexus Tech website today shows that the new 2019 v1 maps have been released for the 10 inch premium nav system.  Click on 'Owner' then 'Map and software updates'

It is a 12GB download and will take over an hour to install on the car.

2019v1.thumb.png.219fc4685e6d7c0b29467844f61ebc3d.png

1 hour ago, sheri1 said:

Do these updates have to be paid for?  My NX is a 2018 Luxury model?

Check with your dealer because later NX such as your year comes with free updates for 3 yrs. mine does.  

The newer 10inch premium nav system comes with 3 years of map care included, meaning (I believe) the updates are free for the first 3 years.

I've updated mine myself (3 times since getting the car) - takes just over an hour.  A dealer may charge for their time?

Read the instructions carefully before you start.

Top tip: write down (or take a photo of) your Device ID code before you start. (Menu, Setup, Online, Lexus Online, Map Update Information)

9 hours ago, pobrown said:

The newer 10inch premium nav system comes with 3 years of map care included, meaning (I believe) the updates are free for the first 3 years.

I've updated mine myself (3 times since getting the car) - takes just over an hour.  A dealer may charge for their time?

Bolton Lexus have never charged me for doing it. (Twice now).

• Like 1

Finally got round to carrying out the update yesterday, and all went fine.  Took about an hour as suggested earlier, but relatively simple process.  I had confirmation from Lexus customer service that I have free map updates for 3 years, so all good.  This was not made clear to me by Lexus Newcastle when I bought the car, so a little disappointing on their part.

Anyway, thanks for the original post Phil.  Very useful.

• Like 1

Hi there,

Do you have any instrction to follow how to install it? I downloaded the file however I don't know how to place it on the flash drive.

Do I need to unpack it first? How the folders structure shall be seen on the drive?

Thanks.

There is a PDF file of instructions that you can downloaded from the same site that you got the files from. Click the ‘How to perform a map update’ as shown on the screenshot above.  

The instruction from Polish website is not usefull. It doesn't contain the information what I like. Would you be so kind to place it your instruction from UK website?

I can see that the file I have downloaded is in ZIP. Do I need to unpack it first to flash drive?

Lexus UK Twitter have told me there are no 3 Year Nav Updates but up-dates are available in My Lexus Portal.

Do I interpret this to mean that the Portal Up Date is free but Dealers will not necessarily do the download for you as such a cost is negligible to a Dealer.

Tel

I’ve never seen any software updates of any kind released through the current My Lexus part of the UK websites. Apart from access to user manuals and service history, there is nothing else there. 

The old portal used to have some software updates (I remember getting an update on my old IS300h) but never anything for the maps.  However that portal (for UK customers) was shut down a couple of years ago (see photo).

No idea what the UK Twitter team are referring to. I’ll keep getting my map updates from the tech website until my three years expires. 

962D83F8-EB75-4C4A-B74B-D484FA1EAB6F.jpeg

• Like 1

Phil,

Just to be clear an update is free from the Tech Website but not from the majority of Dealers who I assume have said update downloaded onto a USB for any Nav issues.?

Tel

The update is free via the tech website. No charge is made for any updates within three years and the instructions are pretty easy to follow if you have some computer knowledge.

Via a dealer is different.  Some have carried out the update for customers for free according to some posts I’ve seen. Other dealers don’t even know that the updates exist or that that they are available for three years. Others may do it and charge a nominal fee for the labour involved. I wouldn’t blame the dealers here either. My one gripe with Lexus and their in car entertainment/navigation systems is that head office is very bad (in my experience) at passing on info to dealers.   It feels sometimes that Lexus UK don’t know that the EU tech website and the EU Navigation update (for buying SD card and DVD updates) websites actually exist.  The confusion between the old portal and the new my Lexus website is another prime example.  The manual for my NX even states that updates can be downloaded from the My Lexus website (as you were told on Twitter) but there has never been anything there.

Separately but slightly related - I’ve found lots of bugs in the software on my NX and I doubt they will ever be fixed.  I’ve contacted Lexus UK a couple of times and nothing has been done.  (MP3 track playback in wrong order being my biggest annoyance).

A large company like Lexus/Toyota should be able to get these things right very easily but they always appear to create obstacles.  

For clarity - everything I’ve said here is unofficial and based on my own research and experiences. You may get a variety of different responses from Lexus GB.  I worry that if too many issues come about on this topic, they may remove public access to the tech website and then everything will have to go via a dealer.  As I work with computers for my job I am more than capable of carrying out simple software upgrades.  I leave the oily bits to the professionals!

3644770E-4069-4CC9-8037-871676C9C0AC.jpeg

• Like 2

Checked things out for my 2018 RX and found that an update is due to be released in a couple of month all for the princely sum of £165 for the download. 😂🤪😜. NFC used to mean the National Freight Corporation, but not any longer..

Ouch. I’ve not seen the 2018 RX nav system so I don’t know what software it runs. Reminds me of paying similar money for DVDs years ago on my IS250. 

I was told by my Wife's Toyota Dealer that Lexus were offering free updates before Xmas.

Clearly some Dealers do & many don't yet it is available on the Lexus Tech website whilst My Lexus have updates available @ cost.

Having paid c.45k for my Chelsea Tractor 6 weeks ago my Nav is up to date currently & I am determined to secure free updates till 2022.

Over 20 years with Lexus; their Customer Service has been excellent But never straightforward as,like any Organisation,the Customer is so dependent on the Contact & what he or she understands.

Escalation works wonders :eventually.

Tel

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just got around to updating my maps. Took just under an hour once I got all the codes sorted out. Some new roads that have been built near me are now on the maps, so all the better for that.

Thanks to Phil for the 'top tips' that made the process a lot easier.

• Like 1

I am interested in updating the maps for my recently acquired NX which currently has the 2018 versions. I have downloaded the 2019 maps from the Lexus-Tech.eu website and have perused the update instructions.

I would consider myself fairly proficient in the IT \ PC arena so should be able to perform the update with no issues. The instructions however make reference to acquiring a Request Code from "Techdoc" before starting the update in the car. Can anyone expand on this part please? Is Techdoc something that only the dealers have access to? How do I get the Request Code?

Any help gratefully accepted.

Techdoc refers to the Lexus-tech.eu site where you downloaded the files and instructions from. You need an activation code generating for your nav unit. You will need the device ID for this. The instructions should take you through this part (much easier with an iPad/laptop in the car!)