Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone else have problems with Halfords and the LOC discount?

rich1068

2 hours ago, Malc said:

I'm afraid it was and not the first time either, the old bulb wasn't a Japanese one ........  no longevity these days 😐

Malc

💡 Truly shocking! I just hope anyone planning to buy an LS400 doesn't read this poor report.😱😨

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 10:29 PM, The-Acre said:

💡 Truly shocking! I just hope anyone planning to buy an LS400 doesn't read this poor report.😱😨

What with this and my coin holder failing after 25 years I’m seriously considering selling mine before something more serious goes wrong like the tyres wearing out 😀

58 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

What with this and my coin holder failing after 25 years I’m seriously considering selling mine before something more serious goes wrong like the tyres wearing out 😀

I would sell it now, better safe than financially sorry.  Who knows how long it'll be before the wipers need replacing, or the radio needs retuning.

• 6 months later...

Used mine today at Halfords Colindale they repaired two windscreen chips, I bought a rear camera, and some cleaning stuff, it does add up.

Guy behind till scanned it gave me back and 15% came off the bill so saved about £25 with no hassle. He didn't question the card just took the discount off for me.

Very happy. The windscreen repairs were good as well, so not everything is bad at Halfords.

• Like 1

Hi I don't think Lexus owners are being discriminated against with the discount problems ;I don't have the LOC card as I am a member of the MX5 owners club who have a similar scheme ,feed back shows the same problem with a card or phone app ,in fact the club now puts a printed voucher in the club magazine which you can cut out and present at the till ,this seems to work .I think it all depends on who you get on the till like a lot of retail outlets .

Dave

Mine works I went for two windscreen repairs a sat navy rear camera and other bits got my discount fine. In fact when I went in pretty lackadaisical. When I showed them card they seemed to snap into full service mode, did a nice job on the chips no mess and polite (Colindale)  couldn't fault them. 

On 4/26/2019 at 7:39 PM, ColinBarber said:

Halfords are quite often cheaper than Amazon. For example I brought some Scratch X the other day in Halfords for £11.80, it is £12.99 from Amazon.

They were £ 5 cheaper than amazon on the rear camera and my discount on top. I like Halfords better than amazon as they pay tax! Our small car shop has become a smaller version of Euro car parts and now have virtually nothing like they had before (Shelves with odd bolts and shiny stuff) now like Halfords but more expensive and even a potty kid.

• 2 weeks later...

I used mine for the first time on Saturday (it had barely landed on my doormat). The girl serving me hadn't seen one before and had to get confirmation from her manager that it was ok. Fair enough I thought. I then had to tell her how much the 15% discount came to. Luckily it was only 15% of £11.60 for two lots of screenwash and some Rain X.... 

• Like 1

Halfords is the only shop I've found the card accepted (Lexus dealers in Kent all refuse to accept it) ... but in Halfords they do accept it, but for whatever reason their scanner doesn't know about it, so they apply a manual discount to the same amount.   If you buy car parts via their partner, often their prices are really good, especially for Pagid brakes (cheaper than most motor factors) ... 

18 minutes ago, jumbojake said:

Halfords is the only shop I've found the card accepted (Lexus dealers in Kent all refuse to accept it) ... but in Halfords they do accept it, but for whatever reason their scanner doesn't know about it, so they apply a manual discount to the same amount.   If you buy car parts via their partner, often their prices are really good, especially for Pagid brakes (cheaper than most motor factors) ... 

Lexus dealers would not accept Halfords card anyway or did you mean the membership card?

Unfortunately not all dealers participate. We do try.