Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Manual mode

Just browsing an American forum about driving the car in manual mode. Using the paddles is not a problem of course. What does bug me is that the console gear lever seems back to front when using the stick. When watching touring cars, they always go up the box by pulling the lever down, but in the ISF you have to push it forwards. 

The only time I really use the stick is pulling away at a roundabout when the wheel is turned and your fingers can't find the paddle.

The American forum suggests the wiring within the console can be swapped about to make the stick more logical. Anyone done it?

7 hours ago, PRT68 said:

The American forum suggests the wiring within the console can be swapped about to make the stick more logical. Anyone done it?

Don't have the IS-F wiring diagram to hand but it certainly looks as easy as just swapping over two wires within the connector on the GS F and IS300h so should be the same for the IS-F too.

Seems easy to get to the shifter:

It should be easy, but don't know how easy it is, to remove the wiring connector or remove/swap over the pins as I've never tried on the IS.

If the IS-F has the same wiring as the IS250 then on the shifter 8 pin connector there are two wires for pins 1 and 2, pink and violet, that need to be swapped over.

I’ve always used the paddles, I’ve a BMW tourer and I find it the wrong way round, I’ve always found the pushing in the direction makes more sense........hence my BM always dropping a gear when I want to go up a gear 😂😂