Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

Driving along a new stretch of super smooth motorway the other day at low speed due to traffic.  The car was rolling as if one or more wheels was oval, very bouncy and very un Lexuslike. Jacked each wheel in turn and checked wheel bearings and for running true, checked tyre pressures and wheel nuts but at a loss.  Any ideas from you gurus?

Regards

Mike

Last time I experienced something like that the inside of one of my tyre walls had been damaged - probably due to a speed hump. There was a clear bulge on the inside tyre wall where the structure of the tyre had been compromised and broken. The symptom was the wobbly ride exactly as you’ve just described, especially at low speed, so worth a quick check for that. 

• Thanks 1

Super smooth but not super flat.

It's highly likely there is nothing wrong with your car and it's the freshly laid road that isn't flat and is undulating.

M1 is like it around Nottingham.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quick update.  Both rear tyres had a few hundred miles left in them but I decided to change them now rather than risk forgetting later.  Fitted Bridgestones as that is what my Lexus dealer put on the front last year. Problem has now disappeared.  I would like to have had a close look at the old tyres but my wife took it to the tyre fitters so missed the chance.   Thanks for replies 👍👍

• Like 1

There was a branded make of tyre some years ago which was renowned for going oval shaped, it felt like you were driving the clown car at the circus.

Thanks for the update, good to hear it was just the tyres causing the problem.

With it being a Bank Holiday I’m going to look at the tracking problem on my shopping trolley later 😀

• Like 1