Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX economy

On 2/26/2021 at 5:57 PM, RiverG said:

Hi, I have just picked up my UX250h from the dealership after the first service. I have done only 3,500 miles in the year I have owned it from new and today I received the best info from a garage I have ever had. I have been getting an average of 42.5 to the gallon and this was mostly on wonderful French toll-roads. I have never got more than 45 to the gallon. I was very disappointed. Today the service manager told me the following: Use eco in town, use normal on ordinary roads and short stretches of dual carriageway but, and this is the really surprising and counter-intuitive advice, use Sport on the motorway! I zeroed the speedo and followed his advice for the 18 mile journey. To my absolute amazement, the economy when I reached home was 60.9 mpg. The motorway section was largely a 50 mph drag which I always do at 55; I can understand that this would give the best fuel economy but in eco mode, which I mistakenly believed would give the best consumption, I had been getting about 43 mpg. I am impatient to continue this experiment as I hardly believe it. Why don't we get easily accessible advice on driving techniques from Lexus when we pick up the car?

Hi Roger like others i was told to keep it in normal. However since you posted i have since been trying the Eco mode in town, normal on B road and sport on the motorway. I have to say i think i can see a distinct improvement or so the latest mpg reads on the head unit. I can see 49mpg previously my average would be around 36 to 39mpg. I was in the dealership yesterday and got speaking to the manager i mentioned what you had posted and i had tried and saw an improvement. he mentioned thati should see 50mpg. He actually went on to inform me of the sales team have the opportunity to drive all the lexus hybrids to be shown how it all works impressive listening but too long to explain here. Thanks for the post. Happy motoring. 

On 3/4/2021 at 2:11 PM, royoftherovers said:

Paul, do you remember or have you heard of The Mobil Economy Run ?

It was a game many of us played in our younger days, trying  to extract the maximum number of miles from one tank of fuel. I always chickened out when the fuel reserve light had been on for one week !

Haven’t played that one John. Years ago in company cars with a fuel card, we (computer engineers) used to play petrol station chicken. We’d wait until the fuel light came on and then we’d drive a bit more and then we’d ignore the next fuel station. And the next. And the next. Until we chickened out and filled up. It was always amazing how far you could go after the fuel light came on and after the car said zero miles range. Petrol cars of course.

• Like 1

I actually did that the other night on my scooter. I know the reserve on the T-Max is 3 litres, and I know that at 45mpg you get about 10 miles per litre. Given that I usually manage 50-55 I can say with some confidence how far I could go...but in the interests of not cooking the fuel pump I tend to bottle early and refill as soon as I can!

I believe the reserve on the UX250h is 6.4 litres, so 60 miles worth of reserve, at least with my 45-50mpg!

Nick

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 11:55 PM, ALAW said:

Hi Roger like others i was told to keep it in normal. However since you posted i have since been trying the Eco mode in town, normal on B road and sport on the motorway. I have to say i think i can see a distinct improvement or so the latest mpg reads on the head unit. I can see 49mpg previously my average would be around 36 to 39mpg. I was in the dealership yesterday and got speaking to the manager i mentioned what you had posted and i had tried and saw an improvement. he mentioned thati should see 50mpg. He actually went on to inform me of the sales team have the opportunity to drive all the lexus hybrids to be shown how it all works impressive listening but too long to explain here. Thanks for the post. Happy motoring. 

Be keen to hear a bit of what they said....

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links