Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Updating maps on satnav

Oh the lexus police are on the prowl.

Removed my comment. You probably don't work for lexus, dont know anyone who works for lexus. It's a bit pathetic but apparently somewhere you class yourselves as grown up.

Please delete this and me. Prove me wrong and leave it..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

Yes very strange. 

In general most GPS system providers (including the none car manufacturers) provide free updates. There has been debate about lexus asking for a fee to change out a micro sd or dvd disc with updated map data on. 

Imagine paying for every Iphone update because apple deemed it so. 

Lexus need to show their customers some loyalty not rip them off continuously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ianhu said:

Oh the lexus police are on the prowl.

Removed my comment. You probably don't work for lexus, dont know anyone who works for lexus. It's a bit pathetic but apparently somewhere you class yourselves as grown up.

Please delete this and me. Prove me wrong and leave it..

We don't allow the discussion of stealing copyrighted material on these forums.

If you wish to do so or feel the need to fill up at a petrol station and just drive off without paying then go ahead - just don't discuss on these forums.

We don't allow the discussion of stealing copyrighted material on these forums.
If you wish to do so or feel the need to fill up at a petrol station and just drive off without paying then go ahead - just don't discuss on these forums.
Lexus don't own the copyright. Look into it

• Like 1

£165 plus vat for an updated disk.....that’s a rip off.

That’s like paying £17.50 per litre for petrol, and at that price I would fill up and drive off

I don’t know where they get their prices from, it only gives more evidence that this will be my first and last Lexus

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Jayw13702 said:

£165 plus vat for an updated disk.....that’s a rip off.

That’s like paying £17.50 per litre for petrol, and at that price I would fill up and drive off

I don’t know where they get their prices from, it only gives more evidence that this will be my first and last Lexus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then don't buy it, no one is forcing you. Not sure why you have such as self entitled view that Lexus need to sell you one at a price you say so.

Then don't buy it, no one is forcing you. Not sure why you have such as self entitled view that Lexus need to sell you one at a price you say so.

Don’t worry at 165 plus vat I will not be buying from Lexus,

The “self entitled” view you speak of was the price quoted on their website based upon my part number in the SD card

Off to eBay for my maps I think

• Like 2

Lexus IS300h £40,000, satnav update £165

Garmin satnav £100,  map updates FREE for life.

Makes you think.

It’s that mentality of, take your money once and then keep taking it again and again.

I’ve dealt with Toyota for years and their customer service knocks Lexus’s into a cocked hat.

14 minutes ago, Martin F said:

Mazda, for the first 3 years

I suppose one could include Mercedes in that case but you've already paid for those updates in the initial price (and not insignificant depreciation)?

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 12:26 AM, NemesisUK said:

What car manufacturer gives free map updates?

Our Tesla doesn't just get free map updates, but free Spotify premium account AND free LTE/4G data access across Europe for the life of the car.

• Like 1

I find the Lexus Sat Nav so bad, any amount of updates would do little to improve it. It's my biggest let down with ownership of this car. However my £100 Tom Tom is far far better and I get free updates.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2019 at 12:26 AM, NemesisUK said:

What car manufacturer gives free map updates?

Toyota do for the first 3 years on higher end models, and so do Lexus now on some models - for example the NX with premium nav.

But I don't see the point, everybody complains about the system so why would you want to update it. Just use Waze, Google maps or apple maps on your phone for something that is much better and constantly being updated.

• Like 1

Must admit to finding the Lexus Nav system fine, not the most intuitive but functions perfectly well.

One curious thing I've noticed is how Lexus also classifies major dual carriageways (A419 and A303 for example) as motorways when one wishes to exclude motorways from the route guidance. 

• 7 months later...

I too am looking to update my maps on my IS300h Advance 2015 but am unsure whether it is the 13CY Gen8 or the 15CYGen9 that I should be looking for. How do I find out what I've got?

I won't be buying from Lexus at their "got you over a barrel" prices. I can do my own internet search to find an alternative provider.....

On 12/19/2019 at 8:49 AM, GarGri said:

I too am looking to update my maps on my IS300h Advance 2015 but am unsure whether it is the 13CY Gen8 or the 15CYGen9 that I should be looking for. How do I find out what I've got?

I won't be buying from Lexus at their "got you over a barrel" prices. I can do my own internet search to find an alternative provider.....

Have a look at this site Gareth, they are amazingly helpful people.https://toyotamaps.online/map-updates?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

Also have a read of this thread, it's not very long  

• 3 weeks later...