Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Draft in drivers foot well

In the last 2 months I have been experiencing a cold draft coming into the cabin at the driver’s side.  The draft is coming from underneath dashboard just where my left knee/shin is positioned.

The heater is still working and heat coming from under dash vent. This draft only is evident when car is moving and becomes stronger relative to speed.

All plastic under engine guards are secure and present, coolant level is at correct level.

Although heater working OK, this issue is spoiling the driving experience, especially on a long drive.

Has anyone had this issue or can suggest a solution; I have driven many cars and vans over the years and never experienced anything like this before.

Some time back I experienced something similar with my Passat.  Every time I went round a roundabout I felt a draught.  It drove me nuts.

Turned out the glove box has a fridge..  there's a nob that you turn in the glove box which allowes cold air from the Aircon straight into the glove box..

I've not a clue if the Lexus had the same kind of thing but it's worth a look.

Took me ages to find the draft.

9 hours ago, Shaunomercy said:

Some time back I experienced something similar with my Passat.  Every time I went round a roundabout I felt a draught.  It drove me nuts.

Turned out the glove box has a fridge..  there's a nob that you turn in the glove box which allowes cold air from the Aircon straight into the glove box..

I've not a clue if the Lexus had the same kind of thing but it's worth a look.

Took me ages to find the draft.

Thanks for reply, not aware of any facility like this in the IS250, however will check in glove box and manual. Have to agree with you, its diving me nuts.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links