Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LFA for sale at Lexus Stoke!

J Henderson

• 1 month later...

I was in the garage getting my LS600h serviced. It was there on Thursday last week but when I went back on Saturday am it had been sold. £475k. An amazing thing but is it really worth that?

Well if the engineering excellence isn’t enough to convince you then maybe the investment opportunity would be. 

New sales price was around £340k, so that’s some nice appreciation. 

7 hours ago, Martin F said:

Well if the engineering excellence isn’t enough to convince you then maybe the investment opportunity would be. 

New sales price was around £340k, so that’s some nice appreciation. 

Wow! That's amazing. 

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/3/2019 at 8:26 PM, jpjsavage said:

An amazing thing but is it really worth that?

This didn't age well, but the LFA price however... 😆

I look at importing one from Japan on the regular (gotta love a dreamer) and prices keep on bumping up. Funnily enough, one that sold for $495k is back on the same site up for sale again at $775k!!! 400km difference on the mileage.

27 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

This didn't age well, but the LFA price however... 😆

I look at importing one from Japan on the regular (gotta love a dreamer) and prices keep on bumping up. Funnily enough, one that sold for $495k is back on the same site up for sale again at $775k!!! 400km difference on the mileage.

I think the questions was more along the lines "is this as a car worth as much money", that it will increase in value as an investment, I don't think that is surprises. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Linas.P said:

I think the questions was more along the lines "is this as a car worth as much money", that it will increase in value as an investment, I don't think that is surprises. 

I was merely teasing, hard for it to come across in text on a screen.

But to be more sensible, at the time, no, the car was not worth the price tag. 😞

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

I was merely teasing, hard for it to come across in text on a screen.

But to be more sensible, at the time, no, the car was not worth the price tag. 😞

is it now ? with double the price? 😄 

I mean I whish I could have LFA, but with that price tag I just don't think it would be best $700k ever spent or even $400k ever spent. Putting that in perspective - one can get much newer similar mileage LC500, yes not V10, yes not as rare... but as a car to live with it probably is just as exciting (or 90% as exciting) and much more comparable and convenient and costs 10% of the price. I know the price is no longer the point with LFA and that is kind of sad - it became collector piece, where money exchanges hands for sake of it and actual ownership experience is no longer corelated with the price.

• Sad 1

I think most collector cars these days are ludicrously overpriced and 100% not worth their asking price, but if someone is willing to pay the money, then I can't really argue with that!

Yes with $700k there are several cars you could buy and enjoy with change left over, but....

If I could afford an LFA, I would daily drive the **** out of it 😆, rock up at all my local shops and wear the scruffiest clothes I owned, listening to death metal 🤷‍♂️ only live once and I would likely never financially recover from it, but what a ride it would be!

• Haha 2

If I could afford an LFA I would be scared stiff of getting banned (again) . Plus, the birds will crap on it in your driveway - I know- they did it to my car after a valet.

The only fun that I think I can possibly get away with nowadays is booting it from 0 - 70, and even then some plod in an unmarked Ford Anglia 1200 ( three bearing crank! Big ends gone in 12K miles )  might take exception to that.

There aren't many police about, but you just can't risk it. The problem is that the nice stretch of country road, clear of junctions and traffic, is just the place to give it some stick. Plod know this and are waiting behind the dustbins to catch you -  I know, they got me in France on a lovely clear stretch of dual carriageway. Mind you 150 mph is not exactly the done thing over there. Immediate ban and big fine thank you.