Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's time to say goodbye. 50k miles of wonderful motoring

I'm an irregular here, but the forum was invaluable when I purchased my 08 silver in the summer of 2012 (I think it was 2012!). 

It goes like stink. It's comfy. It eats motorway miles and makes me smile when the opportunity arises to open the second valve

I love when peteol heads come up and talk about it. They know it's rare. 

Aside from consumables like new front discs, and a minor misfire caused by a cracked plug and a dodgy air flow filter it's been utterly reliable.

It's on 92,000 miles now and was on 42k when I picked it up.  Full Lexus history. I got 11k in part exchange for a....Guila quadrifoglio.  I wonder if that will be as reliable!?!  

I'm waiting for the Alfa to arrive from Italy so still have the ISF.   

It has been a great car. SL58WNS will appear on auto trader soon enough I imagine.  Happy to tell any perspective owners about the time I had with it.  

Take care everyone

Dave

• Like 2

Sorry to see the isf going Dave but fair play on your replacement choice. The Alfa is a stunning looking car with the performance to match. Hope you won’t need the Alfa warranty too often! 

Please come back on and tell us your thoughts. If you see me around northern Kent give me a flash, would love to see and hear the Alfa in the flesh. 👍🏻

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lotusdave said:

You're more than welcome to come.e have a look.....

That sounds like a plan 👍🏻 Drop me a pm whenever Dave.

what colour did you go for?

many thanks, matt

Good luck, but I think it won’t be long till your back, knowing the trouble my cousin has with his alpha reliability and lack of quality

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It comes with five years warranty so at least for five years any issues aren't mine. It's also two years since launch with 750 sold in the UK alone so a decent chance or issues being identified already. 

But yeah it's more heart than head buying it over something not Italian!

It'll be interesting that's for sure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Enjoy the Alfa. Still needing 4 doors? The Alf’s looks great. Make sure you come back and tell us how you get on.

Yeah wanted another saloon.  I've still got my lotus too.  

To quote Clarkson 'Everyone should own an Alfa once in their life'. 

Having done it I must say that I have a soft spot for them. Had a Mito for about 10 months and 25000 miles. Very reliable little car. Guilia looks fabulous. Enjoy. 

1 hour ago, olliesgrandad said:

To quote Clarkson 'Everyone should own an Alfa once in their life'. 

Having done it I must say that I have a soft spot for them. Had a Mito for about 10 months and 25000 miles. Very reliable little car. Guilia looks fabulous. Enjoy. 

I've had that thought many times over the years as it happpens!

D

• 1 month later...

Nice cars, I did try one and an M4 before the RCF, main reason I didn't need/want a four door and I just had to have another N/A V8.

I've read a few reports from owners about wildly differing standards of servicing and check lights but it is a newly launched model so maybe to be expected.

• Thanks 1

All I can say is, wonderful, wonderful car. My Veloce goes like stink so i can only imagine what the QV does! I just pray you won’t have to interact with Alfa Customer Services on a regular basis, you get mixed results 🙃

My Alfa goes back soon, maybe very soon and I will miss my Giulia. Best handling car I’ve ever driven, best looking car I’ve ever owned and imho one of the most beautiful ever designs. I often look back over my shoulder for one last glance in the car park.

Even given my issues, would I have another...? If I had the money for a QV, in a heartbeat.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ISJason said:

Is this not a Lexus forum, not Alpha?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the F performance part of the Lexus forum, where we discuss the performance models. He's going from an ISF to something a lot faster. We can all appreciate the car he's getting, is a special one.

😜

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lovely colour for an Alfa, I think that would be my choice too. 

We should probably have a wee area for ex-F owners, there's a few about now, myself included. I think it would be interesting for ex owners to share feedback on the cars that replaced their F cars. Always fascinating to hear someone's thoughts when they've come from a familiar basepoint. 

• Thanks 1