Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine rumble

AdamBuz

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll record it when it next does it. It’s not doing it all the time. Oil level is good and had a Lexus service a few months ago. 

The noise is too low to record but I can feel it when I’m in the car. It seems to do it for a couple of days after I’ve filled up with petrol. 

Long shot, but if you fill it up to the brim it might be flooding the return system for fuel vapour. The associated canister might be taking a couple of days to dry out and cause a back pressure for the vapour in the interim.

Like I said, a long shot and not even relevant if you don't fill right up, but might just be the issue.

• Thanks 1

Mine does something like that when it has decided its going to charge up the traction Battery irrespective of whatever other duties i may be putting the internal combustion engine to. IE it does it whether static , moving slowly or travelling more quickly. The difference is,its more difficult to detect when travelling much quicker than 30 to 40.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links