Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX to be built in Canada

Will that be just for the North American market?

Would have thought Toyota would keep right-hand drive production in Japan, meaning UK cars would still be made in Japan.

5 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Why, because.......other RHD Toyota vehicles are built o/s of Japan ?

Because Japan is a RHD market so the production lines are already in place.

1 hour ago, DanD said:

1 hour ago, DanD said:

As is Australia, but production takes place in  U.S.

Up until this announcement only the RX and ES were produced outside Japan. The ES in Kentucky being the only American made Lexus.

That said Japan also assembles the RX and ES and of course the NX. So with the announcement that the NX will be assembled in Ontario, along with the RX I'm assuming only LH drive vehicles will be made there, the vast bulk of sales being LH drive, Kentucky plant is the largest Toyota/Lexus assembly plant in the world. Lexus sales in the US outstrip the ROW combined.

I'd imagine Japan will continue assembling the RH drive versions for the home market along with the UK, Australia etc...

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Up until this announcement only the RX and ES were produced outside Japan. The ES in Kentucky being the only American made Lexus.

That said Japan also assembles the RX and ES and of course the NX. So with the announcement that the NX will be assembled in Ontario, along with the RX I'm assuming only LH drive vehicles will be made there, the vast bulk of sales being LH drive, Kentucky plant is the largest Toyota/Lexus assembly plant in the world. Lexus sales in the US outstrip the ROW combined.

I'd imagine Japan will continue assembling the RH drive versions for the home market along with the UK, Australia etc...

All accepted Peter,but in my experience, imagining is fine, assuming, not so.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

All accepted Peter,but in my experience, imagining is fine, assuming, not so.

Indeed .. "Never ASSUME, because when you ASSUME, you make an ***** of U and ME." 

One thing I'm sure of and that is my new RC will be coming from "the land of the rising sun" and is being assembled in the Tahara plant as I type :thumbup: Can't wait ....

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Indeed .. "Never ASSUME, because when you ASSUME, you make an ***** of U and ME." 

One thing I'm sure of and that is my new RC will be coming from "the land of the rising sun" and is being assembled in the Tahara plant as I type :thumbup: Can't wait ....

I have been noticing that you are awaiting a new arrival.....a facelifted version of what you have I think.

The Mercedes Forum members heads remain buried in the sand and as a whole refuse to acknowledge that German quality and reliability is now a myth.

Please post a pic when it arrives.

My GS 450h remains at home, "chained" to a solar power cell until the end of June.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

The Mercedes Forum members heads remain buried in the sand and as a whole refuse to acknowledge that German quality and reliability is now a myth.

Well I will be "rubbing their noses in it" next weekend as I am attending the Benz on the Green meet, always a great turnout and fun to catch up with old faces :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Well I will be "rubbing their noses in it" next weekend as I am attending the Benz on the Green meet, always a great turnout and fun to catch up with old faces :thumbsup:

I bought my W210 (which was my Company Car) when I retired in July 2005. It had a FMBSH and 60k on the clock..

The first thing I did was to contact Ollie (who had not long set up PCS) and I took it to him for a full look over. He was then running a W210 petrol at the tim.

I booked some overnight B and B in Waterlooville and let him weave his magic.Jack had just joined him.

I came away with a satisfied mind and she is with me now in Spain having covered over 237,000 miles and showing no signs of the dreaded tin worm.She is losing some lacquer however from her Red coat.

Enjoy Ollie` show.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2019 at 12:20 PM, DanD said:

Toyota's production can normally cope with both in a single line.

If you visit the factory at Derby you will see any combination of RHD, LHD, hatch, estate, trim level and any colour all one after the other going down the line.

• Like 1

Of course the production lines in Japan will be producing both LHD and RHD as many models aren't produced anywhere else but there would be little point in the North American lines producing RHD models.