Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

E-Marking of Headlight Bulbs

i heard about this E-Mark.. Someone mentioned it to me in regards to windows on Imports

Good thing isthat I have the E-amrk on my windows which seems strange.

they get away with selling them under the discription " not for road use" or words to that effect.

There isnt a prob with using them in the UK they are not going to be checked by anyone - unless you have mega mega bright lights, plod might issue a "fix" ticket. but they are not going to start pulling ur bulbs out at the road side.

It says that the PIAA super plasma bulbs lamps are 55W but give 100W performance. I think I will risk it. I have looked round on the net and people seem to think that these have the closest look to HID. I think I will have to make do with these due to Lexus not supplying UK 200's with proper HID:mad::mad::mad:

Why does the UK never get a better deal than Europe or the US?:(:mad::(

the standard bulbs are 51w, so dont know much brighter the PIAA will be althought they are meant to be 'whiter' . i have some 70w fitted at the mo but i have seen much better light output on other cars so will be looking for some brighter ones shortly.

I ordered them from www.powerbulbs.com

They don't have an application list for the IS200 so I looked at early GS300

The bulbs you need are HB3 Main beam- HB4 Dipped

I ordered a full set but you don't have to,just dipped can be ordered if required

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links