Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus & Landcruiser Broken In To Last Night

Evista

Alarm went off on the Lexus at 3am this morning - woke me up, looked out the window and couldnt see anything so went back to sleep.

Went to go out this morning and found they had smashed the passenger door glass and stolen the mobile from the car kit. I know I shouldnt leave the phone on display but its a private driveway on a dead end next to the woods so no passing foot traffic

Thankfully the wife left her car unlocked (eh? :blink: ) so they didnt do any damage to her car but took the phone and cd player. If it had been locked, they would have just smashed her window in any case so i was better of with it unlocked.

funny thing is that they left the DVD player and headrest TV screens, her handbag and my golf clubs, so it could have been alot worse.

Just waiting for autpglass to come out with a replacement glass for the GS.

makes you wonder why we bother locking cars as its so weasy to get in and no one takes any notice of alarms nowadays. just need to rely on a mobilisor

Went to go out this morning and found they had smashed the passenger door glass and stolen the mobile from the car kit.

Thankfully the wife left her car unlocked (eh? :blink: ) so they didnt do any damage to her car but took the phone and cd player.

Sorry to hear it mate - it's a pain in the :tsktsk: when it happens...

But I think you were tenmpting fate leaving your mobiles in the car to be honest...

At least you won't do it next time....

Sorry to that mate, just a little tip do you have the IMEI (SERIAL NO OF YOUR MOBILE PHONE) this can be found on the box your phone came in. if you do, then contact your service provider and inform them that the phone has been stolen and they will disconnect the phone from the network. The phone is now totally dead. It doesn't take long to do and you can imagine the look on that :tsktsk: bags face when the phone he's just nicked is no good.

For all other members it's very easy to obtain your IMEI.

1 PHONE SWITCHED ON. PRESS THE FOLLOWING BUTTONS IN THIS ORDER

* # 0 6 # AND YOUR IMEI WILL APPEAR ON THE SCREEN.

Edited by ColinBarber

Sorry to here about your motor being broken into to nice.A few years ago i had my old MR2 broken into right out the front of my house on the drive,they smashed the drivers door window and nicked my radio.The worst thing about it was that i was working up at Kidderminster and had to drive up there at 6am for work in the middle of winter in the wind and rain.My next door neighbour saw the person run off with something under his coat(my radio) and go into the house just behind where i live,told the police all this and guess what they didnt even bother to come down to check it out.Yes i did fill like going round and asking for it back,but they would only say they knew nothing about it.Both my parents are retired and i was working away so i didnt want them having more trouble well i was away working.The family out the back of us were a rough lot so i would be out numbered if i was to tackle they about the radio.The police said they knew all about the family but unless anyone saw the car being broken into there was nothing they could do(think they were to busy stopping us honest motorists).That family(scum) has since moved away that ***.The amount of trouble the breakin to my car caused me didnt end there.I had to get autoglass to come out to the site at work to replace the window,guess what i had the window replaced and later on in the day went to me car to find the new was also broken dew to the fact it was badly fitted and shattered under pressure,so then i had more trouble cos the window firm didnt want to come out and fit another replacement without charging me again!.It just makes me think why bother having a nice motor.I was thinking of making a device with spikes that would launch up and stab um in the ***** when they sat in the seat in the car,but that would get me into trouble.So i know how you feel gutted and helpless.(sorry to go off on one,your post brought the feelings all back).I hope you dont have as much trouble as i had at least they didnt take the car.

It was kind of my fault leaving the phones in, its just after 6 years of doing so, you become comfortable about where you live. I dont get any netwirk coverage here so I never need to bring it inside, but will do from now.

Funny thingt was that despite saying that my car was a 99 and had a green tint, they still came out with a 95 GS window in bronze. They couldnt get one until today so I had a GS mk 1 glass in the car with the last 2" covered over in gaffa tape, where its a little shorter.

• 4 months later...

My Carina was broken into in 2000. Parked up outside my parents' house at gone midnight, left a box of modems, a PC and my laptop on the back seat (not easily spotted, not when you've got limo black tint on the glass) ready for work in the morning.

3am, alarm goes off. Back door glass through, back seat empty. Cops retrieved most of the stuff (all the works stuff) but no laptop. Also heard nothing about the £1,500 compensation claim I put to them. Funny that, considering they raided a place and got most of the gear back, so they must've charged someone!

Likely to have been mates of a heroin junkie scumbag living two streets down. Still, he's dead now so that's some consolation, I suppose.

told the police all this and guess what they didnt even bother to come down to check it out.

What are you complaining for! You get your bins emptied don't you.

Isn't that worth the 80% increase since Labour came to power? It saves you a prison sentence when you get a shotgun and shoot the vermin in the back (more than they deserve).