Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

urgent help, auto closing windows and sun roof

Hello everybody,

My RX300 2001 runs great, 18 yrs in the family. Unfortunately I replaced the Battery a week ago and the auto close function, the one that closes automatically all windows and sun roof the you close the car with the remote, is not working anymore. I tried to re program all windows and all works perfectly, but the auto close function not.

I checked the auto open function using the key at driver door, does not work either. 

So I guess has been disconnected while changing the Battery.

Anybody knows how to reactivate? After 18 yrs enjoying this feature now I really miss it!

Thanks to everybody,

There is a sequence you have to go through to reset all the windows and the sunroof although the sunroof one can be a bit of a pita.For the windows you have to set each one at the door switch by lowering them half way then pulling up on the switch till the window closes hold the switch for  about 3 secs ,on mine you can here the motor click out you have to do this on each door individually.If one door does is not set then tha auto open close does not work so its worth checking that they all one touch auto open from the main switch on the drivers door. If the sunroof is not reset the windows should stil auto open from the remote.As far as I know there is no resetting for the remote necessary. 

I hope that you find a solution and post just incase lol.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2019 at 7:17 AM, fernandolpa said:

Thanks for the replies, I will reset windows again, to see if it fits.

Did it work?

With the windows, press and hold the down button until the window stops at the bottom, but keep holding the switch for a couple of seconds after it hits the bottom. Then lift and hold the switch to lift the window and keep holding the switch for a couple of seconds after the window hits the top. Repeat for each window.

Now the sunroof. Pull and hold the switch back to open the sunroof and keep holding it for a couple of seconds after it hits the back position. The push and hold the switch forward to close the sunroof and hold it for a couple of seconds after it closes. The sunroof should be reset. The tilt switch shouldn't need reesetting.

If you get any nasty noises like slipping cogs, release the switch immediately and sort the cause of the noise.

• Like 3

• 4 years later...

My sunroof and moonroof switches have went crazy.  the slider opens also the tilt once it's brought back to close, so it continues to open the tilt.

The tilt switch continues and when closed it opens the slider as well.

Any ideas ?  The switches are bad, or is it the motor shorting out?  How do I diagnose?

appreciate to hear if anyone has experience with this.  I just bought the vehicle with low miles in the past summer.

41 minutes ago, BIG6 said:

My sunroof and moonroof switches have went crazy.  the slider opens also the tilt once it's brought back to close, so it continues to open the tilt.

The tilt switch continues and when closed it opens the slider as well.

Any ideas ?  The switches are bad, or is it the motor shorting out?  How do I diagnose?

appreciate to hear if anyone has experience with this.  I just bought the vehicle with low miles in the past summer.

Have you tried the fix above? Windows first then moonroof?

This happened to me back in the day.

When it decided to close, I immediately switched off the engine.

I reckon it was a faulty switch and decided I would rather have the sunroof always closed than open randomly, so my solution was to take out the relevant fuse.

Success.

On 9/28/2023 at 6:03 PM, Spacewagon52 said:

Have you tried the fix above? Windows first then moonroof?

Yes, I did. No change.

Also the key remote stopped moving the sunroof at all.

this makes me think the problem is possible beyond the switch itself, so I don't know what to do.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 12:40 PM, DavidCM said:

Try a new battery in the remote key.

That's not it because all keys it's the same.  Plus they still roll down the windows on the fob.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if you've managed to solve this, but just incase you haven't.

I have to do this often as my wife leaves this can sitting for months at a time, and this causes the batter to die.

To reset the door windows. From closed, use the switch on each door.

Run them to fully open and keep the switch pressed for a second, then run the window to fully closed.

To reset the sunroof is similar.

Using the 'tilt' switch, press and hold it untill the sunroof runs back and forward through a cycle. You will have to hold the switch for approx 20 seconds before this starts. Sorry but I can't remember if it's the front or rear of the switch you keep pressed.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links