fernandolpa

urgent help, auto closing windows and sun roof

Hello everybody,

My RX300 2001 runs great, 18 yrs in the family. Unfortunately I replaced the Battery a week ago and the auto close function, the one that closes automatically all windows and sun roof the you close the car with the remote, is not working anymore. I tried to re program all windows and all works perfectly, but the auto close function not.

I checked the auto open function using the key at driver door, does not work either. 

So I guess has been disconnected while changing the Battery.

Anybody knows how to reactivate? After 18 yrs enjoying this feature now I really miss it!

Thanks to everybody,

I assume the auto 'one-touch' open and close is working correctly from the switches?

• Like 1

There is a sequence you have to go through to reset all the windows and the sunroof although the sunroof one can be a bit of a pita.For the windows you have to set each one at the door switch by lowering them half way then pulling up on the switch till the window closes hold the switch for  about 3 secs ,on mine you can here the motor click out you have to do this on each door individually.If one door does is not set then tha auto open close does not work so its worth checking that they all one touch auto open from the main switch on the drivers door. If the sunroof is not reset the windows should stil auto open from the remote.As far as I know there is no resetting for the remote necessary. 

I hope that you find a solution and post just incase lol.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies, I will reset windows again, to see if it fits.

On 5/2/2019 at 7:17 AM, fernandolpa said:

Thanks for the replies, I will reset windows again, to see if it fits.

Did it work?

With the windows, press and hold the down button until the window stops at the bottom, but keep holding the switch for a couple of seconds after it hits the bottom. Then lift and hold the switch to lift the window and keep holding the switch for a couple of seconds after the window hits the top. Repeat for each window.

Now the sunroof. Pull and hold the switch back to open the sunroof and keep holding it for a couple of seconds after it hits the back position. The push and hold the switch forward to close the sunroof and hold it for a couple of seconds after it closes. The sunroof should be reset. The tilt switch shouldn't need reesetting.

If you get any nasty noises like slipping cogs, release the switch immediately and sort the cause of the noise.

• Like 2