Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ES Fsport - first 1000 Miles

My E90 had a ventilation timer thing. And it was a basic enough spec...
Never bothered to use it as I thought the risk of a flat battery not worth it.
Mine had an additional Battery dedicated to this auxiliary heater.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, DanD said:

Mine had an additional battery dedicated to this auxiliary heater.

I'm embarrassed not to have looked under the hood more. Or was it in the rear wheel arch near the main Battery?

I'm embarrassed not to have looked under the hood more. Or was it in the rear wheel arch near the main battery?
Now you're testing me! I seem to remember that it was ahead of the rear wheel arch on the drivers side, bearing in mind that this wasa large 7 seater. You to make a noise similar to a large fan.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 9:27 PM, fetchez la vache said:

Audio - the ML setup is fantastic, I’m a self confessed hifi geek and feeding Lossless Tidal hifi into the ML system sounds incredible.  I’m going to play about with master quality files to really stretch its legs.  The quietness of the cabin also helps the audio playback.

I stream all my music from apple Music and I’m happy with it in my NX and on my B&W Zeppelin.  Would Tidal Master be noticeably better in the ES over apple?  It’s a serious question and I’m not trying to be funny or clever.  I pay around £15 per month for my 6 family and friends membership but would consider Tidal if I thought it was going to sound amazing.  I think there’s a trial free period.  James, have you tried Tidal Master yet in the ES?

Cheers

Habu

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2019 at 11:29 PM, Habu said:

I stream all my music from Apple Music and I’m happy with it in my NX and on my B&W Zeppelin.  Would Tidal Master be noticeably better in the ES over Apple?  It’s a serious question and I’m not trying to be funny or clever.  I pay around £15 per month for my 6 family and friends membership but would consider Tidal if I thought it was going to sound amazing.  I think there’s a trial free period.  James, have you tried Tidal Master yet in the ES?

Cheers

Habu

I have been using ITunes for years through different cars I’ve had, it played with no issues even on the IS300h Advance I had before I got the ES. The difference between ITunes and Tidal in the ES on the ML system is significant. Play a track on itunes and then play the same track on Tidal in either Hifi or Master format and you will be impressed. Live music is excellent on the ML via Tidal in Master.

Week 1 - Fuel Performance.

50 miles - 32.6 mpg mixed driving in all modes. 1st Tanks of Fuel

142 miles - 40.7 mpg A roads and Motorways - Normal Mode. 1st Tank of Fuel.

202 miles - 37.5 mpg A roads and Motorway - Sport + Mode. 1st Tank of Fuel.

412 miles - 43.3 mpg Motorways - Adaptive Cruise - 60 - 70 mph - Normal Mode. 1st Tank of Fuel.

624 miles - 45.9 mpg Motorways - Adaptive Cruise - 60 - 70 mph - Normal Mode. 2nd Tank of Fuel - filled up at quarter of a tank.

Cannot complain at the moment.

E3B8FED2-64DF-4361-83A7-E817FE1D7E32.jpeg

Evening Chap, are you not tempted to use ECO mode.  I believe that it is the only mode which enables the AGC system to operate.

typically fuel economy improves a little as the engine runs in, previous hybrids I have owned needed up to 10k miles to fully loosen up

5 minutes ago, fetchez la vache said:

Evening Chap, are you not tempted to use ECO mode.  I believe that it is the only mode which enables the AGC system to operate.

typically fuel economy improves a little as the engine runs in, previous hybrids I have owned needed up to 10k miles to fully loosen up

Hi, I am still playing at the moment, I have a couple of long distance trips in October and November, I may try it out on a run down to Plymouth. I did notice today coming back from Leeds that in ECO Mode, EV Mode kicks in when coasting at 60mph.

18 hours ago, wynants said:

came back today from the Austrian German border ( 780 km ) mostly autobahn, 3 people + luggage , average speed 125 km/h average consumption 5.4 liter/100 km 

Average speed is not the greatest considering German roads on the way, but consumption is really nice.

How much does it burn at the max speed ?