Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prices announced for new RC-F range

hmmm

The Lexus press release, from which AutoExpress have just done a copy & paste, states the final drive ratio has changed. However the factory engineering information states this is only for the South Korean market, the enhanced 0-62 mph time is due to launch control. The Korean one has 0-62 in 4.2s standard and 4.0s for Track Edition.

Be cool having the carbon wing on the non track edition rcf. Will reduce weight from the auto spoiler and add some nice aggression to the car. I just can’t be doing with carbon ceramics on a toy mainly road going car. 

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

Be cool having the carbon wing on the non track edition rcf. Will reduce weight from the auto spoiler and add some nice aggression to the car. I just can’t be doing with carbon ceramics on a toy mainly road going car. 

There's also a problem with carbon ceramics for track cars. I had them on my Porsche and they were brilliant for the track, you could brake harder and later and unlike all of my track days never boiled my brakes. But the really big drawback is that if you go into the kitty litter and who doesn't you can ruin them by getting a stone chip.

Most of the hardened trackday guys i met who had Porsches with them as standard take them off and replace them with steels. I once had a go at a Porsche garage where my friend was buying a Cayman, when the salesman said do you want the optional carbon ceramics in case you go on track? I said to the salesman have you ever done a track day, anyway I put him right in no uncertain terms. You have to be a driving God to appreciate the lesser unsprung weight advantage. Rant over.

• Like 1

The one big thing going for carbon ceramics is there is no brake dust so you can have fancy difficult to clean wheels. Also when you wash your car be very careful, I live on a hill and I washed the car and came out my drive went down the hill braked at the bottom and nothing much happened, I actually landed up about two feet into the main road, fortunately it's fairly quiet where I live so no accident occurred. Didn't do that again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1