Anyone ever had a better fuel consumption for their RCF? 😃

A6531445-C674-4CEE-BDF7-DBBA6F6DC59C.jpeg

I’d be ashamed of anything over 16 mpg and rapidly seek counselling 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cezar B said:

I guess if you were doing a long run to get that, what does it say for your average though? mine was 22 but has gone down to 20 since fitting the new exhaust. It's not the exhaust but the driver hooning around slightly higher up the rev band.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

I guess if you were doing a long run to get that, what does it say for your average though? mine was 22 but has gone down to 20 since fitting the new exhaust. It's not the exhaust but the driver hooning around slightly higher up the rev band.

Crumbs. If I had a red RCF, I think I’d be keeping a low profile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I managed 34.7 in my ISF once on a 117 mile run down to London.

I left it in cruise control at speed limits and it did the rest.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Not a long run, mate. I’ve just reseted it once I’ve started my new job in Thame. That’s what I get on my daily commute 😃

I've managed around the 35mpg mark on a journey from down Hampshire to Stoke on Trent, I attribute it to cruise control and an abundance of 50mph average speed zones.... as I do not have a light right foot!

• Like 1

I’ve done 11,500 miles in 11.5 months (I know spooky!) and averaged 20.1mpg. Which equates to about 570gallons of fuel, which is  2,165 litres. Or about £2,500 on petrol.

Bargain. 

• Haha 1

Sorry. Google got it wrong that as US gallons. Imperial gallons to litres is 2,600. So about £3,000 on petrol. It could have been double that and would still be a bargain. 

• Haha 2

On 5/3/2019 at 8:17 PM, Cezar B said:

Not a long run, mate. I’ve just reseted it once I’ve started my new job in Thame. That’s what I get on my daily commute 😃

Must be a pretty steady run though?

Mine is 7 miles of country lanes each way, result...20.5 MPG average over 12 months. Its the 1/2 mile queued in traffic at the end that hurts though, especially without stop start. Really quite economical cars for the power imho I had a V6 S5 that was barely any better.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 5:08 AM, Cezar B said:

Enfield to Stansted...60mph all the way there🤐

20190426_154355.jpg

8 hours ago, C.B said:

Must be a pretty steady run though?

Not a very steady run... the road is going up and down all the time, hills and valleys, large forests.. 25ish miles one way..

5 hours ago, N88RPT said:

Enfield to Stansted...60mph all the way there🤐

20190426_154355.jpg

Good one, mate... autopilot does wonders 

Thanks @Cezar B that's another reason to justify my future step up to an RCF. I have seen 30 mpg and 12 mpg on my ISF and stopped looking after that as 12 was closer to the norm. My man maths however equates this to a high 20's average which covers conversation within earshot of the wife.

• Haha 2