Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New RC-F or second hand LC500 (V8)

All 'F' owners are justifiably passionate about their cars, but as the second hand value of the LC500 (V8) is becoming comparable to that of a new RC-F, which would you choose between the two and why?

1 hour ago, DanD said:

All 'F' owners are justifiably passionate about their cars, but as the second hand value of the LC500 (V8) is becoming comparable to that of a new RC-F, which would you choose between the two and why?

LC500

Looks better (subjective)

Sounds better

Performance - splitting hairs

Edit: I’ve driven several LC500’s

I think I'd have to try one first, I like the look of the car but don't like the wheels and of course it would have to be the V8. 

Just to add on principle I don't buy new cars due to loosing so much money, much better to buy nearly new with anything apart from vans of course.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

All lc wheels are pretty horrible. 

Yep agreed, and that is a shame for what really is a stunning looking car. Also some of the interior colours are a bit :sick: IMO.

For me it would probably be an RCF because it is actually an F-car and I suspect an LC-F will come at some point, as rumoured. 

However the other day I saw pics of this kitted LC which I think looks great, just accentuates that little bit more. 

https://www.bcforged-na.com/project/richards-lexus-lc500-21-hcs21s/

Not sure I would have chosen those wheels myself but is easily changed.

Those wheels without the bolt things on blue. Wheels massively alter a cars appearance and sadly the lc options are not to my taste at all. 

I felt the same about the rcf until I saw them coloured all black. 

5 hours ago, DanD said:

If the running costs suit your pocket then a used LC500 would be my choice as I'm sure if you didn't you'd always wonder....

When young I had the choice of a basic Golf GTI mk 1 or the new to be launched Astra GTE. Because of cost I ordered the Astra and then the dealer failed to deliver as promised. Cancelled and was fortunate enough to land the extremely rare run out Golf GTI Campaign model ( only 1000 cars imported and mine was Lllahsa Green arguably the best colour).. The ultimate Mk1 Golf GTI which today are fetching silly money and being faked.

Sometimes the heart has to rule.

LC with wheel upgrade for sure. 

Interior finish in the LC is world's ahead and I prefer the overall look of the outside too. 

Get a set of TE37SLs on there and you're good to go. 

LC500...I think...but the kids would complain as the rear seats are ridiculously compromised...but they’re not paying, so F*** ‘em. 

I think it’s just a more arresting looking car. Don’t get me wrong, my car gets looks - lots of them. But an LC500 in the wild, makes every other car look ludicrously crude - like a concept car has somehow escaped.  

• Like 2

I think these suit the car better. One, because as far as I can tell the discs don't seem to be that big on the LC500. So putting an open design wheel just highlights smaller discs and looks wrong in my opinion. But these cover that up.

forgiato-lc500-tec3-3-1.jpg

lexus-lc500-spira-2.jpg

I'd pick the LC, because when i was in the market for a car last year the RCF was in the shortlist but ultimately a GSF won over simply because i liked the sharper design lines of the car and better interior and the LC has this in abundance.

10 hours ago, liambart said:

Hanging on for a used LC500F in a few years. 😍

An LC-F would definitely be the car that would pull me back.

• Like 2