Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Badges? We dont need no stinking badges.... and seat woes..

Quoting a line from the films "Treasure of the Sierra Madre/Blazing Saddles" is one way of starting a post I suppose 🙂 anyway I took a notion I would like to have Black badges on my (Silver) car. So, a quick look around the interwebs and I spotted "Black Pearl" emblems for sale. I was quite excited until I saw the price 😲  Average just under $300 including shipping. Really? ***** Turpin wore a mask you know....

So - has anyone found any cheaper or would it be just as handy for me to take my own off and wrap/paint them? 

Also - So far I have found and replaced my inner arch, am awaiting a wheel cap to be delivered and sailed through the MOT with the exception of being told to replace my instrument cluster with one that has MPH and KPH on it. Slight judder still in the brakes that I will get looked at over the next few days and so far to date since buying the car last year I have just under 4000 miles done in absolute luxury and quiet (apart from when I turn up the sound system) 🙂  just still having the issue of a not so comfortable seat cushion that I am having difficulty getting fixed because of the vented/heated options (at least locally anyway) I don't suppose anyone knows of anyone in Ireland that can sort that out or maybe operates an exchange program were they could send me out a seat and I return mine? (clutching at straws there but if you don't ask) 

When I bought my LS430 one of the metal brackets underneath had snapped - It had been previously welded but that had failed too - I then bought a used seat and swapped the parts over - the tried to sell the seat but had no luck so after 3 years sitting in the garage I reluctantly scrapped it.

I would try and source a used seat in good condition - I bought mine then from Dewsbury auto salvage

• Like 1

In this case from what I can gather the cushion has basically just "flattened out" over time - I am sort of thinking its a common enough problem that one from a scrappy might be just as bad if not worse and the only issue is over here in Ireland there are not to many LS430's let alone scrapped ones 😕 I tried a few "fixes" such as a cover (that was about 2 inches short) and a small cushion but both of those moved around and of course blocked the vents. Still, I shall keep looking 🙂

Brian hi, I have the same problem on my 2012 GS which has only done 40k miles! I created a thread about it:

I am thinking to buy foam and change it myself, as it is very annoying to have cooled/heated seats and use a cushion!

My point exactly - the seats still work so I would like to keep the option - however none of my local upholstery places will even look at it let along try and fix it and its too complicated for me to tackle not to mention the car is my daily driver so I can't really take it off the road for very long either - its looking like a lump of breathable foam in a breathable seat coloured fabric might be my only option 

also on badges these appeared by magic (just lurking out of sight) well, I like them so that's all that matters really 

DSC_7417.jpg

It may well be worth looking at a passenger seat as the squabs may be interchangeable and just unbolt from the frame.