Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GSF EBC Brake Pads

EBC list front pads DP21867 as compatible for the GSF as well as others, anyone used these or have any other recommendations for pads? Seeing the other threads am definitely not getting Lexus to do them for such a ridiculous price!

Never been comfortable with second-guessing the engineers regarding braking systems.

Unless I was tracking the car, or had significantly increased performance I would stick with OE pads. Cost is part of ownership...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Thanks for the tip, might take a plunge on the Red or Yellow then! There is mention of replacement sensor wires... any ideas if it is a 'must' to replace them as well?

I have tracked my ISF on yellowstuff pads and cannot speak highly enough of them.

About to track it next month on Ferodo DS2500's (to be fitted next week) I will make a comparison after that.

12 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

There is mention of replacement sensor wires... any ideas if it is a 'must' to replace them as well?

The sensor wire is a loop of wire that goes against the pad. When the pad wears down the wires is also worn away, becomes open circuit, and triggers the warning light. If your pads are worn to the point of illuminating the warning light then the sensor is damaged and needs to be replaced.

If you are replacing pads early then the existing sensors can be reused - this is providing a different design isn't required because of different pad manufacturer - which I doubt as they would just use the OEM pads as a design template.

Or you can just forget about the sensor wires and short out the circuit at the connector and waterproof to stop the warning light coming on.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

£393 to £491 depending on the dealer. LexusPartsDirect quoted the £393.

In all honesty these cars cost b*gger all to maintain properly so I don't think I'd bother going elsewhere. I admit that some aftermarket parts are better than originals and some are better suited to specific tasks but for everyday road use I'll stick to OEM.

Try running a V12 twin turbo AMG they eat front pads and discs too, I was quoted £2800 from Brooklands Mercedes for them that was the proper AMG items.

• Like 1

Makes sense, thanks for the info. Last MOT quoted me having around 4mm of pad left, so I'm safe with the sensor if I replace soon, which I intend to do. Probs gonna give EBC a bash and see how it turns out.. what could possible go wrong haha!

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

The sensor wire is a loop of wire that goes against the pad. When the pad wears down the wires is also worn away, becomes open circuit, and triggers the warning light. If your pads are worn to the point of illuminating the warning light then the sensor is damaged and needs to be replaced.

If you are replacing pads early then the existing sensors can be reused - this is providing a different design isn't required because of different pad manufacturer - which I doubt as they would just use the OEM pads as a design template.

Or you can just forget about the sensor wires and short out the circuit at the connector and waterproof to stop the warning light coming on.

see my above post, forgot to quote you! 😄

2 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Makes sense, thanks for the info. Last MOT quoted me having around 4mm of pad left, so I'm safe with the sensor if I replace soon, which I intend to do. Probs gonna give EBC a bash and see how it turns out.. what could possible go wrong haha!

How many miles have you recorded on them?

I've just done a bit of searching on the USA based forum and it appears Nengun distribute Endless MX72 pads for both the RCF and GSF. There are some mixed reports but it looks like very little brake dust. They are a bout £200+

i have these available with a set of yellow stuff pads they were for an isf  dont know if there the same as gsf 

Brake Disc Ø: 345mm, Perforated / Vented, Coated brembo

• BREMBO 09.A301.11 Brake Disc Rear Axle, Ø: 345mm, Perforated / Vented, Coated original quality
  • BREMBO 8020584018422 Brake Disc Rear Axle, Ø: 345mm, Perforated / Vented, Coated rating

brembo Brake Disc COATED DISC LINE
Parts Details
Article №: 09.A301.11 Manufacturer: brembo
  • Diameter [mm]:345

• Brake Disc Type:Perforated / Vented

• Centering Diameter [mm]:62

• Number of Holes:5

• Brake Disc Thickness [mm]:28
  • Surface:Coated

• Minimum thickness [mm]:26

• Height [mm]:61.6
  • Tightening Torque [Nm]:103
  • Machining:High-carbon
OE Numbers
Proceed to comparison by OEM number

31 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Personally 16k, but the car has done just shy of 30k in total

Thanks good to know, reading through some of the threads on the USA forum it would appear that the pad material is so hard it's the discs that wear and created the dust. I'm no expert so don't know how factual this is

Just now, B1RMA said:

Thanks good to know, reading through some of the threads on the USA forum it would appear that the pad material is so hard it's the discs that wear and created the dust. I'm no expert so don't know how factual this is

Car goes up in the air tomorrow for the wheels off clean, so I can inspect the discs better. Might take some pics if I find anything of interest.

8 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Car goes up in the air tomorrow for the wheels off clean, so I can inspect the discs better. Might take some pics if I find anything of interest.

If you have a micrometer handy It'll be interesting to see what thickness remains on the discs. I did have some figures of the original thickness listed on the USA website somewhere.

Just now, B1RMA said:

If you have a micrometer handy It'll be interesting to see what thickness remains on the discs. I did have some figures of the original thickness listed on the USA website somewhere.

Don't have one, but I know a few local people that might, it would be interesting to see the thickness change!

Here are the figures hopefully someone who knows about these things can confirm if this is correct. I did take it straight from the USA forum.

Front brake pads Standard Thickness: 9.75 mm (0.384 in.)

Minimum Thickness: 1.0 mm (0.0394 in.)

Front rotors Standard Thickness: 34.0 mm (1.339 in.)

Minimum Thickness: 31.0 mm (1.220 in.)

Rear brake pads Standard Thickness: 11.68 mm (0.460 in.)

Minimum Thickness: 1.0 mm (0.0394 in.)

Rear rotors Standard Thickness: 28.0 mm (1.102 in.)

Minimum Thickness: 26.0 mm (1.024 in.)

12 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

^ those are correct. Minimum for pads is 1mm, discs are 31mm front and 26mm back - this is actually stamped on the rotor.

211188610_ScreenShot2019-05-05at20_23_27.png.eb29596380bffde12571a97b13bb5f75.png

435027725_ScreenShot2019-05-05at20_24_35.png.c68aab3747c092628cf387ef4779fa50.png

I also read that if you run the pads too low you need to replace the sender which I guess makes sense if they are damaged by the disc.

2 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

I also read that if you run the pads too low you need to replace the sender which I guess makes sense if they are damaged by the disc.

Yes that is how they work. You wear away the wire, breaking the circuit and illuminating the warning light.

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

Yes that is how they work. You wear away the wire, breaking the circuit and illuminating the warning light.

Got it now, you did state this earlier and I din't take that in, got there in the end.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links