Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


Recommended Posts

HI all, I think it would be good to have a thread like that but time will tell.

You can put in here anything that you have done to your Lexus, a repair, maintenance, washed or polished it or a modification.

This thread for all Lexus, not just for specific model, it is not so many of us to have one for GS or IS etc.

So why not start one here? It'll be interesting to see what you guys get up to with your cars! Might give me some ideas on what to do too as mine is still completely stock.

Let's go!

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shes on the road again. One bonnet all ready the correct colour.£100 labour £100 Bonnet catch £20. He has worked on her before and said he always enjoys working on an LS as they are so well screwed to

On the 12 March, we went over to Scotland (from Holland) to spend a couple of weeks with friends and family. On the 19th I received a text from the ferry company saying 'The last ferry from Newcastle

Yesterday, I sat on the Bench in the front garden facing South for 30 minutes and recharged my vitamin D levels, whilst ; * the Lexus recharged itself....on ...and...off....and....on and......

Posted Images

I will go first: 

On Friday I checked the air filter if needs changing, computer pre set says it is good for another year and like 12k miles but based on a condition of it I will be changing it soon, my service is due in 2-3 weeks.

Also, last week I took apart my rear brakes, unfortunately I did not take any pictures, cleaned them as they were quite rusty, lubricated them and not I am happy that pins were looked after, just piece of mind.

Last Friday I did the same with front brakes, so happy chappy! I was really surprised how easy it was to remove front discs and pads, just 2 bolts to remove the caliper which also frees the disc, nice and easy!

After that I washed the car but was very annoyed to see yellow dust on it straight after, I was hoping that storm from Sahara has passed but obviously not! And then a short rain started! Grrr!

In old times you had to kill a goat or a virgin and pray a lot to get rain not all you need to do just wash a car! 🙂 

 

20190503_152623.jpg

20190503_152629.jpg

20190503_152646.jpg

20190503_154802.jpg

20190503_161837.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Good idea Vlad.It is common on other Forums too.

Today I did nothing to my Lexus.

I guess this thread won't be as popular as on BMW forum where much higher number of owners and even higher amount of things to do on the car! 🙂

But still, now I know how to change front discs and pads, may be someone will need this info in a future and I might help or answer a question or 2. 

For example, I was thinking if I can swap spark plugs, did anyone do that on 450h hybrid? I have read somewhere on this forum that it is a pain in a neck to do but if I do not need any special tooling I might give it a go!

Or, as you know I have problems with the driver seat, Lexus quoted £430 for new base foam and labour, I am thinking to buy the foam and may be change it myself, did anyone removed the seat and put it apart to get all the way to the foam?

Anyway, have a good day everyone!

Vlad

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have recently replaced all my rear suspension arms with genuine parts and my rear hub bushes, ARB bushes, steering rack bushes and changed the diff oil on my 1998 ls400. Also did the strut rods and new tyres and a full alignment. It's transformed the handling. Much more stable and corners better with less roll. Still stock but refreshed. The rear end was pretty shot. It's my daily so needs to be safe and ride well. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I fitted DRL's to mine last week, annoyingly the camera on my phone doesn't show how bright they are but they work well. About 90mins to fit.

 

 

IMG_20190501_102403283_HDR.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vlady said:

In old times you had to kill a goat or a virgin and pray a lot to get rain not all you need to do just wash a car! 🙂 

 

 

Vlad in old times before he bought a lexus

Wicker-Man-film-still-2.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Have you tried a local upholsterer for your seat Vlad ?

I have, paid £100 and no much difference, the guy said he did all he could and I felt the little difference but compared to the passenger seat mine is still has a long way to go!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matt1986 said:

It's my daily so needs to be safe and ride well. 

That is one comfy limo for daily drive! Well done! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, genius149 said:

Vlad in old times before he bought a lexus

Wicker-Man-film-still-2.jpg

I have much less hair though! lol! 🙂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

These appeared 🙂 As I mentioned in another thread I like them so that's all that matters really 🙂

 

DSC_7417.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BMCWP said:

These appeared 🙂 As I mentioned in another thread I like them so that's all that matters really 🙂

 

DSC_7417.jpg

Brian,this is good,well done for posting it! This is all what this thread is about - you have done it to your car and you like it! This is all that matters!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Vlady said:

I guess this thread won't be as popular as on BMW forum where much higher number of owners and even higher amount of things to do on the car! 🙂

But still, now I know how to change front discs and pads, may be someone will need this info in a future and I might help or answer a question or 2. 

For example, I was thinking if I can swap spark plugs, did anyone do that on 450h hybrid? I have read somewhere on this forum that it is a pain in a neck to do but if I do not need any special tooling I might give it a go!

Or, as you know I have problems with the driver seat, Lexus quoted £430 for new base foam and labour, I am thinking to buy the foam and may be change it myself, did anyone removed the seat and put it apart to get all the way to the foam?

Anyway, have a good day everyone!

Vlad

It may well be worth looking at a passenger seat as the squabs may be interchangeable and just unbolt from the frame. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I also washed it today, did the final rinse with water butt water to avoid hard water marks and removed the original Japanese breakdown flare just in case it got picked up at the Eurotunnel in two weeks time as we begin our drive to Austria. Oh yes, I also polished the headlight plastic so now they sparkle!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 8:30 PM, 39buss said:

It may well be worth looking at a passenger seat as the squabs may be interchangeable and just unbolt from the frame. 

In which case swap them over??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi John, I got the idea, I need to remove my seat 1st and see if I can do that without braking anything and only than consider how to fix it. Someone told me that Lexus leather is glued to the foam so it is not easy to remove it of the seat, not sure, only one way to find out! 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not as much of what I did today to Lexus but was thinking that when I did by breaks (rear/front) I have not seen any cables for brake pads wear! Does Lexus not do that?

Also, I watched the video on youtube how the guy is changing spark plugs on his Lexus RX450h, well, I think I will postpone this job as a lot of stuff needs to be removed and disconnected before you get to spark plugs!!! 🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought this today at Lexus Glasgow, £142.67 for all (7ltr of oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter and sump washer). Did I over paid?

I have never seen an oil being such a grade 0W-20! 

 

20190507_100654.jpg

20190507_100708.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

These happened 🙂 £11 on eBay and also the first set of cheap door lights that actually fit perfectly as well - I will say they are not quite as bright as I thought they would be but they do the job just fine 

door.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BMCWP said:

These happened 🙂 £11 on eBay and also the first set of cheap door lights that actually fit perfectly as well - I will say they are not quite as bright as I thought they would be but they do the job just fine 

door.jpg

Ooh, the link for these please, must have!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Ooh, the link for these please, must have!

They are the only non-standard thing on my car, and get more comments than anything else!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...