Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

filled mine up with petrol ......................  and the Honda too ......  and a new Varta Battery on the Honda  ....  just spent the best part of £250 in total .....  glad it's only money eh !

Malc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had bought rubber mates from carmats4u.com and received them yesterday, this is third time I am getting mats from them, very good quality. I should buy these when I got the car to save carpet mats. Driver side front mat is getting a little worn and with wet weather these rubber ones are very appropriate.

Also, due to lockdown I drive more with full family onboard and they are not particularly respectful to the car, which drive me nuts and which I tell them about every time! 

On 10/30/2020 at 9:01 AM, ambermarine said:

Got a spare one here they just thread  into the holder you have pm me with your address and I will send it at postage cost.

Just a quick shoutout to @ambermarine who sent me a few bulbs in the post (as dealers no longer stock this part) and now I have a working door open light, happy days 🙂

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

My wife is using my car today as hers in a garage (repair work), she left the house and 10 minutes later phoned me saying that she has a flat front tyre. I got there and swapped it with the spare wheel (thanks Lexus for that!) and after quick check I couldn't see any nails or screws. My wife said she never hit a pothole too!

Funny thing is, last year, roughly at same time I hit the pothole in Glasgow and punctured my tyre, the same tyre as is flat now! New tyre cost £150 but I hope I can fix the old one, still need to do investigation on whats wrong with it!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Vlady said:

My wife is using my car today as hers in a garage (repair work), she left the house and 10 minutes later phoned me saying that she has a flat front tyre. I got there and swapped it with the spare wheel (thanks Lexus for that!) and after quick check I couldn't see any nails or screws. My wife said she never hit a pothole too!

Funny thing is, last year, roughly at same time I hit the pothole in Glasgow and punctured my tyre, the same tyre as is flat now! New tyre cost £150 but I hope I can fix the old one, still need to do investigation on whats wrong with it!

Sorry to read that Vlad. You were brilliant changing wheels in the dark morning light. I have trouble,just thinking about it.Hope you get get a good and cost effective repair done.

Just now, royoftherovers said:

Sorry to read that Vlad. You were brilliant changing wheels in the dark morning light. I have trouble,just thinking about it.Hope you get get a good and cost effective repair done.

Thanks John, it is not a problem to change the wheel for me, I am grateful for having a spare wheel!

All morning I was looking for the same tyre and not having much luck to find it as it is GEN 2 (Good Year Vector 4 seasons) and plenty on sale GEN 3! I would like to have identical tyres on the same axel. 

Also, when I bought a tyre last year, I also bought a Tyre Insurance so I emailed them as well to see if I can get out of them anything!

Busy morning I have!

Forgot to say, the tyre has a side cut so can't be repaired! 😞

Just now, Vlady said:

Thanks John, it is not a problem to change the wheel for me, I am grateful for having a spare wheel!

All morning I was looking for the same tyre and not having much luck to find it as it is GEN 2 (Good Year Vector 4 seasons) and plenty on sale GEN 3! I would like to have identical tyres on the same axel. 

Also, when I bought a tyre last year, I also bought a Tyre Insurance so I emailed them as well to see if I can get out of them anything!

Busy morning I have!

Forgot to say, the tyre has a side cut so can't be repaired! 😞

Hope it all turns out well for you Vlad.

I`ll keep you on  a retainer and you can change any of my future punctures! :):)

• Like 1

Just now, royoftherovers said:

Hope it all turns out well for you Vlad.

I`ll keep you on  a retainer and you can change any of my future punctures! :):)

John, no problems, any time! I can do now front brakes maintenance in well under an hour! So I Am good at removing wheels! lol!

Ordered a new tyre, £158.10! The problem is, it comes from Germany and apparently borders with Europe are closed now so no idea when I will get it! 😞

I have plan B, I still got summer tyres (2 tyres) so might fit one of them temporarily and pray there is no snow coming my way! 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, Vlady said:

John, no problems, any time! I can do now front brakes maintenance in well under an hour! So I Am good at removing wheels! lol!

Ordered a new tyre, £158.10! The problem is, it comes from Germany and apparently borders with Europe are closed now so no idea when I will get it! 😞

I have plan B, I still got summer tyres (2 tyres) so might fit one of them temporarily and pray there is no snow coming my way! 🙂

Have as good a Christmas and New Year as possible Vlad. Stay safe and keep well.

• Like 2

I put new LED bulbs in my front sidelights to see if they are bright enough to use as drls.  I think they probably are.

Also rebooted the Vline as it wasn't responding to the touchscreen.  Tried to connect Hybrid Assistant to my obd dongle and failed.  Strange, as Torque Pro talks to it ok from the Vline.

Adjusted the headlights in the fog last night.  By far the easiest way to see where everything is pointing.

Checked tyre pressures on the new CrossClimates (which I love).  Great grip on French country roads/tracks (and probably ok on roads and tracks everywhere else as well!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Have as good a Christmas and New Year as possible Vlad. Stay safe and keep well.

John and everyone else, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malc said:

have you tried Oponeo on-line for your tyre ?

Malc

Hi Malc, I have but I am not happy with OPONEO, they have great price but every time I order from them I have issues:

1. I ordered a few years back a tyre for my VW Passat and they sent a wrong size, took me many hours and days to get a right size. They do not return money until they receive their goods back and even then I had to place another order!

2. I ordered a tyre for my BMW a few years ago and they sent my tyre (correct this time) and another tyre was attached to it! Weird!

3. About 3-4 weeks ago I ordered a set of alloy wheels to put winter tyres on for my wife's BMW, online it was said that these wheels are available, a few days later the guy called me saying they have none in stock and suggested to go for more expensive wheels which I did. A week later I received 2 boxes with 3-off alloy wheels not 4! Phoned them and they started an investigation with courier company (took a lot of emails and photos of the boxes arrived), OPONEO claim they sent 4 alloy wheels, that was about 2 weeks ago! I still have no 4th alloy and to top it all up the wheels do not fit the car even though all the data says they should but they don't! Again, I contacted OPONEO and they needed proof so I had to take wheel off and take photos to show them, again, a few emails and lots of wasted time. Then they wanted me to pay for a return, £15 a wheel! after a few email again they agreed that their fault and they will pay for postage! They organised DPD to get the wheels picked up today but guess what - DPD arrived and found out that wheels need to be sent to Poland and from yesterday borders are closed and they have no storage facilities so he can't pick them up from me!

I contacted OPONEO again so they organise another currier and they said they can't do it as they have a contract with DPD! Basically, I am stack with 3 allow wheels that don't fit my car, no money to order something else as they won't return my money until they have the goods and even if I order something else from them I won't get it as borders are closed! Great! I wasted more than a month thanks to OPONEO! I pray there is no snow this season!

The tyre I ordered for Lexus is from tyres-guru.co.uk these guys are great, same price as OPONEO but I might not get the tyre in a few days due to closed borders! Hate that BREXIT situation! I can't believe people voted for it!

Just now, Vlady said:

Hi Malc, I have but I am not happy with OPONEO, they have great price but every time I order from them I have issues:

1. I ordered a few years back a tyre for my VW Passat and they sent a wrong size, took me many hours and days to get a right size. They do not return money until they receive their goods back and even then I had to place another order!

2. I ordered a tyre for my BMW a few years ago and they sent my tyre (correct this time) and another tyre was attached to it! Weird!

3. About 3-4 weeks ago I ordered a set of alloy wheels to put winter tyres on for my wife's BMW, online it was said that these wheels are available, a few days later the guy called me saying they have none in stock and suggested to go for more expensive wheels which I did. A week later I received 2 boxes with 3-off alloy wheels not 4! Phoned them and they started an investigation with courier company (took a lot of emails and photos of the boxes arrived), OPONEO claim they sent 4 alloy wheels, that was about 2 weeks ago! I still have no 4th alloy and to top it all up the wheels do not fit the car even though all the data says they should but they don't! Again, I contacted OPONEO and they needed proof so I had to take wheel off and take photos to show them, again, a few emails and lots of wasted time. Then they wanted me to pay for a return, £15 a wheel! after a few email again they agreed that their fault and they will pay for postage! They organised DPD to get the wheels picked up today but guess what - DPD arrived and found out that wheels need to be sent to Poland and from yesterday borders are closed and they have no storage facilities so he can't pick them up from me!

I contacted OPONEO again so they organise another currier and they said they can't do it as they have a contract with DPD! Basically, I am stack with 3 allow wheels that don't fit my car, no money to order something else as they won't return my money until they have the goods and even if I order something else from them I won't get it as borders are closed! Great! I wasted more than a month thanks to OPONEO! I pray there is no snow this season!

The tyre I ordered for Lexus is from tyres-guru.co.uk these guys are great, same price as OPONEO but I might not get the tyre in a few days due to closed borders! Hate that BREXIT situation! I can't believe people voted for it!

A terrible state of affairs Vlad--I for one would not even consider them after reading that.

Brexit is not the reason international Borders are closed Vlad and you did not know it but you have at least one virtual friend on this Forum who did vote for Brexit and you have offered to buy him coffee and  a fish and chips luncheon  and an ice cream pudding when he is next in  Largs !!.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

so sorry to hear about your troubles with Oponeo

When I ordered tyres they were at a great price and delivered to their / and my local fitter, worked out well I'm pleased to report

Please don't blame Brexit for all these woes with cross border hold-ups ..........  I think it's covid issues but I'm just waiting for the Calais port workers to just go on-strike over whatever too :unsure:

Lucky here in the UK that we only import 10% of our HGV hauled stuff via Calais eh !

Don't know what all the fuss is about Dover / Calais  ..............  just avoid the places maybe  ........  there's loadsa capacity elsewhere in the UK it seems

I must admit I relish the prospect of Cornish lobster, scallops, crabs etc being available at better prices in England when the export markets to Parisians to eat just " dry up "

yummy :thumbsup:

Malc

• Haha 1

Hi today I got the 250 convertible M O T ,d no problems at all again ,nearly 10 years old and never even had an advisory.I am fussy and look after it myself and I don't have Technician on my overalls .Due to the current fiasco only done 2000 miles this time. I am not going to get involved with Brexit arguments but I won't say no to some nice cheap lamb for a change, if the French don't want it I certainly do .My good news is I am a real old timer and I have just received the call for my covid jab on the 30th Dec .  May I wish everyone on the forum a happy Christmas and a much better 2021. Stay safe

Dave

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, true blue said:

Hi today I got the 250 convertible M O T ,d no problems at all again ,nearly 10 years old and never even had an advisory.I am fussy and look after it myself and I don't have Technician on my overalls .Due to the current fiasco only done 2000 miles this time. I am not going to get involved with Brexit arguments but I won't say no to some nice cheap lamb for a change, if the French don't want it I certainly do .My good news is I am a real old timer and I have just received the call for my covid jab on the 30th Dec .  May I wish everyone on the forum a happy Christmas and a much better 2021. Stay safe

Dave

Thanks Dave.Anice report with a nice message.

It`s good to brag about one`s Lexus aint it ? Especially to one`s friends who have German rubb, oh sorry, cars.

Take care and stay safe.

On 12/22/2020 at 5:07 PM, royoftherovers said:

A terrible state of affairs Vlad--I for one would not even consider them after reading that.

Brexit is not the reason international Borders are closed Vlad and you did not know it but you have at least one virtual friend on this Forum who did vote for Brexit and you have offered to buy him coffee and  a fish and chips luncheon  and an ice cream pudding when he is next in  Largs !!.

John, my offer still stands for a coffee and the rest! 🙂

• Like 1

After a lot of b*ggering about I finally got the new OBDLink LX to work with my Vline and Hybrid Assistant.  An hour outside on a miserable damp afternoon in rural France.

I'm usually pretty good on IT stuff, but this installation/linking/BT was a royal pain in the butt - as it apparently proves to be for most people.

Now all I have to do is try to understand what it is telling me!

Now my only outstanding job on the to do list is to get the driver's seat re padded.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links