Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

22 minutes ago, jonthetourist said:

They are the only non-standard thing on my car, and get more comments than anything else!

I've looked on eBay but I can't find them!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BMCWP said:
eBay item number:
I think that's the same vendor but current listing eBay item number is 264237608712

Literally plug and play 

Just ordered them, thanks.

So today I took my 430 to Osaka in Newport for its annual service, for the fourth successive year. When he calculated my bill, he said "It gets smaller every year, as everything comes back to spec". Paid £238, and the only expense / replacement I have to plan for next year is new handbrake shoes. I can live with that. ☺️

10 hours ago, jonthetourist said:

So today I took my 430 to Osaka in Newport for its annual service, for the fourth successive year. When he calculated my bill, he said "It gets smaller every year, as everything comes back to spec". Paid £238, and the only expense / replacement I have to plan for next year is new handbrake shoes. I can live with that. ☺️

Annual service - this is an oil change basically or anything else? 

Does anybody know why my car gives me an electric little shock after I drive it? Does it need to have some kind of earth?

8 hours ago, Vlady said:

Does anybody know why my car gives me an electric little shock after I drive it? Does it need to have some kind of earth?

That's very common and there are any amount of answers on Google 🙂 I get it a lot and it's not just the Lexus - another thing is if I don't get it from the car I can get a zap from the tap in the kitchen if I touch it before grounding on anything else 
https://www.wikihow.com/Get-out-of-a-Car-Without-Getting-Shocked-by-Static-Electricity

14 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

All clean and ready to show off at my Mercedes meet tomorrow! :thumbup:

This is very beautiful colour! Very nice! I would be nice to have a GS in this colour! 😉

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BMCWP said:

That's very common and there are any amount of answers on Google 🙂 I get it a lot and it's not just the Lexus - another thing is if I don't get it from the car I can get a zap from the tap in the kitchen if I touch it before grounding on anything else 
https://www.wikihow.com/Get-out-of-a-Car-Without-Getting-Shocked-by-Static-Electricity

Thank you Brian, I will try some of these tricks. Speaking of, on my dads old Soviet car - Volga (GAZ 2410) we had a grounding strap which worked but it would look weird on Lexus or any modern car. 🙂

I am not 100% sure but I think it started after I put in a seat cushion on drivers seat, which reminds me that I need to fix my seat base!

• Like 1

I was going to fit my missing centre cap on the wheel as it just arrived from the states (as nobody in the UK seemed to have one) but they sent it in a standard jiffy bag and of course its arrived crushed  - so I now have to wait to see if they will replace it and hopefully this time send it in bubble wrap in a little box marked "do not crush" 😕 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BMCWP said:

I was going to fit my missing centre cap on the wheel as it just arrived from the states (as nobody in the UK seemed to have one) but they sent it in a standard jiffy bag and of course its arrived crushed  - so I now have to wait to see if they will replace it and hopefully this time send it in bubble wrap in a little box marked "do not crush" 😕 

Oh dear.

Jiffy bags - often useless and environmentally unfriendly! 

Good luck with the replacement.

4 hours ago, Vlady said:

Thank you Brian, I will try some of these tricks. Speaking of, on my dads old Soviet car - Volga (GAZ 2410) we had a grounding strap which worked but it would look weird on Lexus or any modern car. 🙂

I am not 100% sure but I think it started after I put in a seat cushion on drivers seat, which reminds me that I need to fix my seat base!

Had a grounding strap on my old Ford Cortina - made it go faster - apparently ?!

2 hours ago, PCM said:

Had a grounding strap on my old Ford Cortina - made it go faster - apparently ?!

Just to confirm, did it have the lightening flash on it?  It's only that type that made them go faster!

• Like 1

Did and oil, oil filter, air filter, and cabin filter change today. Ramps made it much easier but needed the ramp extensions. Also fitted some rubber strip to the door edges. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Just to confirm, did it have the lightening flash on it?  It's only that type that made them go faster!

Yes, it did have lightning.

I certainly noticed an increase in speed... downhill.

And its beige colour added an additional finesse.

• Haha 1

Gave the old girl a bath on Friday as she was rotten and I've not spent any real time cleaning the car due to the work I'm doing on the house.

Cleaned wheels and topped up sealant.
Snow foamed
Washed
Dried and topped up sealant.
All glass polished with front and rear exterior glass given a coat of soft 99 window sealant.
Hoovered interior and wiped plastics with ODK cabin which smells lovely.
Tyres dressed.

Not bad for a twelve year old car.

Driven to Norfolk and back so the front end looks like a fly cemetery now so will need another clean this week.

de2eae9a00278b7abdbf01e7e2474f06.jpg85cb2ffeda206b1d8e9c4a5684a6ce32.jpgf5b2da9d042c78e1ac38202acea0d35f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leelacey17 said:

Gave the old girl a bath on Friday as she was rotten and I've not spent any real time cleaning the car due to the work I'm doing on the house.

Cleaned wheels and topped up sealant.
Snow foamed
Washed
Dried and topped up sealant.
All glass polished with front and rear exterior glass given a coat of soft 99 window sealant.
Hoovered interior and wiped plastics with ODK cabin which smells lovely.
Tyres dressed.

Not bad for a twelve year old car.

Driven to Norfolk and back so the front end looks like a fly cemetery now so will need another clean this week.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lee great job there, the car does not look like it is 12 years old at all! 

How do you find soft 99 window sealant? Never heard of it, also never heard of ODK thing! 

• Like 1

I too washed the car today, nothing fancy as Lee above, just a snow foam and 2 bucket was after that. Also wiped interior and applied leather softener to the seats, I applied GTechniq 1 C2 last time I washed the car so it's still fine, never even had time to dress the tyres as my wife asked my to wash her car! 
Anyway, couple pictures below.

20190512_174316.jpg

20190512_191018.jpg

20190512_192043.jpg

• Like 2

Fixed my OBD2 connector today. Was a busted wire.

Now I can read the code (P0420) and reset it. Hasn't returned after a 20 mile loop so fingers crossed.
Otherwise it'll be time to get underneath and see if the Y pipe or gasket are leaking.

• Like 1

poked thru the windscreen washer jets to make them flow better and checked all the ( mostly 24 year old original ) light bulbs work ok .........  MOT end of next week

Malc

• Like 2

Transported a petrol bushcutter inside my gs by putting the front passenger seat fully forward and fully reclined and putting the wife in the rear seat behind me!