Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

A few days ago I removed my seat cushion and I have much less electrical shocks! The cushion is off from now on and saving money to fix my seat base (the  foam is a bit worn under the bum!).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Malc said:

poked thru the windscreen washer jets to make them flow better and checked all the ( mostly 24 year old original ) light bulbs work ok .........  MOT end of next week

Malc

What did you 'poke' with?

A snow foam wash and Rain x on the glass and pano roof. Looks like new again. I gave it a wax with Bilt and Hamber wax over 3 weeks ago and it’s holding up very well. The wash was so easy

40 minutes ago, LexusIS300h said:

A snow foam wash and Rain x on the glass and pano roof. Looks like new again. I gave it a wax with Bilt and Hamber wax over 3 weeks ago and it’s holding up very well. The wash was so easy

Try chemical guys blackllight. Lasts for around 9 months which in my case is 15000 miles. 

Easy to apply and beads beautifully. After every wash just spritz with their H70? Gives a great finish 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

Try chemical guys blackllight. Lasts for around 9 months which in my case is 15000 miles. 

Easy to apply and beads beautifully. After every wash just spritz with their H70? Gives a great finish 

Thanks for the tip, I will give that a try when I get through the tin of wax I bought 👍

If you clay the car prior to doing 2 coats of the wax it will last for months. If it's the double speed wax then it's a great product. The tin should last you years

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, leelacey17 said:

If you clay the car prior to doing 2 coats of the wax it will last for months. If it's the double speed wax then it's a great product. The tin should last you years

Thanks Lee, yes it is the double speed wax I used. I didn’t clay the car as I don’t know what it does..... ? Could you explain please?

1 hour ago, LexusIS300h said:

Thanks Lee, yes it is the double speed wax I used. I didn’t clay the car as I don’t know what it does..... ? Could you explain please?

You use a piece of clay bar and a lubricant. Rubbing it on the paintwork like an eraser it lifts out contaminants. It leaves a really smooth finish. Plenty of videos on YouTube showing its use. 

8 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

You use a piece of clay bar and a lubricant. Rubbing it on the paintwork like an eraser it lifts out contaminants. It leaves a really smooth finish. Plenty of videos on YouTube showing its use. 

Thanks Les, I’ll try that next time 👍

What did I do today to my Lexus? Well, about 6.45 in the morning I was washing my Lexus, it was so much bird poo on a roof and windscreen that I was afraid I will scratch the paint if I try to remove it, so I sprayed bird lime neutraliser 1st for a few minutes and then washed it! 

Also today I received my V750 from DVLA! I ordered number plates on Thursday evening and got a letter today, not bad DVLA, respect! 

• Like 1

You did not use this Forum, then?
No I didn't. Didn't realise that was an option on here but I want it gone by the weekend if possible so am trying it outside the house. Have had a few calls already so hopefully something will happen.

• Like 1

Booked it in for new front shocks and ARB bush replace with Osaka.  She wallows like a whale and shocks almost not worth being there (no leaks though)

So in two weeks will give her a clean inside and out and maybe get around to repairing aerial.

• Like 2

Yesterday having checked OBD 1 during previous week and found different Engine fault codes, I followed a guide to re-setting codes and came out with no faults on Engine or Transmission. SMILES stupidly!

Since having my ECU Caps replaced I still had the occasional misfire under load or very rarely when doing 40mph in traffic. Never any idle or starting problem.  On order,  an OEM Toyota TPS which for $45 is a steal.

So, what did I do to get to this glorious position? Other than taking off the negative terminal and allowing a few minutes, I re-connected and let the car idle for five minutes before going to get some petrol.  Car didn't feel right - sort of sluggish. Not at all what I was hoping for. Ran it in 2nd to 40mph for a minute.  However, on leaving the petrol station the car had so much more zip which astonished me. 

So, Weak mixture code 25 seemed to have gone. 

Only other thing I did was put back a bolt I'd fogotten to put back when replacing the Alternator and power steering pump last year or the year before??     The bolt was to secure the Airbox behind the Throttle Cables.  As this box is a sealed unit I don't see how it could make any difference, but ...????

Perhaps the Caps had not fully charged and this is the reason? LSCowboy said leave ignition on for 20 seconds before starting. Nothing about idling.

Yet to see if I can finally drive the Car beyond the 80mph when it would misfire rather than go into Overdrive which made me drop the throttle back.  Next trip abroad, perhaps.  

Washed my car (GS), my wifes car and my motorbike! knackered! 

I got my GS booked tomorrow for an oil change, brake fluid and coolant, my friend will do it for me. To save his time, I changed today air filter and pollen filter!

2 hours ago, Sunnybrae said:

Gave cukumber a wash and hoover the other day and getting an early MOT done next week, sadly she may be for sale soon as I'm just not using her anymore. 

IMG_0988.JPG

How sad is that Mike.

Love and Use are mutually exclusive. If you love her you must keep her or at the very least ensure that she goes into the best home possible.

She looks a beauty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Had an oil service done today, also brake fluid was changed! So far everything cost me £173 and this is oil and oil filter, air and pollen filter with brake fluid! Couldn't be happier!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JamesIS220 said:

Polished the headlights on my IS220D.

certainly got rid of the yellow look!

James.

James would be helpful to see photos before and after. 😉

What did you use to polish the lights? Was it hard, any tips?

Not that I need it but someone might, I have seen a few cars with yellow headlights, not even sure how some of them pass MOT test.

Cheers

Vlad

• Like 1