Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

Had it professionally valeted as I recently decided to replace it with a plug-in (I’m retiring next month) and it now looks almost new and I’m having second thoughts, esp as the car I think I want! is still too expensive, so waiting a year would make sense.

1st world dilemmas!

4 hours ago, 56Doc said:

Had it professionally valeted as I recently decided to replace it with a plug-in (I’m retiring next month) and it now looks almost new and I’m having second thoughts, esp as the car I think I want! is still too expensive, so waiting a year would make sense.

1st world dilemmas!

Why spend thousands on a plug in Dave when you can keep the only girl you ever cared about for nothing ?

Plug ins are for the afterlife !!  (lol)

• Like 1

I just have noticed that I created this thread in wrong topic that belong to Lexus LS, I think this thread should be in general discussion or something.

Can I\admin change that please.

I found that through Disp button on the steering wheel you can set a tachometer to be on all the time! So, now I am driving with taho instead of the Energy dial, this is not much but makes you think you are in another car as dashboard screen looks different now! :)

• Like 1

Sold it unfortunately. Great car and loved it for the 3 years I've had it. Treated it well and it did the same to me.

Picked up its replacement last Sunday but didn't want the dealer to offer me pittance for it so sold It privately this evening.

Sorry to see it go but i needed more practicality.

Fist picture was how it looked after I had worked some magic on it. Second was the day I brought it. And finally it's replacement. 87bfd0e778c10215813df86fdcac9273.jpg0b486cf15d92c62225c0e33bf94f4cd7.jpg343ca150430f1c467120183b0c779043.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, leelacey17 said:

Sold it unfortunately. Great car and loved it for the 3 years I've had it. Treated it well and it did the same to me.

Picked up its replacement last Sunday but didn't want the dealer to offer me pittance for it so sold It privately this evening.

Sorry to see it go but i needed more practicality.

Fist picture was how it looked after I had worked some magic on it. Second was the day I brought it. And finally it's replacement. 87bfd0e778c10215813df86fdcac9273.jpg0b486cf15d92c62225c0e33bf94f4cd7.jpg343ca150430f1c467120183b0c779043.jpg

Hi Lee, congratulations with the new car! Hope you are not leaving us though!

How do you like Mazda so far? What engine did you go for?

The car (well both of them) looks really nice, I like a lot Mazda white you have, good choice! I think Mazda 6 is a beautiful car, especially in estate form!

Keep us updated how it goes!

Today I flattened the Battery, well one of the grandchildren did, putting on all the interior lights.

I didn’t notice and I’m waiting for the RAC, ten minutes for them to answer the phone and 90 minute expected wait.

My Battery charger has been borrowed by one of my kids:(

Wait for the questionnaire about the service.  AA next year I think.

Hi Lee, congratulations with the new car! Hope you are not leaving us though!
How do you like Mazda so far? What engine did you go for?
The car (well both of them) looks really nice, I like a lot Mazda white you have, good choice! I think Mazda 6 is a beautiful car, especially in estate form!
Keep us updated how it goes!
Really liking the new one it's what I wanted. It's a 2.2 175bhp diesel auto. Didn't really want a diesel but there are so few options when it comes to estate cars. It's the sport nav version with the safety pack and goes really well.

I understand the regeneration cycles and how they work on these engines so am happy to manage that. I have had Japanese cars for nearly 20 years now and hope this continues the reliability that I've had up to now.

Bought more goodie..... armytrix exhaust system 👍🏻

just realised ive spent more on this car in the past 3wks  than i did on my LS600HL and everything i did to my SC in all the time i owned them

kids inheritance is dwindling now 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Had my LS 400 MK 4 1998 MOT'd today and she passed, only advisory ball joint N/S slight up and down movement, and rear brake pipe slight corrosion, both to be done by the same garage next service layer this year. Brake pipe ACF 50 just in case.

I took opportunity to ACF 50 some key areas, I have already backed the longevity of the car last year when I bought same by Dinitrol treatment  it all over. I today went into belt and braces mode to make sure.

This car amazes me everytime I go out in her, so I want her to keep passing those MOT's, and at just over 80000 she is not run in yet !

• 1 month later...

My car has done 41k miles couple of days ago! :)

This morning I felt that o/s rear brakes are warmer than the n/s so I checked the front ones and they were cold compared to the rear ones and this is after half an hour of driving! I would expect front ones to be warmer and rear ones to be cold! 

This is strange as couple of months ago I cleaned all the calipers and pads, probably need to do it again as vibration during braking also re-appeared. 

16 minutes ago, Farqui said:

@Vlady, what did you use to lube your rear sliders?

Farqui, I used copper grease which probably was a mistake! 😞

Well, I have been told that for sliders copper grease is not advisable after I used it!

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 11:10 PM, Wisemonkey said:

This car amazes me everytime I go out in her, so I want her to keep passing those MOT's, and at just over 80000 she is not run in yet !

you're absolutely right you know  :yahoo:

at 223k and 24 yrs old now and I've been driving the Ls400 ( my third now ) as a main car for a few hundred thousand miles and some 19 years

Can't believe how fortunate i was to stumble upon my first one all those years back and continue to be marvelled by the supreme comfort in all respects of having a Ls400

I must be one of the luckiest car owners / drivers on this planet 😉

Malc

• Like 1

@Vlady, ah that's a shame. I suspect it will have dried out and causing your issue.  But the fix should be cheap :wink3:

Try Ceratec, that seems to last well.  Something like; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Textar-Cera-Tec-Ceratec-Brake-Lubricant-Grease-Anti-Squeal-75ml/163693805316

• Thanks 1

Wheels were a bit worn looking (and one was a slightly different colour) and I had a few cans of Plastidip so...   Good thing is, if I don't like it or it does not wear well I can simply peel it off - I'll do the emblems on the boot next 🙂

wheels.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greer said:

I got my headlight plastic cleaned by my garage, they did use some kind of 'polisher' not just put the cleaner stuff on & rub it, came up like new, so, I suppose you either buy a polisher & fluid stuff for a one off use & do it yourself or get it done professionally, not exactly lots of choices except if you try & polish it off by hand with the stuff they use you would be in for a hard time

And how much did they charge for that service, Alan ?

• 2 weeks later...

Disassembled my rear brakes yesterday as vibration re-reappeared while braking from motorway speed and I felt that driver side rear brakes are warm after a drive compared to other three sides.

Anyway, as soon as I removed the calliper one of the brake shoe just came off of the brake pad!!! May be this is the reason for warm brakes, luckily it was before 12am so I managed to go to Lexus Glasgow and got myself a set of brake pads for £50, I think it is not a bad price but never compared it to any other.

I think the reason for shoe coming off is that when I cleaned the brakes like 3-4 months ago they were (pads) covered by rust so I used a spanner do bang them so the rust pills off and I guess the pads did not like an impact, well, I learned my lesson! No banging the pads! 🙂

Need to take the car for a proper test drive and do a few emergency stops to see how brakes perform now.

I also cleaned the brakes from copper grease I used last time, especially sliding pins and regreased them with high temp melting point grease, will see how it goes.

If the weather gets better might check the front callipers but they were alright last time I looked into them.

Vlady

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Disassembled my rear brakes yesterday as vibration re-reappeared while braking from motorway speed and I felt that driver side rear brakes are warm after a drive compared to other three sides.

Anyway, as soon as I removed the calliper one of the brake shoe just came off of the brake pad!!! May be this is the reason for warm brakes, luckily it was before 12am so I managed to go to Lexus Glasgow and got myself a set of brake pads for £50, I think it is not a bad price but never compared it to any other.

I think the reason for shoe coming off is that when I cleaned the brakes like 3-4 months ago they were (pads) covered by rust so I used a spanner do bang them so the rust pills off and I guess the pads did not like an impact, well, I learned my lesson! No banging the pads! 🙂

Need to take the car for a proper test drive and do a few emergency stops to see how brakes perform now.

I also cleaned the brakes from copper grease I used last time, especially sliding pins and regreased them with high temp melting point grease, will see how it goes.

If the weather gets better might check the front callipers but they were alright last time I looked into them.

Vlady

I had my GS washed F.O.C. by Lexus Chester, arranged for my Annual Service for 5 September and the use of a loan car.Then I painted my garden shed using the contents from an old Castrol GTX can.

I will use some old Duckhams 20-50 next time!

Ah, Happy Days.

• Like 1