Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

8 minutes ago, Malc said:

I did, he told me to go and " do one "  hence I told my insurers in the first instance, he said he was going through his own insurers, the AA   ( alcoholics anonymous ! )

I'll keep my powder dry for now 😉

Malc

Sue him immediately ( and include the quote he uttered) and listen to his pips squeaking.

Ask the DVLA to disclose ownership and you might find it belongs to a Company. If so, write to the Company Secretary and disclose the employee`s poor behaviour.

Oh, and install a dashcam.

I am so pleased I live in the North !!

Good luck.

On 9/3/2019 at 5:44 PM, runsgrateasanut said:

Back on the road again (as the song goes) . Running smooth.  Passed on servicing the IACV as not as easy as it is on the earliest model.  Didn't change the Throttle control sensor as need to better understand calibration and replacing Leads may with increased spark resolve my strange misfire at speed and failure to go into O/d. Who knows?   The right hand side Spark plug and Leads cover is always a pig and I cut out another piece in the hope I wouldn't snap a Lead.  Some people I see cut the piece where it extends to cover the plugs making it a two part, which makes sense, as impossible to see that Leads are snagged or just being pressed down.

I know that Spark Plugs are often mentioned and I would say that the Brisk Silver plugs for LPG / CNG seem in very good order after 20k miles.  (ask if you'd like to see a photo).  I did change them to Denso's just in case there was an issue.  Have both sorts of Torque bar but in the end its difficult on some plugs and decided to just use my own understanding of how tight they should feel. Always a fear of over torquing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mckg0

10 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Excellent, and I seem to remember some years ago you had similar luck with a door?  I'm glad it's not terminal. 👍

You sir are correct, I wish my memory was as good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got my front discs skimmed today, put it back on the car with new pads, so far I have been doing smooth and slow braking just that the brakes bed in better.

Apparently one of the disc was slightly warped but both got machined. Well, even now I can say that my Lexus was never braking better and smoother as it does now, in fact it was my only gripe for this car - brakes but I was blaming it to be a hybrid! I think one disc was always slightly warped but with my harsh braking trying to clean pads/discs I made it worth, anyway, I do not have a proper answer to that, I have no idea why would disc being thick almost as new got warped, defo not under my owner. I had warped discs on my old car (Passat) but discs were thin and required changing, this ones are 29mm (new ones 30mm) so not badly worn!

I just hope this issue won't happen again in near future.

Got the front pads from Lexus Glasgow for £72 and as a present a 2 teddy bears for my daughters! 🙂 Thanks to Mark from Parts dep.

20190906_144920.jpg

20190906_150855.jpg

20190906_151213.jpg

20190906_151218.jpg

20190906_144916.jpg

• Like 5

Yesterday I got the old Bank 1 pre-cat lambda sensor swapped over. It took the mechanic about 20 minutes and a few curses about how awkward it was.  There was even more cursing when I cleared the codes using my fiver chinesium OBD2 reader and my phone.  No more check VSC and hopefully the economy will improve a bit.

• Like 2

Ordered 4 new tyres - Goodyear Vector 4 seasons G2 and 12 months warranty (in case of rupture or a puncture), it was a £3.50 per tyre (warranty) which i think not a bad deal plus tyres £130 each! Will be putting them on the car next month.

I also washed the car, probably this is last time this year I have done it this way, I used tar cleaning, clay bar and polish resin on top, then applied water repellent/polish that works really well! Also attached 2 bumper corner protectors/guards.

20190915_135700.jpg

• Like 3

My LS 400 was fully Dinitrol treated when I first had the car last year, but for a belt and braces approach I use ACF50 on bits like the boot lid seam or underneath in and around the sills area where there are some fairly thinish edged panels on the outer side, I give this a good brush with the ACF50. This stuff is top quality and easy to apply. My 7 year old Suzuki Swift Sport used in all weather conditions looked the same as it was when new underneath as a result of applying this product. All un treated cars have a massive break out of rust on shocks and suspension arms, but ACF50 stops this when applied once a year.

On 9/16/2019 at 11:30 AM, Wisemonkey said:

My LS 400 was fully Dinitrol treated when I first had the car last year, but for a belt and braces approach I use ACF50 on bits like the boot lid seam or underneath in and around the sills area where there are some fairly thinish edged panels on the outer side, I give this a good brush with the ACF50. This stuff is top quality and easy to apply. My 7 year old Suzuki Swift Sport used in all weather conditions looked the same as it was when new underneath as a result of applying this product. All un treated cars have a massive break out of rust on shocks and suspension arms, but ACF50 stops this when applied once a year.

Ordered ACF50! 🙂 Mainly for my motorbike but there should be more than enough to be left over for the car. Last time I was working on my car brakes suspension arms and even shock absorber all look a bit rusty, so I might treat them with ACF50! Thanks for advice @Wisemonkey

On 9/3/2019 at 4:54 PM, The-Acre said:

Bad luck Mike, is it terminal?

Shes on the road again. One bonnet all ready the correct colour.£100 labour £100 Bonnet catch £20. He has worked on her before and said he always enjoys working on an LS as they are so well screwed together and that makes it easy to work on. I'm a happy man.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Bluesman said:

Shes on the road again. One bonnet all ready the correct colour.£100 labour £100 Bonnet catch £20. He has worked on her before and said he always enjoys working on an LS as they are so well screwed together and that makes it easy to work on. I'm a happy man.

Excellent news, you must be chuffed to bits!

• Like 1

Some bastards stole my all  4 valve caps! I can't believe it, in 20 years owning different cars and staying 7 years at this address this never happened before! Really upsetting and made me angry! Grrrr!

20191003_172915.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

Some bastards stole my all  4 valve caps! I can't believe it, in 20 years owning different cars and staying 7 years at this address this never happened before! Really upsetting and made me angry! Grrrr!

20191003_172915.jpg

So annoying, and as you say, upsetting. After watching the literal daylight theft of car parts on Rip Off Britain I'm not surprised.  

• Thanks 1

rubber cap replacements won't tempt them again, unless it's someone just being mischievous

or have you got dextrous squirrels around :whistling:

Malc

• Haha 3