Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

I have converted my LS430 to LPG.  The kit is BRC and fitted by Bham Autogas.

Aircon doesn’t work and a spare aircon pump was given with the car.  It’s going in for 170k service and they will look at the aircon pump too.

I only have the valet key and want to get the master key.  Anyone know where can I get one of these from or is it a dealer job.  How much are these keys.

thanks

Ifty

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ifty said:

I have converted my LS430 to LPG.  The kit is BRC and fitted by Bham Autogas.

Aircon doesn’t work and a spare aircon pump was given with the car.  It’s going in for 170k service and they will look at the aircon pump too.

I only have the valet key and want to get the master key.  Anyone know where can I get one of these from or is it a dealer job.  How much are these keys.

thanks

Ifty

Send jonthetourist a pm - he has done it before

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisermark said:

Send jonthetourist a pm - he has done it before

You rang, m'lud?

It's bad news, I'm afraid. There is no route from a valet key to a a master key. Not even at dealer prices. Sorry.

I know it's hard to believe, but I hope you can prove me wrong. I ended up changing the locking ecu with one bought from a scrapper.

Jon

• Like 1

I called Lexus dealer in Preston and they quoted me total £325 for the key inc Programming (£90).  I have to take my log book to prove ownership and ID and they will order the key.  It is a week wait and the key is precut and they will programme it for my LS430.  They want £265 fixed price servicing.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ifty said:

I called Lexus dealer in Preston and they quoted me total £325 for the key inc Programming (£90).  I have to take my log book to prove ownership and ID and they will order the key.  It is a week wait and the key is precut and they will programme it for my LS430.  They want £265 fixed price servicing.

That is on a par with what Mercedes Chester charged me for a replacement key for the Merc.

• Like 1

I hope so as I have to wait for the logbook to come.  It’s a pain not having the keyless entry and button to unlock the boot.

next thing I have to do is get the scratches taken out and alloys redone.  Getting the LPG conversion done straight away was great as I got 315 miles from £33.

16 hours ago, Ifty said:

Good Luck.

Lexus Cheltenham said they could do it, but they couldn't make it work. To be fair, they didn't charge me because they were a bit embarrassed.

Jon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the car from Lexus Glasgow where it had Battery Health Check, it is good to go for another year, all green!

Only one suggestion was on rear brake discs, they are pitted slightly which is no wonder as I barely drive my car. Treated her to a good Shell (not supermarket that I was using for the last 4 months) fuel too!

So far mpg on a last tank was 35.15

So happy chappy I am! 🙂

• Like 2

I found a bit of rust on the lip of my bonnet 😧

and the bodywork is no longer under warranty 😧😧

Can't have that so will be going to get a quote. Don't think it will be too bad.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Swopped out the ECM/ECU on my 96 LS400 for an updated version. Nothing wrong with the capacitors on the existing one that I could see but I found a later revision ECM/ECU which Lexus UK confirmed was correct for my car. Will see this week if everything works ok but it’s seems ok, starts and runs so the updated ECU/ECM works. The original will have the capacitors changed etc and then I’ll decide what to do with it.

• Like 1

Didn't do anything to the car today but took a plunge and ordered a DA polisher kit, was thinking about it for years now! 

I noticed that the car's black colour has a few scratches and swirl marks even though I am trying to look after the paint it's not in a great condition!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Didn't do anything to the car today but took a plunge and ordered a DA polisher kit, was thinking about it for years now! 

I noticed that the car's black colour has a few scratches and swirl marks even though I am trying to look after the paint it's not in a great condition!

Save your money Vlad and wrap the car in one of those new Harry Potter invisibility cloaks !

20 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Save your money Vlad and wrap the car in one of those new Harry Potter invisibility cloaks !

Send me a link John where I can get it! 😉

Over yesterday and today I was polishing the car, using DA polisher that I received a few days ago. It takes practice I would say but results a very good, I should buy one of these ages ago, it is not easy but much less tiring than doing it by hand and as I said results are so much better!

Most of the swirl marks and the haze has gone, I still have scratches but I was getting used to the machine this weekend and didn't want to over do it plus it was pretty sunny in the afternoon which is not great for the polish. 

I still need to find a polish with rougher compound to get rid of the dipper scratches but even the results I have now are amazing, my wife was shocked when I have shown to her half a panel polished and another half not treated, it is so good!

I would say, to do that you need time, to do it right, especially when you do it first time. Once it is done you can just maintain it or do couple panels at the time.

Now, I need to find a good scratch remover and work on these areas but I am still happy that I have done, well, I still need to do a bonnet and the roof, I would do it but the sun came out and the car being black is pretty hot! I tried to take photos but they do not show how good results are. 😞

Also I wish I had a proper size garage or a box to work on the car without being afraid of the rain/sun/dust etc!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The-Acre said:

What did you use with the DA polisher?  I bought Maguire's compound, polish and wax and found it very good.

Phil, as a Scratch remover/polisher I used Meguiares Ultimate Cutting Compound too, it is one of the best based on reviews and actually very good for black cars and 2nd coat (not sure it was required though) I used Auto Glym Polish Resin. 

It was raining today, the waters beads nicely of the polished panels. 

Weather permitting I need to do a bonnet and the roof and may be another go on other panels and then apply Carnauba wax on top and that will be me until next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

Phil, as a Scratch remover/polisher I used Meguiares Ultimate Cutting Compound too, it is one of the best based on reviews and actually very good for black cars and 2nd coat (not sure it was required though) I used Auto Glym Polish Resin. 

It was raining today, the waters beads nicely of the polished panels. 

Weather permitting I need to do a bonnet and the roof and may be another go on other panels and then apply Carnauba wax on top and that will be me until next season.

Very satisfying I found to see the swirls etc come out!

• Like 1

I paid Lexus £315 last week for the Master Key.  Should be getting a call this week From them to take the car and get it programmed once the key arrives.

luckily after paying for the key I asked the guy to make sure it’s the smart key and he said ofcourse it is and showed me a picture of it.

I politely said no that’s the wrong key as I need this type of key.  I don’t have an ignition key hole that fits with the key you ordered.  A bit embarrassed he searched and found the right key.

just goes to show they dnt know their cars aswell as they think they do.

This week I will get the alloys refurbished and get a quote to get all the scratches removed.

after that I will need to get the PO660 code done which will be expensive me thinks.

Ifty 

• Like 1

Today we drove down to Cornwall 460 miles round trip. Why? to pick up a front bumper as I miss judged how high a kerb was and concrete and plastic do not like each other. 

Need to change the colour of the bumper to Jade Green so that's my project for the next 3 weeks or so.

Now I ache all over, so its this weeks Deadliest Catch and bed time.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Today we drove down to Cornwall 460 miles round trip. Why? to pick up a front bumper as I miss judged how high a kerb was and concrete and plastic do not like each other. 

Need to change the colour of the bumper to Jade Green so that's my project for the next 3 weeks or so.

Now I ache all over, so its this weeks Deadliest Catch and bed time.

So no stay in Mousehole?  It must have been tempting!

9 hours ago, Ifty said:

I paid Lexus £315 last week for the Master Key.  Should be getting a call this week From them to take the car and get it programmed once the key arrives.

luckily after paying for the key I asked the guy to make sure it’s the smart key and he said ofcourse it is and showed me a picture of it.

I politely said no that’s the wrong key as I need this type of key.  I don’t have an ignition key hole that fits with the key you ordered.  A bit embarrassed he searched and found the right key.

just goes to show they dnt know their cars aswell as they think they do.

This week I will get the alloys refurbished and get a quote to get all the scratches removed.

after that I will need to get the PO660 code done which will be expensive me thinks.

Ifty 

You better keep an eye on them! 

@Ifty what is code PO660?