Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

3 hours ago, Razor61 said:

I think the £730 includes fitting, otherwise it is extortion

This is just parts! I told them I will fit the parts myself. It is a expensive!

4 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Unless I'm missing something that's extortion. LPD show £379.20 for front and rear. And I know my local Lexus dealer would match or beat that because they always do.

Richard do they do discs though for Premier Model, front discs are in larger size for this model and therefore it is more expensive.

By the way, this is the price with 10% LOC discount, without it it would be £800! It is expensive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vlady said:

This is just parts! I told them I will fit the parts myself. It is a expensive!

Richard do they do discs though for Premier Model, front discs are in larger size for this model and therefore it is more expensive.

By the way, this is the price with 10% LOC discount, without it it would be £800! It is expensive.

Wow!

But that I don't know. I just looked here https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/category/lexus-gs/lexus-gs-phase-iii-2005-2012/lexus-gs-3-brakes-transmission/ Maybe give them a call. I've spoken to them a couple of times and though I've only ordered once they seem a friendly bunch. Only ordered once because I can nearly see my local dealer from where I'm sat now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rich1068 said:

Wow!

But that I don't know. I just looked here https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/category/lexus-gs/lexus-gs-phase-iii-2005-2012/lexus-gs-3-brakes-transmission/ Maybe give them a call. I've spoken to them a couple of times and though I've only ordered once they seem a friendly bunch. Only ordered once because I can nearly see my local dealer from where I'm sat now.

Thanks for the link Richard, I will check them out, the link you provided is for GS mark 3, I have Mark 4, an early one though. 🙂

Still, will check them out. 

Just now, rich1068 said:

Oh I'm just talking out of the back of my neck then. Thought you had a MKIII

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/category/lexus-gs/lexus-gs-phase-iv-2012-2018/lexus-gs-4-brakes-transmission/

I am looking at the prices right now Richard, you can see standard GS front brake set is £190 and for the F-sport is it £312! Which is still way cheaper what Lexus Glasgow offered me with my club discount! 🙂

I will definitely keep this address in my favourites, for future references. Thank Richard!

• Like 1

We took a drive over to Esher to pick up a new Sky satellite box as ours died last night.

Beautiful houses, private road, fantastic houses. Lexie looked quite at home on the drive way. 

• Like 2

They're popular on here. Forum sponsors or something. They're actually a main dealer darn saaf somewhere.
Lexus Swindon. I've ordered a fair amount from them recently and have nothing but praise.

Use code LOVELEXUS to get free shipping on £100+ orders.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

We took a drive over to Esher to pick up a new Sky satellite box as ours died last night.

Beautiful houses, private road, fantastic houses. Lexie looked quite at home on the drive way. 

You bought a new box from a private house, Mike ?

• Haha 1

Having a smile reading BMW forum, when guys feel so relieved after passing and MOT test, some of them describing it while waiting as sitting in a corridor at dentist waiting for an appointment or sitting and waiting while your wife is giving a birth! lol! 🙂

I just told them that I used to be like that, always worried and saving money for every service and MOT as something gotta go wrong and then all stopped - I bought a Lexus! 🙂

God, may be I am lucky with this GS but I had no issues so far and if it can last couple more years I will be happy! The only problem is, by that there will be no Lexus I would like to own, I like the RX but in 2022 it will be expensive to run, I think fuel prices will go up much higher! Probably electric? 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Having a smile reading BMW forum, when guys feel so relieved after passing and MOT test, some of them describing it while waiting as sitting in a corridor at dentist waiting for an appointment or sitting and waiting while your wife is giving a birth! lol! 🙂

I just told them that I used to be like that, always worried and saving money for every service and MOT as something gotta go wrong and then all stopped - I bought a Lexus! 🙂

God, may be I am lucky with this GS but I had no issues so far and if it can last couple more years I will be happy! The only problem is, by that there will be no Lexus I would like to own, I like the RX but in 2022 it will be expensive to run, I think fuel prices will go up much higher! Probably electric? 🙂

Did you see Linas there Vlad ?

In a few years time Vlad your perspective on Life may have changed and you may find a Lexus that you do like ?

18 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Did you see Linas there Vlad ?

In a few years time Vlad your perspective on Life may have changed and you may find a Lexus that you do like ?

John, I do like RX now but can't afford one just now, my GS still does the job perfectly for now. In a couple of years RX's will be more affordable and it might be the time to part with my GS but in 2 years time RX might not be the best car to own, you know how our government keep changing their mind when it comes to automotive. 🙂

Vlad

The external application of this stuff is frowned upon by MOT stations and they will fail the car if it hides brake pipes so it is not marketed much in the UK.

You can apply anti rust treatment internally that is safe (Waxoyl etc) and the factory applied under body seal should protect the car unless it has been scratched or stone chipped on exposed edges in which case you can purchase brush on stone chip to seal those areas after cleaning them up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday, I sat on the Bench in the front garden facing South for 30 minutes and recharged my vitamin D levels, whilst ;

* the Lexus recharged itself....on ...and...off....and....on and......

*the Merc ticked over with the Alternator feeding its Battery

*reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows !

I then retired indoors to pick up the NASA transmission reporting finding copious quantities of water on the Moon.

And throughout the day I "jousted" with Nemesis, Bluesman, Vlady and J Henderson et al doing the WORD ASSOCIATION app!

Isn`t life exciting ? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Excitement?

I watched from the window as my cars were "washed" by the torrential rain we have had today. No enthusiasm to take one out in this weather.

The excitement came when I was asked to drive to Aldi.

From such varied perspectives are Great novels hatched !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Update on my wayward satnav,purchased a replacement unit off eBay which had a tatty case but at £30 worth it, just swapped over the gubbins into my mint case and hey presto job done tested today and everything is fine.

The reader in the boot is always the prime suspect if the gps signal is showing on the display as most of the action is taking place in the reader,

The disc can be the problem if it is marred or dirty but if it mint it will not be the cause. 

• Like 1

So the door open warning light/bulb is gone on my dash. This is one of the lights that project down from the top of the cluster. Lexus/Toyota dealer have said this part is no longer available.

Anyone know where I could pickup one of these or if they have a certain type/name I should be looking for? Could ask a breaker to post me a out one for a few quid I guess.

Its part number 84999-50270 

20201029_203221.thumb.jpg.ca625e4ab2d2ecd5add2a51370126c11.jpg