Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

30 minutes ago, PCM said:

I changed the Pollen Filter today.

Need all the warm air I can get in the Winter.

I bet you did not change the filter at 8am this morning Piers.

Go, please tell us when you did it and what was the condition of the one you replaced?

Oh, I nearly forgot, was the procedure in the Handbook?  (LOL)

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

I bet you did not change the filter at 8am this morning Piers.

Go, please tell us when you did it and what was the condition of the one you replaced?

Oh, I nearly forgot, was the procedure in the Handbook?  (LOL)

Busted.

Did it yesterday pm - late.

The condition was so-so, but, 'I'm worth it'.

And yes(!), used the mighty handbook, and followed it to the letter - John-style.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PCM said:

Busted.

Did it yesterday pm - late.

The condition was so-so, but, 'I'm worth it'.

And yes(!), used the mighty handbook, and followed it to the letter - John-style.

You have to get up really early in the morning to beat this little twerp from Interpol, Piers !

Have 50 points for following documented procedure, matey.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MotorDevil said:

So the door open warning light/bulb is gone on my dash. This is one of the lights that project down from the top of the cluster. Lexus/Toyota dealer have said this part is no longer available.

Anyone know where I could pickup one of these or if they have a certain type/name I should be looking for? Could ask a breaker to post me a out one for a few quid I guess.

Its part number 84999-50270 

20201029_203221.thumb.jpg.ca625e4ab2d2ecd5add2a51370126c11.jpg

Got a spare one here they just thread  into the holder you have pm me with your address and I will send it at postage cost.

_A307492.JPG

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ambermarine said:

Anyone know where I could pickup one of these

try an old fashioned service station ........  when the overhead bulb ( one of them ) went on mine, my Mk1, a few years ago the local garage had one on the shelf for me .......  about 20p maybe !

Malc

Spent yesterday and today drying the boot wheel well and chasing the leak. Suspect it's water running down the inside of the rubber seal (where it clamps onto the metal), gonna have to pull it off and take a better look

16 hours ago, BlueWagon said:

Spent yesterday and today drying the boot wheel well and chasing the leak. Suspect it's water running down the inside of the rubber seal (where it clamps onto the metal), gonna have to pull it off and take a better look

Easily fixed either with new boot seal, or pull old one off, clean it up and then reseat with mastic/silicone.

Problem caused by original sealent drying out, allowing water to wick up and over and then fins its way to the wheel well via boot lock.

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2020 at 11:03 AM, rich1068 said:

Bit of an LS 400 weak point isn't it?

Yep and £100 plus delivery from LPD. I replaced it my LS400 (soon to be ex LS400) and it cured the leak into the wheel well.

Why 'soon to be ex LS400' you may think, well I had an accident in the LS near work yesterday morning and it will be a write off....................I had a spin on an uphill motorway entry slip road and ended up front first into a barrier. Plenty of damage to the front and it was recovered to be assessed but I know what the outcome will be. I have no idea how it happened as I was going 25-30 mph max on entry to the slip road and then suddenly big spin and crunch. Quite a few people at work said the particular motorway round about and slip roads where I had the accident are notorious for being very slippy and especially when wet, apparently because it's a busy junction for HGV's there is always oil and diesel knocking about on the road surface. Typical, it wasn't my normal way to work and I only went that way to avoid a traffic jam on the M62. Anyhow, only damage done to the car and not me so onwards and upwards. I plan to look for a good IS300 sport cross or saloon if I can find one that is.

• Sad 1

sorry too hear of this ................  a few years ago the gf was driving mine off the A2 nr, Eltham and coming off the slip road at tiny mph hit a diesel smear and went head long into the grass bank and shrubs ........  zero damage thankfully, RAC pulled her out, Police stopped all traffic exiting at that junction AND stated that they would have another word with the bus garage just up the road coz it was going to have been yet another bus diesel spill from overfilling that caused the skid !

Malc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

Scary stuff. But glad you're OK.

Cheers, lucky is was early in the morning so little traffic and could have been worse. My LS400 ownership is at an end after 12 months but was enjoyable, shame for the car as it was a good example (after all the work I did).

• Like 1

Glad yer OK Paul. 🙂 Commiserations for the LS ☹️

I had a nasty motorcycle wreck in 1982 on a roundabout in Birmingham on Dartmouth Circus.
I bounced off the crash barrier designed to stop buses and trucks from crashing down onto the Aston Expressway.
Luckily I was wearing full gear and a spine protector so I only broke both legs, right arm, skull fracture and several ribs.

The cause was diesel from a bus as back then the Circus was the first right turn for the buses coming from the bus depot in Aston.
The drivers would occasionally fill up in the morning, forget to fit the screw-down cap and just close the flap, so at the first right turn litres of diesel poured out.
In the rain, diesel might as well be black-ice so far as a motorcycle is concerned. I hate the stuff!
After paying me and many others substantial compensation they finally modified the filler caps so that they couldn't close the flap without screwing on the cap.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Very sorry to read all of that Paul.

Thanks John, still don’t know what happened but such is life I suppose. There is worse things happening in the world at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Razor61 said:

Thanks John, still don’t know what happened but such is life I suppose. There is worse things happening in the world at the moment.

Spot on Paul.We could all do with remembering that.

What if one lived in a Flat and had noisy neighbours up and below and at the side and they had a Dog.

And one had small children, who were unwell and needed attention which could not be obtained and you had nowhere to hang the washing out to dry and you could not get to the shops and had no access to the Internet etc, etc.

Most of us on here do not know we have been born !!

Just saying. Help those those who need help.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 4:28 PM, Cotswold Pete said:

Easily fixed either with new boot seal, or pull old one off, clean it up and then reseat with mastic/silicone.

Problem caused by original sealent drying out, allowing water to wick up and over and then fins its way to the wheel well via boot lock.

Thanks, I think that's exactly it! I could see the water in the wheel well was coming from around the boot lock but then no where else... until I spotted there were traces of it coming from where the rubber seal grips onto the body. Hopefully a new seal / clean & reseal will cure it

UnSORNed and drove my GS for the first time since the initial lockdown in March. Car started up with no dramas at all, like it were just driven yesterday. 

Took it to Lexus for service and hybrid check-up. Apart from the bizarre experience of walking into an empty showroom, the car was all good and released with a clean bill of health (yay).

Drove it back home via a slight detour just to spend some "me time" with the car. As corny as it may sound, watching the sun set on an empty stretch of country road with this playing in the background really felt like falling in love again. Car never felt so smooth and serene. 

Arrived home with a huge grin on my face. Reversed it into the garage, hooked it up to the trickle charger and shut the door. Till next time, buddy 🙂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links