Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

On 12/23/2020 at 2:48 PM, Malc said:

I must admit I relish the prospect of Cornish lobster, scallops, crabs etc being available at better prices in England when the export markets to Parisians to eat just " dry up "

yummy :thumbsup:

well there we are, Brexit has happened AND in Iceland yesterday buying ( processed ) scallops from of all places, Argentina 😊

Malc

Dropped the lexus at the wheel refurb company. 2 sensors came out fine but other 2 must be cut out as they seized. Grrr!

Phoned Lexus Glasgow, they can change both sensors and code them in for £290! Ouch!

Waiting on a price from the wheel company garage, may be they can provide a cheaper alternative.

20210113_081828.jpg

• Sad 4

5 hours ago, Vlady said:

Dropped the lexus at the wheel refurb company. 2 sensors came out fine but other 2 must be cut out as they seized. Grrr!

Phoned Lexus Glasgow, they can change both sensors and code them in for £290! Ouch!

Waiting on a price from the wheel company garage, may be they can provide a cheaper alternative.

20210113_081828.jpg

Just an update, had a phone call from the wheel refurb company, apparently only 1 sensor is required and all in with the coding will be £65 on top of I am paying for the wheel refurb, not too bad! I would pay Lexus about £150! 

I also hope the garage didn't take advantage of me, I use them 1st time, and decided to make some money on me. Will be checking my sensors, at least visually! 🙂

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Vlady said:

I had the same thing happen when I had my wheels refurbed.

In the end the garage got a genuine part fitted for £75 and I coded it myself.

Unfortunately, it does seem that they can get quite stuck in there apparently.

3 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

I had the same thing happen when I had my wheels refurbed.

In the end the garage got a genuine part fitted for £75 and I coded it myself.

Unfortunately, it does seem that they can get quite stuck in there apparently.

Perhaps along with regularly checking the caliper pins we should be putting a drop of penetrating oil on the tyre valve stems?

John 

• Haha 1

The car is back with me, it was only one sensor that need replacement. I didn't have a chance to check the work they have done on the wheels neither to check which sensor they have changed as it was dark and raining, hopefully this morning will be dryer so i can go outside and have a look and take a photo.

I also wish to give a car a proper wash but the weather disagreeing with me, it is cold, frosty over nights and roads treated so the car will get dirty pretty quickly if I go even for a short drive. It is clean inside though, i usually clean inside once a week.

15 hours ago, KolePaha said:

Did the annual service at the dealer and got the car cleaned. 

lsb.jpg

ls1b.jpg

Beautiful! Nice photo!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OldTrout said:

Perhaps along with regularly checking the caliper pins we should be putting a drop of penetrating oil on the tyre valve stems?

John 

If it was easy to do or if I knew for a fact that penetration oil would do the job I would be doing this on a regular basis!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

If it was easy to do or if I knew for a fact that penetration oil would do the job I would be doing this on a regular basis!

Yes, I'm intrigued.

Never heard of this before ...

Clean MOT Pass yesterday afternoon.
Only done a little over 4,000 miles since the 5th Jan 2020.
Only mentioned (not reported) issue is excessive tyre wear on inside of the front left tyre.
Probably just needs an alignment check and a new tyre.
Not urgent as the inside still has 3mm tread (5mm elsewhere).

The MOT tester asked if I wanted to sell it. When I said no, he told me all the LS owners say that. I pointed him at this forum and he said he'd have a look as he's wanted one for some time. He said he loves testing them as they have so little rust underneath and just feel solid and well built.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Theresa Davez said:

Got wheel spacers on my Lexus IS F, really make a big difference!

639037043_AfterBONOSSforgedlightweightpluswheelspacersonLexusISF2010frontrear20(1).thumb.jpg.645d2d10cba8568e21ae6b273a860e23.jpg

1336106369_AfterBONOSSforgedlightweightpluswheelspacersonLexusISF2010frontrear20(3).thumb.jpg.f35d2fac7a412b1d38228a92d8235ed5.jpg

20mm for front&rear.

1391486062_AfterBONOSSforgedlightweightpluswheelspacersonLexusISF2010frontrear20.thumb.jpg.d7df160bab7e985a6662d77b114fcf1c.jpg

911453688_AfterinstallBONOSSforgedlightweightpluswheelspacersonLexusISF2010frontrear20.thumb.jpg.5aba3dd367a52278c65b5a7592b935e1.jpg

527680345_AfterBONOSSforgedlightweightpluswheelspacersonLexusISF2010frontrear20(2).thumb.jpg.a33d534dfffb07983e62d203fa7abc6a.jpg

Nice car! The wheels do look much better!

I refurbished the wheels on Wednesday, yesterday I removed 2 front ones to clean/wash them and then applied a coat of PoorBoys sealant and some tyre shine, Ive got 2 more wheels to do, hopefully today, weather permitting as i hate doing half the job!

20210115_130825.jpg

20210115_114819.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vlady said:

I refurbished the wheels on Wednesday, yesterday I removed 2 front ones to clean/wash them and then applied a coat of PoorBoys sealant and some tyre shine, Ive got 2 more wheels to do, hopefully today, weather permitting as i hate doing half the job!

And it is done, rear alloys are done too! 

To be honest the car needs washing but it is too bloody windy and occasional rain doesn't help either! Will be waiting for a better times! 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today is turning out to be a frustrating one, I thought mmm nice and sunny why not get the old LS460 out and give it a blast and go to get the cat some food (necessary journey)

To do this I had to move my parked RX300 that was in front of the garage on the same side as my 460 was parked on the inside. Quick press of the remote on the RX usually opens the car but not today!!! as the car is new to me and I don't have a second key I have it earmarked to have the key cut and programmed next week, so I could check by using a spare.

Quick trip to Lexus with my son a chauffeur and one Battery later still not working. We live on a slope so can't easily push said RX out of the way, I have posted for help in the RX section so probably calling the AA tomorrow.

Was really looking forward to my 460 drive today, so it's a case of What didn't I do in my Lexus today !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, PJ Murphy said:

Today is turning out to be a frustrating one, I thought mmm nice and sunny why not get the old LS460 out and give it a blast and go to get the cat some food (necessary journey)

To do this I had to move my parked RX300 that was in front of the garage on the same side as my 460 was parked on the inside. Quick press of the remote on the RX usually opens the car but not today!!! as the car is new to me and I don't have a second key I have it earmarked to have the key cut and programmed next week, so I could check by using a spare.

Quick trip to Lexus with my son a chauffeur and one battery later still not working. We live on a slope so can't easily push said RX out of the way, I have posted for help in the RX section so probably calling the AA tomorrow.

Was really looking forward to my 460 drive today, so it's a case of What didn't I do in my Lexus today !

Have you tried opening the 460 with its emergency key to find out what happens next ? 

• Like 1