Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

41 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

May I point out to both my learned friends that the statement provided "the vibration at 80 mph has gone" did not, firstly, say the tyres were fitted to any particular car, secondly at no point did he state he was the driver of the vehicle to which they were fitted,. Furthermore, you will note that the letter g and h are adjacement on a UK keyboard so I may wish to venture that the wording should have read 80 mpg, ie referring to the wonders of Lexus frugality 😎

me brayne urtz gov !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

May I point out to both my learned friends that the statement provided "the vibration at 80 mph has gone" did not, firstly, say the tyres were fitted to any particular car, secondly at no point did he state he was the driver of the vehicle to which they were fitted,. Furthermore, you will note that the letter g and h are adjacement on a UK keyboard so I may wish to venture that the wording should have read 80 mpg, ie referring to the wonders of Lexus frugality 😎

PMSL!

Phil, please be my brief at my next court appearance! I was telling the truth Malc! Thank you John for your technical defence on my part! It was on a closed private road in the Cotswolds!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

PMSL!

Phil, please be my brief at my next court appearance! I was telling the truth Malc! Thank you John for your technical defence on my part! It was on a closed private road in the Cotswolds!

I had to do over 100mph to get there and back in a day!

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I had to do over 100mph to get there and back in a day!

If I were you I would certainly go see your doctor. Your current medications are clearly affecting your judgement in being able to differentiate between your actual speed and your delusional one. This is not necessarily a bad thing but will be if you confuse your membership of the LOC with that of the Lakeland Orienteering Club which would mean you are completely lost 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

If I were you I would certainly go see your doctor. Your current medications are clearly affecting your judgement in being able to differentiate between your actual speed and your delusional one. This is not necessarily a bad thing but will be if you confuse your membership of the LOC with that of the Lakeland Orienteering Club which would mean you are completely lost 🤣

Phil, would you be my doctor as well?

3 minutes ago, LS 430 A Lovely thing said:

I tried to replace my leaking radiator on my 2000 LS 430 but the new one arrived without the return to the expansion bottle on the left of the rad. It’s identical in every other way. Anyone else had this and is there a workaround?

The return on the old rad is where the green circle is on the picture.

85FE3CEF-BFBE-4057-AE7F-3F7E265D8D9D.jpeg

• Confused 1

I took my LS600 to Dave at Lex-tek to change the nsf air strut part was £775. Does ride better but am sure the other one will go next few thousand miles. Good guy is Dave and his charge was very reasonable.      

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I took my LS600 to Dave at Lex-tek to change the nsf air strut part was £775. Does ride better but am sure the other one will go next few thousand miles. Good guy is Dave and his charge was very reasonable.      

It is good to get recommendations from members.

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2021 at 11:50 AM, LS 430 A Lovely thing said:

The return on the old rad is where the green circle is on the picture.

85FE3CEF-BFBE-4057-AE7F-3F7E265D8D9D.jpeg

I've not done a rad replacement so can't comment on any workaround. Is there an overflow fitting anywhere else on the rad? If so you could just extend the hose. Otherwise, you will need to return that rad and order the correct one with the overflow in the right place.

When I get around to doing mine, I'll just fit the separate ATF cooler so I can forget about it.
I'll just block the gearbox cooler in the rad with rubber plugs so even if the rad does hole through to the ATF section, it won't leak out.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203109597302?hash=item2f4a468076:g:XM0AAOSw241YUWEz

Got the old girl through her MOT today - We have had an exemption in place for over a year now and before that had a 6 month extension due to faulty lifts in the test centres here (NI) so its been literally 2 years since the last one - but no advisories and straight through (although they recorded the miles on the "new" dash even though I told them it was wrong and showed the paperwork to prove it 🙄) Anyway its not important as I am not selling it  😁 Now..  further to the above with the radiator its something that has been on my mind for a while and I'm at the point where I need to think about a replacement or that oil cooler thingmabob mentioned for piece of mind - however I've only 86,000 or so on the car and have read before its not always needed. Both seem to be more or less same price and I am sort of wondering what to do now......  anyone any thoughts on it? If I am replacing the rad I will have to check which one I have first I imagine to get the right one. :huh: 

MOT.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BMCWP said:

If I am replacing the rad I will have to check which one I have first I imagine to get the right one

The radiator should have 5023 or 5024 markings on the top in the centre. It is then further determined whether you have a cap on top of the radiator or a screw in plug.

Given the age of your vehicle I'd guess at a 5024 without a cap, in which case it may be difficult to find one other than a genuine Lexus part as most aftermarket ones are pre-facelift US designed ones.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 9:26 PM, ColinBarber said:

The radiator should have 5023 or 5024 markings on the top in the centre. It is then further determined whether you have a cap on top of the radiator or a screw in plug.

Given the age of your vehicle I'd guess at a 5024 without a cap, in which case it may be difficult to find one other than a genuine Lexus part as most aftermarket ones are pre-facelift US designed ones.

Took the plastic cover off and this is what I have - at least I know what I am looking for now 🙂 Do I just need the radiator or do I need a "fitting kit" of clips and hoses? (if such a thing exists)

Rad.jpg

rad2.jpg

Normally you are ok to reuse the hoses and clips but as the rubber gets hard with old age the pressure from the spring clips may not create a great seal. 9 out of 10 times you will be ok. The 10th time needs jubilee clips which can be tightened to make sure the seal is good.

There are pieces of foam around the edge of the rad which you may find crumbles away and need replacing.

So I did a bit of searching and yes finding one of those is proving a bit awkward as most OEM do seem to be US spec - I would have thought by now an OEM would be available? I'll put a request in another thread in case there is. 

On 5/1/2021 at 11:40 AM, LS 430 A Lovely thing said:

I tried to replace my leaking radiator on my 2000 LS 430 but the new one arrived without the return to the expansion bottle on the left of the rad. It’s identical in every other way. Anyone else had this and is there a workaround?

Yes I had it and had to buy genuine item, that was a few years ago so there may be other options out there now

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Purchased a second key for the RX 300! Now have two keys that work remotely! Thank you Herne Bay Locks!

Keysss.JPG

Approx cost if not too cheeky a question Davey ?

Did they provide, cut and programme the key ?

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Approx cost if not too cheeky a question Davey ?

Did they provide, cut and programme the key ?

£150 including a new Battery for the original. The new key looks like a Ford/VW folding key, much more robust than the original. All works including remote operation of the boot. Took about 70 minutes. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

£150 including a new battery for the original.

this looks like a sensible purveyor of teccy car keys and refill batteries ........  so where in Herne Bay are these wizards of keys ?

Malc

10 minutes ago, Malc said:

this looks like a sensible purveyor of teccy car keys and refill batteries ........  so where in Herne Bay are these wizards of keys ?

Malc

They do call outs but I went to their shop and then took a lovely walk around Herne Bay!

https://www.hernebaylocks.co.uk/

wow, their premises sure look unprepossessing BUT clearly low'ish overheads and brilliant service go hand-in-hand ...  well done  .........  not been to HB for ages ..... always sunny there if I remember:thumbsup:

Malc