Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

9 hours ago, Vlady said:

Took kids this morning to a Soft Place and on a way oncoming Toyota Avensis smashed my offside mirror and broke indicator lens! Does anyone know if it can be changed separately from the Mirror Assembly and what part number that would be?

May be it is a sign - to change the car! I want a new NX but was going to test drove RAV4 and Corolla, it is not a Lexus but they both have great reviews, as long as they are quite on a road I might like it. Still, I want an NX!😁

2 hours ago, Vlady said:

John I know it was a black Avensis with 16 plates, dash cam do not show number plate clearly as it was raining and the windscreen was covered in water droplets, useless! 

No, I wouldn't call insurance, I don't want another claim and pay another £700! Other driver did not stop, neither did I, as I managed to pop the mirror body back in place, it worked so i was not worried much, only when I stopped at my destination and checked the damage I noticed that the indicator lens is broken.

I checked the camera and it looks like the other car was within its lane ( a bit close to a centre line) but because the road so narrow all it would take just 20-30cm to a centre and you would hit another car mirror which is what happened. I believe I was in my lane and had plenty space but it takes a moment of distraction on a road like that to be drawn too close to oncoming traffic.

Anyway, will call Lexus tomorrow to check the price and then will check with Breakers UK if they have it. Lexus Direct wants £85 for it.

Good thing I managed to remove it from the mirror so I know it can be changed separately from the mirror assembly no matter what Lexus dealer might be telling me, I assume they will be willing to sell to me a whole mirror assembly!

I guess I am still going through black line in my life! 😞

Thanks Vlady. Seems like it was unavoidable to either Party.

We all have Black Days Vlady. My last one was in 1988 when Wimbledon beat Liverpool and Beasant saved Aldridge`s Penalty !🤣🤣🤣

Anyway let`s go onwards and upwards and I look forward to hearing about and seeing your Lexus NX.👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

While looking for the O/S mirror indicator unit on Aliexpress I found mudguards that are for Lexus GS, I couldn't resist but to order them! 🙂

For like £17 including delivery for 4 seems very cheap but I already bought a few items for my motorbike and can't fault them and they were like 5 times cheaper to what it can be bought in UK. Will see how they fit the car!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vlady said:

I have no idea what it is with my luck Shahpor, I was hoping all the dab would be left in 2021! 

In situation like that even dash cam won't prove anything. I found so far the part number 81730-76010 GSP4Phase 4 Mirror Indicator Lamp RHF for £82!!! from lexusdirect!

I will check your link too, thank you very much! The used one will be considered as well! 🙂

No worries, I hope you get it sorted easily, although at £82 from LPD, it is a better deal than the one I found on Aliexpress!

I do worry about things like this as it has happened to me before more than once.  In the good old days a replacement would be easy, but today with electric/auto folding/heated/blind spot symbol/indicator mirrors, it can end being a complicated endeavour.

Either way, fingers crossed your luck improves Vlad 🙂

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

No worries, I hope you get it sorted easily, although at £82 from LPD, it is a better deal than the one I found on Aliexpress!

I do worry about things like this as it has happened to me before more than once.  In the good old days a replacement would be easy, but today with electric/auto folding/heated/blind spot symbol/indicator mirrors, it can end being a complicated endeavour.

Either way, fingers crossed your luck improves Vlad 🙂

Your link is for 2 indicators and they are AUDI style - Dynamic so still a pretty good deal, they would refresh the look of the mirrors but as you I am worried if it is not a perfect fit or will be throwing in an error then return to China might cost a lot of money! 🙂

I am waiting on a call back from Lexus, I am sure it will be about £100, also emailed the Lexus breakers uk to check if they have it.

But thanks Shahpor, I do hope the luck will improve! 

• Like 1

£90 from Lexus dealer for the Mirror indicator. 😞

£82 from LPD seems a better option! 🙂

Common breakers uk, have it have it have it! Fingers Crossed! 🙂

Oh, wrt to lost keys - found a chap who can do BMW key for £295, BMW dealer wanted £334 + ££80 for programming possibly as they are not sure if the key comes fully programmed and suitable for the car! 

Still waiting for a quote for a Lexus key!

22 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Oh, wrt to lost keys - found a chap who can do BMW key for £295, BMW dealer wanted £334 + ££80 for programming possibly as they are not sure if the key comes fully programmed and suitable for the car! 

Still waiting for a quote for a Lexus key!

Local locksmith advertises they can do Merc and BMW keys much cheaper than that:-

Ring for a quote: https://www.hernebaylocks.co.uk/lock-and-key-repairs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Local locksmith advertises they can do Merc and BMW keys much cheaper than that:-

Ring for a quote: https://www.hernebaylocks.co.uk/lock-and-key-repairs

I called them, apparently they are down south and do not work with Scotland, I guess it is far away! 🙂

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Vlady said:

I called them, apparently they are down south and do not work with Scotland, I guess it is far away! 🙂

Seems very strange that a Business should turn down Business ?

Do you sound really, really rough and tough on the phone Vlady ?

4 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Seems very strange that a Business should turn down Business ?

Do you sound really, really rough and tough on the phone Vlady ?

Probably, very similar to my messages here! John, I told them that I live in Scotland and I have lost my car keys and asked them if they can help me out with the new key - the answer was no. 🙂

18 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Probably, very similar to my messages here! John, I told them that I live in Scotland and I have lost my car keys and asked them if they can help me out with the new key - the answer was no. 🙂

I would not like to meet you down a dark alley on  a dark cold night in Glasgow Vlady.🤣🤣🤣

Largs, certainly, where the Sun always shines..

I blame Davey at Spacewagon 52 ?

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Apologies, late to this thread but if your keys were on a ring with your house keys might house insurance cover it? Just a thought 🏡

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Apologies, late to this thread but if your keys were on a ring with your house keys might house insurance cover it? Just a thought 🏡

Hi Philip, thanks for suggestion, it was only 2 keys for 2 cars, 1 for Lexus and 1 for wife's BMW. 

I am not sure house insurance would cover it, may be if it was stolen from the house? It is worth contacting them though, of course. 

7 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Hi Philip, thanks for suggestion, it was only 2 keys for 2 cars, 1 for Lexus and 1 for wife's BMW. 

I am not sure house insurance would cover it, may be if it was stolen from the house? It is worth contacting them though, of course. 

A great suggestion from Phil, but you`ve no need to phone the Insurer, just read the policy Document Vlady.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Vlady said:

No Vlad, your memory is confused there was definitely house keys on the ring 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Phil xxkr said:

No Vlad, your memory is confused there was definitely house keys on the ring 👍

I am sure they were on the ring! 🙂

Home Insurance said that only house keys are covered, if I lost car keys as well then I need to contact my car insurance, which is stupid - that means I have to pay my excess twice! Even though both policies are with Churchill!

Even house keys replacement would cost £350 in excess and 1 claim!

3 hours ago, Vlady said:

I am sure they were on the ring! 🙂

Home Insurance said that only house keys are covered, if I lost car keys as well then I need to contact my car insurance, which is stupid - that means I have to pay my excess twice! Even though both policies are with Churchill!

Even house keys replacement would cost £350 in excess and 1 claim!

Crikey Vlad! Never heard of such a huge excess on house insurance 😱 sorry it didn't work out 

• Thanks 1

While browsing AliExpress last night I found another offer for the mirror indicators, they are simple indicators, no fancy dynamic stuff, no paddle light etc but you can order Left or Right side and 1-off cost just £25 with free delivery (+20% 😡) so an order was placed! 

As much as I would love to update the look of the car with newer mirror indicators to give it a fresher look I can't spend £110 at the moment on top of my £700 accident excess in November plus new replacement keys for GS and BMW which are not cheap, so I decided to go for a cheaper option with indicators but kept the fancy one in a WishList! 🙂

Oh, I also ordered Interior LED lights replacement kit! 🙈

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Curious to see how it comes out.

Don't forget to post before and after pictures 🙂

How long for delivery?

About 3 weeks! Long time but it is free so it is not bad, could be worth! 🙂

I will take some photos when it arrives and after installed on the car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

turned ......           237,000           purrrrfect           miles

N 7 GNT ............  had her since June 2011 and travelled some blissful and safe, reliable, immensely comfortable and where needed, quick, fast, rapid motoring, mainly UK but many trips around the EU and Ireland too in my driving her some 114k miles 

A very satisfied owner and driver of this and prior Ls400s for some 20+ years and probably a quarter million miles too :thumbsup:

Malc

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Malc said:

turned ......           237,000           purrrrfect           miles

N 7 GNT ............  had her since June 2011 and travelled some blissful and safe, reliable, immensely comfortable and where needed, quick, fast, rapid motoring, mainly UK but many trips around the EU and Ireland too in my driving her some 114k miles 

A very satisfied owner and driver of this and prior Ls400s for some 20+ years and probably a quarter million miles too :thumbsup:

Malc

A proud man indeed and rightly so.👍👍👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New Battery fitted to LS400 today. Actually the second in the space of a year, I made the mistake of letting the last one go flat when I wasn't using it much before/just after Christmas and it wouldn't then take a charge.

Must make sure I start using it more regularly, at least until the MoT is due in March, then we'll see what the tester says......

• Like 1