Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

31 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

More than 10 washing halls here in LP. Even one drive through that is open when somebody in the shop want to work a bit, not often.

They are still hungry for tourists, just not loud about it.

Shell super 1.34€. And probably going up now with all the problems.

I was there in December and filled rented Renault Megan just under €1 a litre!

John, should have texted you, would be good to see another forum member!

• Like 1

This morning, because it was sunny instead of the rain we seemed to have had for a week, I replaced my thinning rear brake pads on my IS250. Used some Blueprint ones that came for a good price and also took the opportunity to re grease the sliding pins and clean up the pad locating pins.

Used a smear of Pagid brake grease on the backs of the pad shims ,locating pins, and then some special slide pin grease on the, you guessed it, slide pins.

Also a touch of red rubber grease on the boots.

All done for about £20.

Going to book it in for the annual MOT next week.

• Like 2

that's am amazing price . when I used to buy the Ls400 wiper blades, that's just the rubbers, from Lexus /Toyota they were about £28 a set a couple of years ago .........  the prior stock used to last about 3 years 30/40k miles .....  the last set lasted only a year .  maybe they were very very old stock and had just " perished " 

So lately I've been having the standard cheapy rubbers which really only last the 12 month but cost a fraction of the price 

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

that's am amazing price . when I used to buy the Ls400 wiper blades, that's just the rubbers, from Lexus /Toyota they were about £28 a set a couple of years ago .........  the prior stock used to last about 3 years 30/40k miles .....  the last set lasted only a year .  maybe they were very very old stock and had just " perished " 

So lately I've been having the standard cheapy rubbers which really only last the 12 month but cost a fraction of the price 

Malc

The original are more quiet than the Bosch I tried once, but the Lexus also last only a year.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

20220227_191530.thumb.jpg.8d2aa0d5489eb287c2383dbaa2f98257.jpg

55€ without installation.

Wonder if cheaper if buying for a Toyota.

I don’t remember exactly by how much, but Toyota used to charge less for the same wipers.  Nowadays they are priced the same, no doubt as the result of a corporate directive for all packaged spare parts that carry both the Toyota and Lexus logos.  I have personally never had a duration or quality problem with Bosch wipers, which are cheaper, and if I need new ones and happen to drive past a Bosch garage, I’ll stop and buy.  Years ago, I recall being irritated when Lexus once or twice changed my wipers during servicing because the mechanic thought it necessary, adding a labour charge to the bill.  No Toyota or Bosch spare-parts person selling me wipers has ever charged me for fitting them, almost always without being asked (not that I figure I couldn’t manage the job myself if I felt like it!).

• Like 2

Bosch for me too. I tried the Lexus/Toyota ones and a few others and they all wore out fast and squeaked.
The Bosch AeroTwins just work and last at least 1 year if you don't try to clear ice or crusted on bug guts with them.

10 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

Bosch for me too. I tried the Lexus/Toyota ones and a few others and they all wore out fast and squeaked.
The Bosch AeroTwins just work and last at least 1 year if you don't try to clear ice or crusted on bug guts with them.

The AuroTwins were the ones that I could hear inside the car, where the Lexus ones are completely silent. The LS430 probably are better sound proofed than the CT.

• Like 1

AAAAGGGGHHHHHH horror story .....  my security code popped up to check one of my bank accounts this morning on line 

.................645 BMW ...........  jeez hope it's not fortelling something seriously not wanted :unsure:

Malc

• Haha 2

Replaced all 4 tyres from Dunlops to Michelin Cross Climates - the Dunlops don't wear every well - they become noisier as the wear - the Michelin are alot quieter and supple.

Also had the front nrake pads changed at the same time - the current ones made a groaning noise when stopping which I didn't like - replaced with genuine Lexus pads - all good now.

And finally a quick wash to get rid of all the winter muck 

• Like 3

Despite four or five days of springlike weather I still haven’t summoned up the energy to thoroughly clean and wax my RC, which is a major annual event requiring not only focus and maximum concentration but the coaxing of muscles into activity after months of hibernation.  So, as an interim measure before the acquisition of sufficient motivation to do a proper job, I today rose bright and early, filled a bucket with lukewarm water, threw in a couple of capfuls of my trusty Optimum No Rinse Wash ‘n’ Shine, and delicately sponged the wheels and body to what I judged to be excellent effect.  And, although it wasn’t strictly necessary but because I enjoyed it, I then lovingly passed a drying towel over the car not once but twice.  I then came back indoors, had breakfast, and, while admiring the car through my kitchen window, wrote this post.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

Despite four or five days of springlike weather I still haven’t summoned up the energy to thoroughly clean and wax my RC, which is a major annual event requiring not only focus and maximum concentration but the coaxing of muscles into activity after months of hibernation.  So, as an interim measure before the acquisition of sufficient motivation to do a proper job, I today rose bright and early, filled a bucket with lukewarm water, threw in a couple of capfuls of my trusty Optimum No Rinse Wash ‘n’ Shine, and delicately sponged the wheels and body to what I judged to be excellent effect.  And, although it wasn’t strictly necessary but because I enjoyed it, I then lovingly passed a drying towel over the car not once but twice.  I then came back indoors, had breakfast, and, while admiring the car through my kitchen window, wrote this post.

Which post is that then? 😊

Bild 1 - Verstellbare Universal in Auto Kopfstütze Sitz Halterung Halter für iPad Tablet 7" bis 11"

https://www.ebay.de/itm/253482214924?var=555253493287

Installed this in the CT. Hold 11" tablet without problems.

Cheap 16€ included shipping (from UK).

Compare with the one from Lexusparts UK? I like this from eBay.

Cheaper, much cheaper, less clumsy, can be installed more ways so the tablet can be placed where my little one wants it to be. What's not to like?

The CT is fine, we are happy with it, but Toyota here has nothing that can make little children comfortable in the car. Just look at the booster seat I bought. Company that made it was supported by Hyundai.

6b7534457241b.jpg  cf5588f1f93f1.png

https://poledglobal.com/79/?idx=4

10 times the quality of what El Corte Ingles (supposedly the best quality store in Spain) has to offer.

Toyota here has nothing.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Took the LS 400 for a day trip from East Kent to Didcot Railway Centre to see the first train to be pulled by the refurbished Pendennis Castle 4079. Lovely weather and a pleasure to visit Didcot.

The LS 400 returned 30 mpg for the journey (on computer but reasonably accurate) so I was really pleased. Longer journeys in this car are wonderful. Smooth ride, power when needed. Genuinely nothing to complain about, apart from the closure of the M4!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spent 5 days in the Forest of Dean/Wye Valley and had a daytrip through the Brecon Beacons to the Black Mountain. The LS performed superbly as usual. She wafted us there and back in comfort but we had some fun on the twisty mountain roads. Enough fun that I got slapped by the missus. :laughing:
25.5Mpg for the 700+ mile trip despite my lead-foot. :thumbup:
The only negative was the eternal 40Mph roadworks on the A465 near Merthyr Tydfil. :mad2:

• Like 3

a couple of days ago the old lady actually turned the   238,000 mile   mark :thumbsup:

What an amaizing sense of joy and achievement and wafting along, as ever, in sheer bliss  ......... fingers xd long may this idyll continue :yes:

Malc

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

I washed it 😁 Going in for a Pre MOT this week so probably should have waited but was rather grubby. Still looks ok for an almost 17 year old car (just dont look too close) 🤣

Lexus LS430c.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BMCWP said:

I washed it 😁 Going in for a Pre MOT this week so probably should have waited but was rather grubby. Still looks ok for an almost 17 year old car (just dont look too close) 🤣

Lexus LS430c.jpg

Silver does suit these cars very well, it doesn't age and hides dirt and imperfections very well.

My previous 430 was a silver and sometimes I do want one - my current is grey and becomes dirty very quickley

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links